Serious Question

Users who are viewing this thread

It's the definition of being critical of a game.

Anyone who hates the game is obsessed over the game in your book and should leave the forums. Good thinking Axios.

Ever heard of something called a Yes-Man?

Being critical of a game implies you like it though. At least in terms of being an active member and being critical.

Whereas being a yes-man implies you do not take any critical views; which is completely wrong for myself. Which is why I make content to try and improve the game (and I remain very adamant 'anti block delay'). However much I criticise the game though it's because I enjoy it.

If I didn't enjoy this game I'd be gone... I can promise you that... and this is what confuses me.

I understand this "I enjoy and play the game but it needs to be better"

But don't understand this "I hate the game don't play it but it needs to be better".

Being critical of a game implies you like it though. At least in terms of being an active member and being critical.

Whereas being a yes-man implies you do not take any critical views; which is completely wrong for myself. Which is why I make content to try and improve the game (and I remain very adamant 'anti block delay'). However much I criticise the game though it's because I enjoy it.

If I didn't enjoy this game I'd be gone... I can promise you that.
Whatever, you just going to keep on going about the definition of someone being critical about the game, then i respond, and you respond and blabalblaa going nowhere.

I will be talking to a brick wall anyway

Whatever, you just going to keep on going about the definition of someone being critical about the game, then i respond, and you respond and blabalblaa going nowhere.

I will be talking to a brick wall anyway
The same could be said in the reverse... You won't budge from your position. I do at least want to find a compromise that works for everyone - however impossible that may be.

Here's something that will shock you. If TW said tomorrow that the class system was being scrapped and they were bringing back the warband system I'd be ecstatic. Not because I care about the warband system at all; but because it might actually bring this community back together... and that is more important to me then any way we pick which sword we want.

I don't give a crap what system we use; I just want Bannerlord and the community to carry on. TW aren't going to budge and neither are hardliners... so I'm stuck in the middle.. I promise you if TW switched back - I'd be just as supportive (despite mildly preferring the class option).

I don't understand this .... I can't understand who would spend so much time talking about and playing a game they hate...? That is the literal definition of an obsession;

Talking about and trying to analyse why something is bad is usually a lot more engaging than talking about why something is good. I'm mostly here out of habit these days, but when I see a thread about game mechanics it genuinely piques my curiosity, because people have some really interesting discussions here.

Talking about and trying to analyse why something is bad is usually a lot more engaging than talking about why something is good. I'm mostly here out of habit these days, but when I see a thread about game mechanics it genuinely piques my curiosity, because people have some really interesting discussions here.
I disagree though - not with your point; thats pretty valid. But with the "interesting discussions"; I think the community is awful at the moment and just constant bickering...

I disagree though - not with your point; thats pretty valid. But with the "interesting discussions"; I think the community is awful at the moment and just constant bickering...

Can you really expect much else? People have seemingly exhausted their store of feedback and, at the risk of sounding repetitive, they haven't gotten anything for that (yet). The forums are drying up because there is nothing to discuss. Most of the possible critiques have already been posted in tones ranging from polite to violent, and we're now just waiting. Hopefully the update gives us something new to talk about. This forum is, in my humble opinion, very bored. That applies to both playing and discussing the game.

To be honest, I don't think you can blame us negative posters. Without any useful communication from the devs, we're left with very little to discuss. If @Callum were to follow the examples of Battle Brothers, or any Paradox Title, there would be more useful conversations. For example, if they were to give us an actual sneak peek of the upcoming skirmish maps (maybe an overhead or a video exploring it) then we could discuss map design. As it stands, there is nothing new to base our feedback on, so we resort to ****posting.

Because we don't say the game is perfect ?

The game is not good in its current state so why should we not say that it's bad?

Because we don't say the game is perfect ?

The game is not good in its current state so why should we not say that it's bad?
also true... game's s h i t
but... okay lets try this from a different direction. You must at least want it to be good right? Because I don't even get that feeling from half the people on here anymore.

I just don't understand how someone genuinely hates it... but still takes such an active part in it. I didn't like Dragon Age 2; never have. Thought it ruined everything from the first one. You didn't see me on the forum all day talking about it though....

Same thing with Dawn of War - loved the first one and hated the second. I was not on the DoW 2 forum posting about it all the time.

but... okay lets try this from a different direction. You must at least want it to be good right? Because I don't even get that feeling from half the people on here anymore.

Can you really expect much else? People have seemingly exhausted their store of feedback and, at the risk of sounding repetitive, they haven't gotten anything for that (yet). The forums are drying up because there is nothing to discuss. Most of the possible critiques have already been posted in tones ranging from polite to violent, and we're now just waiting. Hopefully the update gives us something new to talk about. This forum is, in my humble opinion, very bored. That applies to both playing and discussing the game.

