If you're gonna ding me for my companion parties' raids...

Users who are viewing this thread

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
...let me tell those ****ers to stop raiding.

It used to be like this in 1.4.1:
GOkF7eG.png

But with the new patch, 1.4.2 / 1.4.3, I've started eating a relations hit for it.

OK, fine, I knew it was cheese to drag around three or four clan parties then cut them loose in the enemy heartland, knowing exactly what they would do to all those sweet, sweet 800+ hearth villages. Yeah, the people know who those guys are working for. That's all fair.

But I don't like having to keep my companions on a leash to stop the village raids from happening or -- when I do see the little message that my companion is raiding a village -- being unable to halt it by calling them to my army ("Engaging an enemy") then eating the relations hit. Just give me a simple on/off toggle. Maybe if you want to get fancy, let me specify raiding castle- or town-owned villages only when I go to siege that settlement. That'd be cool, since it's like the only time the -6 is worth what you get.

Just don't leave me hanging here.

...let me tell those ****ers to stop raiding.

It used to be like this in 1.4.1:
GOkF7eG.png

But with the new patch, 1.4.2 / 1.4.3, I've started eating a relations hit for it.

OK, fine, I knew it was cheese to drag around three or four clan parties then cut them loose in the enemy heartland, knowing exactly what they would do to all those sweet, sweet 800+ hearth villages. Yeah, the people know who those guys are working for. That's all fair.

But I don't like having to keep my companions on a leash to stop the village raids from happening or -- when I do see the little message that my companion is raiding a village -- being unable to halt it by calling them to my army ("Engaging an enemy") then eating the relations hit. Just give me a simple on/off toggle. Maybe if you want to get fancy, let me specify raiding castle- or town-owned villages only when I go to siege that settlement. That'd be cool, since it's like the only time the -6 is worth what you get.

Just don't leave me hanging here.
Good thing you've got that 200+ charm smooth it all over.
I don't :sad:
But so far I've been lucky with my lazy companions not raiding anyone. I wish you could tell them what do though, or have their traits matter.
If I take on stinky the scumbag I might expect some trouble but the honorable ones shouldn't do raids on their own. I wish we could tell them to reinforce a garrison or stay at a fief too. You can dispband them and it should work out but they might got to the bad no-food town.

Can double that. But we need more control over companion parties in general.

In their infinite wisdom, Taleworlds somehow decided to give the player a clan and companions, but leave out the ability to interact and control your own subordinates in a game with substantial strategy elements.

Is it any wonder why many people feel that the game feels both shallow and tedious. I know that I stopped playing in part because of the herding-cat feeling when letting the companions do anything in their own. Can't even enter a friendly town without losing elite troops for **** sake!

Part of me was really hoping that this kind of stuff would be tied to traits. Like if I went out of my way to recruit honorable and kind followers when I let them loose they wouldn't raid, wouldn't exactly earn me money either but would take out bandits and such, helping my rep. But if I went for those high skill buggers with murderous and such they'd raid and pillage and I'd take a rep hit while losing rep but making some bucks.

Would add a whole lot to the whole immersion level. Choose what kind of leader you want to be so to speak, having conflicting personalities in your clan could even lead to conflict and conversations pop ups that add up to "me or them".

I dunno, just thought it would be cool...

Also the companions/nobles with honorable trait should NOT raid the villages at all. Period.
Maybe only when YOU as their monarch order them to do it (but then it should at least slightly worsen the relationship with them.

Little things like that is what gives NPCs personalities. When they all act the same, no matter their traits, it's a really bad experience.

Can double that. But we need more control over companion parties in general.

Taleworlds somehow decided to give the player a clan and companions, but leave out the ability to interact and control your own subordinates in a game with substantial strategy elements.

+1000
The inability to control and interact with the companions leading their own parties is maddening.

In their infinite wisdom, Taleworlds somehow decided to give the player a clan and companions, but leave out the ability to interact and control your own subordinates in a game with substantial strategy elements.

Yes but take in account that game isn't finished yet and devs said that more control will be added at some point.

The situation is even worse. Whenever I came into a town with my companion parties, they donated my elite soldiers automatedly.
In, out, in, out, in, out...I am weak now...

Last edited:
I think as a ruler you actually get dinged for any raid by your kingdom, without being able to stop my vassals from raiding it tanks my relations with anyone we go to war with and make it harder and harder to recruit lords and men. Also it sucks when you lose a castle thats part of your home land and your vassals will raid their own villages until you take it back. It would be nice if a lords relation with a village would stop them from raiding them if its a border settlement that has a high chance of flipping back.

The situation is even worse. Whenever I came into a town with my companion parties, they donated my elite soldiers automatedly.
In, out, in, out, in, out...I am weak now...

You mean they donate their troops isnt it? You should gain influence for this. More influence for better troops.

About topic yes you should have more control over your companion parties and it is planned and will be implemented in future.

I'm sure they gave their companion elite troops that they wanted back later and loosing access to them is a set back do to the effort to raise new ones.

This is why I treat companion parties as un-wanted unit disposal service. You just never know what they'll do.

Ok. We can add several options for your parties. This can solve problem.

-enable raids
-enable other hostile actions (attacking villagers / caravans)
-enable donating troops

Ok. We can add several options for your parties. This can solve problem.

-enable raids
-enable other hostile actions (attacking villagers / caravans)
-enable donating troops

Can we also add an option to companions donate troops for the garrison we own? I see them donation for cities from other clans in my kingdom but they never drop any unit in the city that our clan actually own. I can understand why the other clan's NPCs don't drop units, but why the companions have the same behaviour?

Last edited:
Can we also add an option to companions donate troops for the garrison we own? I see them donation for cities from other clans in my kingdom but they never drop any unit in the city that our clan actually own. I can understand why the NPCs don't drop units, but why the companions have the same behaviour?
Being able to turn it off or direct what garrison would be very important though. Having a garrison filled willy nilly can cause food problems.

Being able to turn it off or direct what garrison would be very important though. Having a garrison filled willy nilly can cause food problems.

Agree if they keep donating units nonstop could really cause this food issue, the situation that I was thinking was just when the castle was vulnerable, like lower than 150 units or so

Back
Top Bottom