From a Technical/Coding Standpoint, How Hard Is It To Give TDM Fixed Spawns?

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a bit **** trying to get used to my new PC in TDM and spawning in the middle of 6 savages with 2 handeds. Just give me friendly fire, and a more pronounced spawning system and I would have a bit more fun, and so would the casuals. Oh and remove the ****ing gold system, let people spawn as they like.

Oh and remove the ****ing gold system, let people spawn as they like.

I disagree with this. This is just heavy cavalry spam city then. Every player will be a cataphract (or faction alternative) forever. If you spawn as an infantry prepared to be lanced in the back by 5 people every spawn. Hell it's already not far off this already.

Maybe a custom server with this off. i know there was DM servers like this on warband. Frankly I hated them; everybody riding round on chargers with full plate, great lances and great swords.... but each to their own.

IDGAF what other people are doing, but I hate when I can't spawn as the class I find most fun because I died 5 times in a row as I spawned in and lost all my gold I worked hard to build up. Maybe fixed spawns would deal with that anyways.

Honestly I find it weird that you cant buy the best class when you are 65-6 on tdm because you died 3 times in a row without many kills.

Well, until we see a map editor the answer is... who knows? In warband it was pretty easy.
The best type of spawns are separate rotating spawns. Because if one team is better than the other they will only spawnkill in the fixed spawn.
Exemple of this happening in GK_TDM: Fort of Honor, Sandibush, Dreiksdorf. Those maps always ended up in spawnkill if one team was superior.
Exemple of Good maps with separate rotating spawns: Port Assault, Ruins and Field by the River.

There's so much to fix... spawning is definitely on the list. Something like this (Choosing Spawn Location -by Piconi), we'd have a field day eventually. But first is the whole combat system (imo).

#150theturningpointpatch
While the whole combat system needs to be fixed, but not first. Spawn location seems like an easier and more impactful fix. Take care of that and I'm sure I could get double the rounds in before I rage quit.

The best type of spawns are separate rotating spawns. Because if one team is better than the other they will only spawnkill in the fixed spawn.
Exemple of this happening in GK_TDM: Fort of Honor, Sandibush, Dreiksdorf. Those maps always ended up in spawnkill if one team was superior.
Exemple of Good maps with separate rotating spawns: Port Assault, Ruins and Field by the River.
Funny how the good examples are actually made by TW, clearly they can do it. We just have to wait I guess ?‍♂️

While the whole combat system needs to be fixed, but not first. Spawn location seems like an easier and more impactful fix. Take care of that and I'm sure I could get double the rounds in before I rage quit.
QPZ89uN.gif

I guess everyone has their preferences, but really bro?

I would rather before have a 100% combat system where the response is fast and there is no delay or randomness parameter than to designate a spawn point. Both should be up and running 100% by now? no one doubts that.

The combat system is the core of M&B's soul, and many seem to have forgotten about.

Port Assault is a prime example of a bad rotating spawn map. The team spawning on the ship would just get destroyed while knowledgeable players on the other team would spam their team chat telling players not to push onto the ship because spawns would flip. The other two maps were so large and spread out that it never really felt like you were spawning with your team anyways. The true best spawn type is protected fixed spawns. It doesn't even need to be unreachable for the enemy team, just far enough away and advantageous for defenders that enemies can't survive in them for long.

Port Assault is a prime example of a bad rotating spawn map. The team spawning on the ship would just get destroyed while knowledgeable players on the other team would spam their team chat telling players not to push onto the ship because spawns would flip. The other two maps were so large and spread out that it never really felt like you were spawning with your team anyways. The true best spawn type is protected fixed spawns. It doesn't even need to be unreachable for the enemy team, just far enough away and advantageous for defenders that enemies can't survive in them for long.
New Port Assault (the one on GK) didn't have this problem, but it was removed because it was easy to crash the server on this map.

Spawn points shouldn't be an issue with a well designed map. Also the team would have to be really bad to not be able to take back their own spawn when it takes 3 secs to spawn and it takes 30 secs for the enemy to reach the spawn

Spawn points shouldn't be an issue with a well designed map. Also the team would have to be really bad to not be able to take back their own spawn when it takes 3 secs to spawn and it takes 30 secs for the enemy to reach the spawn
I could see it being a bigger issue if clans are team stacking or if there's few players on a server. Ideally we wouldn't have to worry about the latter too much so soon after release but here we are.

this is false, if the developer was smart they would make the spawn area inaccessible to the other team and give the spawn area ample space and view points to shoot with archers and gather a team up before heading out. the current system and rotations in general are bad.

A good way would also be to make it like Battlefront II (2005) and have multiple spawns that you can chose.

This shouldn’t even be that much of a stretch to implement considering we have a similar system for spawning troops before the battle in singleplayer and in sieges.

Actually an awesome idea.

Back
Top Bottom