How much time do you think its going to take TW to acknowledge this game is boring and repetitive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Elbromas

Recruit
Just wondering, I count several posts about lack of immersion, about how boring it is, about how there's nothing to do and about there is little next to none features that make the world feel dynamic and immersive, yet not a single dev has answered in them, while other posts with other issues have been mostly adressed. This is a problem too, this is actually the biggest problem this game has, why is that no one in TW will adress this? Why cant they promise an actual change for the future? Why can they give us at least a little hint that things will improve. This is EA, we've payed to basically fund this game and keep it going, is this all we're going to get? With the lack of answer on this matter I believe it is. I love TW, I love the games they've made but this feels like its going nowhere and we will have to rely on modders. Like several other members of this game, I dont want the changes to come now, but I want to be able to look into the future and feel at least a little minimum hope that this will change.

Oh, and I know they've addeed quests but quests like the ones they've handed us are too repetitive, too boring and honestly uninteresting, so if they really think they're going to fix this issue by handing us quest and a main storyline they're very, very, very, extremely wrong. We need mechanics that make this world feel truly dynamic.

Quests are not great, and we could do with some one-time secondary quests aside from the main story... But seeing how the main story fared, I don't know if they'd be worth the time to implement. I wonder if there is a writer and designer for quests or it's just some coder's job.

But at least the quests we have now are fairly superior to Warband so there's that.

I don't think they intend on making it more interesting then Warband. We'll hopefully get children, clans and kingdom diplomacy doing more then they do now, but I don't think many exciting new things are going to be added.
They might continue to add quests but I don't think it's going to more then the kind of interesting we have now.

I would much rather play this than warband, even at the state its in...
Guess it depends on perspective.

I prefer Native BL to Native WB, but even simple mods like diplomacy easily take over BL, nevermind complete overhauls.

At this point, so long as they release mod tools, I'll be satisfied with the game, though that dosen't involve the devs.

That's a good point. Even in it's uncompleted state you can basically do all the stuff you could do in warband.
Actually could feel way more immersed in Warband and not in Bannerlord for a couple of reasons: Courting ladies, learning poems, but books to learn abilities, asking lords quests that opened door to start wars and gain relation with said lord, conspire with lords to lose and gain relations, have companions that actually felt like they had a personality, rejecting castles that I dont want to have, have dialog with lords about the state of the war and their armies, have an in game knowledge about anything, have quests given by lords while in campaign, have quests given by ladies that had to do with lady stuff, have quests given by an elder in villages that actually felt like you were helping a town instead of a single person. Over all a sum of little things that made the world feel more dynamic. Here I could find 1 moment where the world felt dynamic.

Being fair, TW devs are probably focusing on core features like:

- Aging & Permanent death
- Revolts & Rebelions
- Diplomacy
- Hopefully improving interactions with lords, marriage arranges for relatives, etc

While I would love to see feats, courting ladies, read books, etc, I think we can wait some time until getting this and I just hope that the core features work properly.

It's all subjective.

In my opinion, vanilla Bannerlord is more interesting than vanilla Warband.

Mods are what kept me playing Warband for so long and it'll be the same for Bannerlord.

TW may not see anything is wrong. Sure, you have a lot of passionate veterans of the franchise posting their displeasure at aspects of the game here, but that's overshadowed by the number of new fans having a great time with what they've got. Just look at the Steam reviews.

Give the game time, at least let it get out of EA.

Well I dont think the game is bad, I think it could be better, I think it has so much potential and it could do so much more than what the game does now. I dont want to compare, but Kenshi, even if its so much more difficult to learn, it has the ability to create so much stories, because that world not only is so rich in lore but its also incredibly dinamic and you will encounter difficult moments durint your story that will change the pace of how you play. For example lets talk about how each one deals with slavery. In kenshi, you're locked and you're locked. If you want to leave you will have to work through it and you may die in your attempt, but it will be part of your story and it will form how you play in the future. Here in Bannerlord you lose a war and get slaved and then you just spend a few days in jail, and you escape freely like nothing, you dont get ambushed or recaptured, you dont even struggle. In fact, right after you leave you spend a few days recruiting soldiers, you find your companions in a tavern like if nothing happened and then you back at war again, in less than 10 minutes probably. That is one of the many examples of what is wrong and one of the many things they could think of doing, but for the moment it really seems they dont care about giving a genuine experience, thats where my angryness comes about