To be honest, I don't think you can blame us negative posters. Without any useful communication from the devs, we're left with very little to discuss. If @Callum were to follow the examples of Battle Brothers, or any Paradox Title, there would be more useful conversations. For example, if they were to give us an actual sneak peek of the upcoming skirmish maps (maybe an overhead or a video exploring it) then we could discuss map design. As it stands, there is nothing new to base our feedback on, so we resort to ****posting.

People want this game to be good. We just feel like we have nothing to say. This is the logical result of having nothing to say but wanting to speak.

People want this game to be good. We just feel like we have nothing to say. This is the logical result of having nothing to say but wanting to speak.
I mean... I guess that makes sense...

Let me tell you a little secret about myself and what drives me on this forum. I just want this game to be a success... I really do. It's been such a big part of my life for so long... I have forever been telling my friends how great it will be and how they should all get it on release... and I have this sinking feeling the community won't last that long.

I don't really care what TW have to change... I just want to play bannerlord... I'm too old to play video games competitively anymore - so I don't really care too much about the tiny details right now. I'll have kids before too long... but hell if scrapping the class system is the only way to save the game then sign me up.. I just want it to succeed ... and TW aren't changing... so what can I do?

Let me tell you a little secret about myself and what drives me on this forum. I just want this game to be a success... I really do. It's been such a big part of my life for so long... I have forever been telling my friends how great it will be and how they should all get it on release...
This is how the people you call haters have been feeling all along. You just don't get it do you?

This is how the people you call haters have been feeling all along. You just don't get it do you?
But hating on the game makes it less likely to succeed? Every negative thread, post, comment, review harms the games chances of picking up in the future. I get you want the game to be better but it puts people off...

We all complain about the MP population but at the same time why would anyone come of this forum be encouraged to pick up the game?

No one who reads this comment will want to play the game;

CeQFZ13.png

Which is why I'm desperate for criticism to be less toxic... because these threads have deep consequences we never see. You could get everything you want from TW and the game might still be dead because of all the damage done during this period... I'm not saying that's the communities 'fault'; but it's us making these threads... we are killing the game. In a years time it could be everything we wanted but it won't matter...

Last edited:
But hating on the game makes it less likely to succeed? Every negative thread, post, comment, review harms the games chances of picking up in the future. I get you want the game to be better but it puts people off...

We all complain about the MP population but at the same time why would anyone come of this forum be encouraged to pick up the game?

No one who reads this comment will want to play the game;

CeQFZ13.png

Which is why I'm desperate for criticism to be less toxic... because these threads have deep consequences we never see. You could get everything you want from TW and the game might still be dead because of all the damage done during this period... I'm not saying that's the communities 'fault'; but it's us making these threads... we are killing the game. In a years time it could be everything we wanted but it won't matter...
You said it yourself, no one checks the forums. How exactly would this affect the game?

You said it yourself, no one checks the forums. How exactly would this affect the game?
Because the people who do pass it on. Discords become toxic, reddit, the steam forums, the steam reviews, in game chat. It trickles down.

I mean whatever - you would be right to say that's TW fault; they should have made a better game if they wanted better reviews. But it still harms the game...

So somehow the few forum people are influencing 99% of the people to not buy the game because... they have valid criticism?

I'm just saying its off-putting; and doesn't reflect well the game we want Bannerlord to be in a years time. We aren't saying; come back in a year and we will have something cool. We are just saying it's ****... We are crapping on the game we want to be good... it's counter-productive.

I just want it to succeed ... and TW aren't changing... so what can I do?

Yeah I dunno. On a similar note, I think that arguing about TW or whether the game is good isn't driving the conversation forwards. A cursory glance at your posting history would suggest that this is your "thing" on the forums (specifically defending TW). Me, on the other hand, I just troll. At the end of the day, neither of us are bringing new ideas to the table. Everyone is just recycling old talking points.

Imagine, alternatively, that the devs posted a video of the new combat changes. Maybe demonstrated through an FT7 duel or a small groupfight. We could talk about what we like and how we feel about the changes. Alternatively, if they posted cav gameplay then we would have something interesting to argue about. The onus is on the devs to facilitate that; I think that we should make that known.

As it becomes increasingly apparent that there's almost no topic which is undiscussed, people are posting less. At a certain point, I'll probably just take your advice and leave. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, as the forums are a great place for passionate players to offer feedback. Once again, that requires dev intervention, not ours. The forums today remind me of someone asking for feedback on an essay they haven't written.

@Callum @MArdA TaleWorlds @AVRC @Klebari

Back
Top Bottom