Complete lack of Immersion

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah I definitely get this vibe. I don't think anyone making the actual decisions on bannerlord really knows anything about game design.
Yeah true, I think a lot of the team just took decisions despite Armagan direction, I mean, Warband was his idea and it was so good, now lets add 50 more dudes making decisions they shouldnt and here its Bannerlord!

The reason the "Early Access" argument is such a meme is that Early Access doesn't actually mean anything. Companies slap that label on games that they are still charging full price for. All it does is make people expect the game to get better, but literally every game these days has months if not years of patches post release.

By using EA as an argument you're just doing the job of the PR team for them, i.e. to mislead people into expecting sweeping changes at some unspecified point in the future, and not to complain.
Smart cookie.

Yeah true, I think a lot of the team just took decisions despite Armagan direction, I mean, Warband was his idea and it was so good, now lets add 50 more dudes making decisions they shouldnt and here its Bannerlord!

Warband had a lot of the same issues though, I don't think most people here remember how horribly unbalanced and poorly designed vanilla is. Even though it's a bit more cohesive, that has more to do with it having a smaller scope, and being an all around janky game that was clearly only made by a handful of people.

A lot of the really stupid stuff in Bannerlord does seem to have been his idea. It has the same design style as Warband where most of the mechanics are either unfinished, half baked or don't link up to each other.

I stopped waiting for M&B2 last year (but never stopped complaining :xf-wink:), hype was gone after Gamescom and i started modding more and more Warband, no i feel better. I see many people giving really good suggestions: they would become great modders, i know not everybody have time for it! This is probably one of the best way to pass time while "waiting" for something better.

Last edited:
I don't understand the point in comparing a mod conversion with a base game, apples to oranges...
that a mod created by a dude in his house has more features than a game released by a now wealthy company with a lot of people working for them. I understand making a game from the ground is difficult and it takes time, but after 8 years that phase should be way finished, when the **** are the actually interesting features coming. Bannerlord sells itself as a place where you can be whoever you want, but it neither feels like a place (lack of characters and interesting world building) nor it feels like you can be whoever you want (be mercenary, lord, king and yeah nothing else)

They should have payed attention to kenshi, that is a place with opportunities and stories

that a mod created by a dude in his house has more features than a game released by a now wealthy company with a lot of people working for them. I understand making a game from the ground is difficult and it takes time, but after 8 years that phase should be way finished, when the **** are the actually interesting features coming. Bannerlord sells itself as a place where you can be whoever you want, but it neither feels like a place (lack of characters and interesting world building) nor it feels like you can be whoever you want (be mercenary, lord, king and yeah nothing else)

They should have payed attention to kenshi, that is a place with opportunities and stories
I get that you want rp opportunities but what I'm saying is comparing a mod specifically designed to give you rp gameplay with a M&B game is kind of silly. It seems like TW doesn't want to do this kind of thing. They seem content with making a base game and letting modders put in what they want. I wish the game had more but I seriously think either this is out of their league or they just didn't want to put this much stuff in, either way we get what we get and hope the modding scene is good.

I get that you want rp opportunities but what I'm saying is comparing a mod specifically designed to give you rp gameplay with a M&B game is kind of silly. It seems like TW doesn't want to do this kind of thing. They seem content with making a base game and letting modders put in what they want. I wish the game had more but I seriously think either this is out of their league or they just didn't want to put this much stuff in, either way we get what we get and hope the modding scene is good.
Bruh if this empty place is all they can give us then this game is definetly not worth 50 dollars, also let me remind you that Warband had way, way more RP elements so yeah that was an actual M&B experience, even Viking conquest actually expanded on that M&B experience, in fact this isn't even an experience this is just an arcade game of fight and conquer. If this wasn't a problem there wouldnt be so much threads about this issue, if they want to make a game for modders to make, then they're straight up stealing from the people and straight up stealing modders to make a game out of their 50$ half baked crap. I really don't know how can you defend this lmao. They're not even letting modders do their thing yet so yeah I dont know where that fits in your narrative.

Bruh if this empty place is all they can give us then this game is definetly not worth 50 dollars, also let me remind you that Warband had way, way more RP elements so yeah that was an actual M&B experience, even Viking conquest actually expanded on that M&B experience, in fact this isn't even an experience this is just an arcade game of fight and conquer. If this wasn't a problem there wouldnt be so much threads about this issue, if they want to make a game for modders to make, then they're straight up stealing from the people and straight up stealing modders to make a game out of their 50$ half baked crap. I really don't know how can you defend this lmao. They're not even letting modders do their thing yet so yeah I dont know where that fits in your narrative.
Umm Warband was pretty much an empty shell it was the mods that made it a great game and TW didn't make Viking conquest. It was developed by Brytenwalda TW only published it.

