I simply don't want to play the game and that's sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

RoboSenshi

Grandmaster Knight
Holy **** the game is boring. I started playing Bannerlord way late cause I didn't have a computer but I was reading forum posts and took them as an overreaction. I genuinely thought people were just whining and when I was finally able to play I was very exited. First of all the base game is unplayable without mods. A few hours into the game I was so frustrated by the lack of options and content, I DLed maybe 15 mods. And these weren't mind blowing huge mods. They fixed simple ****. **** the devs really should be fixing. Seemingly essential features that modders create in their bedrooms aren't in the base game. That's ridiculous. I could go on about how the game runs like crap, the game design is retard and Muliplayer...*sigh*. But the main indictment of this game is that it's ****ing boring! Oh my god that really hit me. It's tedious, the quests aren't amazing, wars have no strategy, battles end in seconds, sieges that are supposed to be this huge climatic event are broken and short. I don't even play them anymore. Character progression is annoying and some perks make no sense. Clan controls are none existent and the whole influence currency is as arbitrary and gamey as I thought it would be when they first announced it. Upgrading your fief is soulless. In fact having a fief at all means next to nothing. It adds nothing to my experience. I just feel the game is lacking soul if that makes any sense. There isn't anything to do.

Look I know this is an early access and blah blah blah but have some ****ing pride TW. Warband is maybe one of the best indie games ever made. Certainly the best I've ever played. You can defiantly do better than this. Modders shouldn't have to fix simple things that should be in the base game. How can you give the player the ability to create clan parties and then not give the player the option to control those parties. It makes no sense guys come on! The first time I played I did maybe 21 hours before I had enough. I booted the game up today and I couldn't play much cause I simply didn't want to play. A game I've waited desperately for, for damn near 8 years now. It made me sad to think about.

There are some design decisions that screw the game up that are too late to fix. For example, the decision to scrap the system where castles were an upgrade to villages and villages had four plots to upgrage and build things. Whatever you built would show up on the map etc. That was a great dynamic feature that adds cool new ways to play and instead it was scrapped in favor of just copying and pasting warbands system with a new coat of paint. Such wasted potential. That's what the game is at the moment. Lots of opportunities to be great but never grasping it. There's good game in there somewhere and I hope TW finds it in the end. But right now, I only see our incredible modding community as the saviors of this franchise.

TL;DR: My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

I have not played in three months. I come back to the forums every once in a while to see what's new... you can guess the satisfaction of those visits.

Waiting for modding tools before i start a new singleplayer playthrough. Just gonna enjoy lord of the rings / game of thrones mods when they finally come out. There seems to be a lot of stuff missing from the core singleplayer experience that I don't think the devs see eye to eye with us on, so I see little hope in getting every feature we want in the game without these modding tools.

I haven't played the game since May 18th. There doesn't seem to be depth in the game, yet. I like it when the game revolves about our characters. I am only going to be interested when the modding tools are out and see some good major mods coming out. :grin:

Well, I am seriously considering to change my name to "the100kJavelinPooper". Other then that - yeah, its soulless, yeah there is nothing to do.

PS what if you're just too old to enjoy Mount&Blade after waiting all this time?

the decision to scrap the system where castles were an upgrade to villages and villages had four plots to upgrage and build things.
I know. That was the main thing people wanted and they just let it go because it "caused problems". What doesn't cause problems?
Talking to a lord who has too many fiefs freezes the game.
Having a baby when to much is happening at once crashes the game.
Making peace with lord try to attack you gets you stuck in a loop.
Crafting weapons probably bloats something in the .sav and causes lag and crashes
There's color changing weird cube in the middle of the village map in some quests.... okay that one doens't crash the game....
But almost everything you can do in the game has problems and can cause problems in the game!
WE WANTED CUSTOM FIEFS AND CASTLES!

You know I feel the same way as you practically do. I will tell you my experience is somewhat bittersweet. Sweet because I have been able to contribute (pleasantly and gladly) to the development of Bannerlord in its artistic variant (thanks Ali) and I also thank the studio for providing me with a copy of Bannerlord for free; i must say. I also saw with very good eyes the initial discounts as an approach to the customer; a very nice gesture in this pandemic days.

However, there is the bitter part of the matter. I can assure you that I have "lost" more time in providing feedback than in playing the game; belive me. And truly because of that I have mixed feelings.