Well I dont think the game is bad, I think it could be better, I think it has so much potential and it could do so much more than what the game does now. I dont want to compare, but Kenshi, even if its so much more difficult to learn, it has the ability to create so much stories, because that world not only is so rich in lore but its also incredibly dinamic and you will encounter difficult moments durint your story that will change the pace of how you play. For example lets talk about how each one deals with slavery. In kenshi, you're locked and you're locked. If you want to leave you will have to work through it and you may die in your attempt, but it will be part of your story and it will form how you play in the future. Here in Bannerlord you lose a war and get slaved and then you just spend a few days in jail, and you escape freely like nothing, you dont get ambushed or recaptured, you dont even struggle. In fact, right after you leave you spend a few days recruiting soldiers, you find your companions in a tavern like if nothing happened and then you back at war again, in less than 10 minutes probably. That is one of the many examples of what is wrong and one of the many things they could think of doing, but for the moment it really seems they dont care about giving a genuine experience, thats where my angryness comes about
You can´t compare a good game like Kenshi with Bannerlord. Kenshi has a heart and a soul.

Of course it can be better and it will be. The game is not done, mods tools are not out, there's plenty to look forward to.

You can´t compare a good game like Kenshi with Bannerlord.
Agreed, you cannot compare a completed game to one still in development.

Quests are not great
Understatement of the century.
But at least the quests we have now are fairly superior to Warband so there's that.
Are you joking? Warband's quests do somewhat suck, but Bannerlord's quests feel even more mundane and tedious. Plus, the first time you do a quest, which is the only time it feels fresh and mildly interesting, it tends to screw you over with dumb and completely pointless **** you would not expect to happen, which you ONLY figure out once you make the mistake and fail the stupid "quest".

Of course it can be better and it will be. The game is not done, mods tools are not out, there's plenty to look forward to.

Agreed, you cannot compare a completed game to one still in development.
Must be nice for TW to have fans which will write them blank development checks.

It's all subjective.

In my opinion, vanilla Bannerlord is more interesting than vanilla Warband.

Mods are what kept me playing Warband for so long and it'll be the same for Bannerlord.

TW may not see anything is wrong. Sure, you have a lot of passionate veterans of the franchise posting their displeasure at aspects of the game here, but that's overshadowed by the number of new fans having a great time with what they've got. Just look at the Steam reviews.

Give the game time, at least let it get out of EA.
Reviews for this game have been trending down and no one reviews a game they dont play - players of this game nosedived when they found the depth of this game after 1-2 days.
Just wondering, I count several posts about lack of immersion, about how boring it is, about how there's nothing to do and about there is little next to none features that make the world feel dynamic and immersive, yet not a single dev has answered in them, while other posts with other issues have been mostly adressed. This is a problem too, this is actually the biggest problem this game has, why is that no one in TW will adress this? Why cant they promise an actual change for the future? Why can they give us at least a little hint that things will improve. This is EA, we've payed to basically fund this game and keep it going, is this all we're going to get? With the lack of answer on this matter I believe it is. I love TW, I love the games they've made but this feels like its going nowhere and we will have to rely on modders. Like several other members of this game, I dont want the changes to come now, but I want to be able to look into the future and feel at least a little minimum hope that this will change.

Oh, and I know they've addeed quests but quests like the ones they've handed us are too repetitive, too boring and honestly uninteresting, so if they really think they're going to fix this issue by handing us quest and a main storyline they're very, very, very, extremely wrong. We need mechanics that make this world feel truly dynamic.
Dont hold your breath. TW seem to think they are performing admirably as reported by their devout fans. Even many of the mods here cannot believe how TW has handled this EA and responses from devs are rare as rocking horse **** and when they do post they stand by 'its EA, you wrote us a blank check, if you dont like it leave'.

Unfortunately the fanguard consistently troll constructive input and devs do not seem to read any of it, judging by their patches.

Lastly one dev (find your own references) stating this game will be developed as a 'combat game' only, which to me reads like they have given up trying to add depth or build on any lessons learnt from previous titles.

Ill pass on the advice I got from a long time MB franchise player, "put this game on the shelf, forget about it, wait x years (x= 1 to 5), come back and see if its worth picking up'. Apparently longtime fans are used to disappointment.

Must be nice for TW to have fans which will write them blank development checks.

Reviews for this game have been trending down and no one reviews a game they dont play - players of this game nosedived when they found the depth of this game after 1-2 days.

Blank development cheques?

I've already got my monies worth out of the EA alone.

Even if you were to look at reviews over the last 30 days ie. the most recent reviews, Bannerlord still has a Mostly Positive outlook with a 78% positive rate. I don't see any nosediving, but nice try.

Back
Top Bottom