I hear what your saying but still no comparison between an innovative base game - and by that i mean the Mount and Blade platform -and the guys who make awesome modifications of said awesome game. I was on the first POP (Prophecy of Pendor) mod team and as awesome as SaxonDragon was (is?) its still no match for the first game i found in Mount and Blade as far as pure innovation of mechanic.. Thats why you see so many mods -but so little modders actually developing an actual game that even matches Mount and Blade 1. Actual game making of an innovative sort is very very difficult. Props to Kenshi -not my kinda game but thats definitely a piece of art gameplay wise.

Umm Warband was pretty much an empty shell it was the mods that made it a great game and TW didn't make Viking conquest. It was developed by Brytenwalda TW only published it.
I finished several campaigns in Warband and even if it was en "empty shell" it actually had substance to hold itself on it's own compared to Bannerlord. I talked about Viking Conquest because another developers expanded that experience and Bannerlord could pretty easily do that too. Again, how do you justify charging 50$ to play just an engine modders can use to make their games, it's completely unethical and its straight up a scam
I hear what your saying but still no comparison between an innovative base game - and by that i mean the Mount and Blade platform -and the guys who make awesome modifications of said awesome game. I was on the first POP (Prophecy of Pendor) mod team and as awesome as SaxonDragon was (is?) its still no match for the first game i found in Mount and Blade as far as pure innovation of mechanic.. Thats why you see so many mods -but so little modders actually developing an actual game that even matches Mount and Blade 1. Actual game making of an innovative sort is very very difficult. Props to Kenshi -not my kinda game but thats definitely a piece of art gameplay wise.
But how do you justify that a company releases a game and relies on its mods to be good? Skyrim has a huge modding community we all enjoy but even if it's not my favorite ES it's still complete and imaginative. Man this is a game that had to rely on modders it's a game that must hold itself on this own, if they cant deliver a true experience then they clearly lack imagination or they are too lazy to do an actual game dude. It's kinda outrageous at this point to see they dont want to address this problem

But how do you justify that a company releases a game and relies on its mods to be good? Skyrim has a huge modding community we all enjoy but even if it's not my favorite ES it's still complete and imaginative. Man this is a game that had to rely on modders it's a game that must hold itself on this own, if they cant deliver a true experience then they clearly lack imagination or they are too lazy to do an actual game dude. It's kinda outrageous at this point to see they dont want to address this problem

Well i cant and wouldnt justify that as if thats the final verdict - would be a sad state of affairs. I guess i just havent lost total faith yet as i truly believe the game is going to get much better. Dont get me wrong though -as with Arma and Ready or Not Forums -ive lost total faith and am known as a pure hater there. I truly believe theyve abandoned their fanbase with root mechanical problems. Here im still safely in the Fanboy column -Binary is good.

I finished several campaigns in Warband and even if it was en "empty shell" it actually had substance to hold itself on it's own compared to Bannerlord. I talked about Viking Conquest because another developers expanded that experience and Bannerlord could pretty easily do that too. Again, how do you justify charging 50$ to play just an engine modders can use to make their games, it's completely unethical and its straight up a scam

Dude I'm not justifying anything that TW does. I'm just saying they have a history of not putting a lot of rp opportunities nor complexities into their games.

Dude I'm not justifying anything that TW does. I'm just saying they have a history of not putting a lot of rp opportunities nor complexities into their games.
Well I'm saying they could have taken ideas from its modders, from other games, from its own DLCs (they published it, but its still part of their series) and from the incredible amount of sugestions in their own feedback/suggestion forum (which it feels like its painted at this point). They could do that improve their game. What is exactly preventing them from doing this? Laziness? Lack of imagination? Their own vision of a game which has been already criticized as hell and modded because of its lackluster experience? Again, they have a million ideas they can draw from anywhere they want yet they're in a denial phase for some reason, just like in MP. At this point it feels like they dont care about it. I tried to be hopeful about this game so much but at this point it feels pointless to give feedback, to leave suggestions and criticize at all

Well I'm saying they could have taken ideas from its modders, from other games, from its own DLCs (they published it, but its still part of their series) and from the incredible amount of sugestions in their own feedback/suggestion forum (which it feels like its painted at this point). They could do that improve their game. What is exactly preventing them from doing this? Laziness? Lack of imagination? Their own vision of a game which has been already criticized as hell and modded because of its lackluster experience? Again, they have a million ideas they can draw from anywhere they want yet they're in a denial phase for some reason, just like in MP. At this point it feels like they dont care about it. I tried to be hopeful about this game so much but at this point it feels pointless to give feedback, to leave suggestions and criticize at all
Just because you or anyone else wants it doesn't mean that TW wants to put it in there, just sayin'. But they have shown a willingness to listen to the community sometimes. Who knows maybe they will. No one would be happier than me if they put more RP aspects into the game. :xf-smile:

Back
Top Bottom