Like many, I've also been surprised by how "empty" in content (heavy weight mechanics) the game is nowadays; both in SP and MP (yes, Bannerlord is a complex game; but still...bruh >8 years...despite the little I've played it, I would have played less if there wasn't support for mods (we have to thank them for that, honestly) MP, since the beta period that I don't play due the actual severe flaws in combat system. There are many decisions that Taleworlds has made, which I disagree with; however... I am no longer talking about faith or trust, but about letting them build their way and see what they have to offer (whether to use the feedback or not).

Having said that, let us not sentence them yet because in my opinion this would not be a fair position. It will only be within the community to make use of the right to decide to walk with Taleworlds along that path or to disassociate themselves from it.

ziMTn.jpg

we'll always have the "after" cigarette

It is quite brutally simply. The game isn't finished. Now you can make of that what you will - it's been ages, what have they been doing all this time etc etc... but Bannerlord is very much an EA game. That title is not a lie. As always I suggest the following. Delete it, forgot about it, when the big release date advert pops up on steam boot it up again and see you feel about it then.

I had a similar experience with rimworld - it was pretty bare bones when I first played it. So I left it, forgot about it and now its permanent addition on my favourites list.

You know I feel the same way as you practically do. I will tell you my experience is somewhat bittersweet. Sweet because I have been able to contribute (pleasantly and gladly) to the development of Bannerlord in its artistic variant (thanks Ali) and I also thank the studio for providing me with a copy of Bannerlord for free; i must say. I also saw with very good eyes the initial discounts as an approach to the customer; a very nice gesture in this pandemic days.

However, there is the bitter part of the matter. I can assure you that I have "lost" more time in providing feedback than in playing the game; belive me. And truly because of that I have mixed feelings.

Like many, I've also been surprised by how "empty" in content (heavy weight mechanics) the game is nowadays; both in SP and MP (yes, Bannerlord is a complex game; but still...bruh >8 years...despite the little I've played it, I would have played less if there wasn't support for mods (we have to thank them for that, honestly) MP, since the beta period that I don't play due the actual severe flaws in combat system. There are many decisions that Taleworlds has made, which I disagree with; however... I am no longer talking about faith or trust, but about letting them build their way and see what they have to offer (whether to use the feedback or not).

Having said that, let us not sentence them yet because in my opinion this would not be a fair position. It will only be within the community to make use of the right to decide to walk with Taleworlds along that path or to disassociate themselves from it.

ziMTn.jpg

we'll always have the "after" cigarette
I completely understand how you feel brother. I'll walk with TW for now but I had to voice my frustration. You know I don't talk very often too lol. And I'm glad they actually listened to your brilliant visual suggestions cause frankly the ones they come up with looked like crap. And there in lies my worry. The community seems to know what's better for the game than the devs. On almost every front and It's a scary thing to think about.

I know. That was the main thing people wanted and they just let it go because it "caused problems". What doesn't cause problems?
Talking to a lord who has too many fiefs freezes the game.
Having a baby when to much is happening at once crashes the game.
Making peace with lord try to attack you gets you stuck in a loop.
Crafting weapons probably bloats something in the .sav and causes lag and crashes
There's color changing weird cube in the middle of the village map in some quests.... okay that one doens't crash the game....
But almost everything you can do in the game has problems and can cause problems in the game!
WE WANTED CUSTOM FIEFS AND CASTLES!
Exaclty! And now you mention it, How come we can't pay blacksmiths to craft weapons anymore? Or is it in the game and I just don't know about it? Cause I've looked and I haven't been able to find it. I have no interest in crafting or crafting related activities. I just want to pay some dude to make me a perfect weapon. Why isn't that available.

Well, I am seriously considering to change my name to "the100kJavelinPooper". Other then that - yeah, its soulless, yeah there is nothing to do.

PS what if you're just too old to enjoy Mount&Blade after waiting all this time?
I thought about that actually but I'm only 28 and I still enjoy the hell out of Warband. I played Sayazn the other day and had a good time. Not to mention I still play a host of other games as well.

Waiting for modding tools before i start a new singleplayer playthrough. Just gonna enjoy lord of the rings / game of thrones mods when they finally come out. There seems to be a lot of stuff missing from the core singleplayer experience that I don't think the devs see eye to eye with us on, so I see little hope in getting every feature we want in the game without these modding tools.
Undoubtedly modding will save this franchise. Thank god for our wonderful community.

It is quite brutally simply. The game isn't finished. Now you can make of that what you will - it's been ages, what have they been doing all this time etc etc... but Bannerlord is very much an EA game. That title is not a lie. As always I suggest the following. Delete it, forgot about it, when the big release date advert pops up on steam boot it up again and see you feel about it then.

I had a similar experience with rimworld - it was pretty bare bones when I first played it. So I left it, forgot about it and now its permanent addition on my favourites list.
That's a fair assessment. I'm sure my deep disappointment is fueled by years of speculation, delay and over hype.

Undoubtedly modding will save this franchise. Thank god for our wonderful community.
Depends on how in-depth the modding tools are, which I'm doubtful will ever come out.
That's a fair assessment. I'm sure my deep disappointment is fueled by years of speculation, delay and over hype.
Not necessarily. I wasn't significantly hyped for Bannerlord and am still disappointed by its current state. Doesn't matter how you look at it – that a game 10 years in development is lacking mechanics with no indication of return from its predecessor in 2010 made by a much smaller team with fewer resources is disappointing.

I got 232 hours clocked in at the moment, which is the playtime of like 6x$50 games, and this game is still in EA.

I want the finished product bad. It's going to be so exciting, especially having invested so much time in practice beforehand. I guess having a desire for the finished product is something we have in common. Except I actually want it, which means giving positive, rational support to TW and letting them know how much potential this game has.

People like OP want the finished product but it manifests in pure hostility, which actually sabotages the finished product, assuming TW reads those types of messages constantly.

Therefore since your actions impact the finished product, which affects my experience with the game, why don't you stop whining and increase your difficulty settings if you're bored? Or go play another game and wait for some updates? Use your creativity instead of lashing out. It's an EA game.

Agree on the sentiment but the modders thing aint really true. Theres alot of great mods out there but many of the ones i deem essential crash the game for all kinds of reasons on the Tick - they arent held responsible for making sure pulling a string on one end doesnt untie a knot on the other

I agree the game is incomplete and needs a lot of work. but it's not done. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending TW at all. I was expecting more from them, but I've decided to temper my expectations till we get closer to full release. I don't think the game is ever going to be what anyone wants, at least without mods, and I seriously doubt it'll be done as quickly as anyone wants. But if we get a framework for mods and especially mod overhauls I'll be happy. It seems to me that TW seems to lack in the technical expertise to do all the things people want. I don't say that to be an ass it's just having witnessed development over the last 4 months has shown me. I hope I'm wrong, and Bannerlord it's touted as a great game, but I suspect without modding it'll average at best.

Yeah, I mean if it's still in the same state with no new features next spring I'll be upset. But finishing the game isn't going to happen overnight like some people seem to expect so I can give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

There are so many weird design choices in this game that I sincerely doubt we'll see much improvement.

Just look at CK2 and how they dealt with feudal mechanics. Would a king need "influence" to gather armies and enact policies/laws effectively? Sure, but not in the form of some arbitrary currency. He'd have to support or outmaneuver his vassals in various ways in order to succeed, buy a favor, sell a favor, assassinate and so on. That's a more genuine depiction of what influence means in a feudal setting.

I don't feel influential in Bannerlord, just bored.

There are so many weird design choices in this game that I sincerely doubt we'll see much improvement.

Just look at CK2 and how they dealt with feudal mechanics. Would a king need "influence" to gather armies and enact policies/laws effectively? Sure, but not in the form of some arbitrary currency. He'd have to support or outmaneuver his vassals in various ways in order to succeed, buy a favor, sell a favor, assassinate and so on. That's a more genuine depiction of what influence means in a feudal setting.

I don't feel influential in Bannerlord, just bored.
Tbf this is Warband with a shiny coat of paint. There is really nothing substantially different between the two besides maybe the perk system, and let's be frank that's just a mess.

A lot of veterans chiming in with similar views.
agreed seems like most of the people new to mount and blade who never played warband seem to be the ones that love it but a lot of the vets are have either mixed feelings including me or just hate it completely. Its not a bad game sure but for me it feels like a downgrade compared to warband in some areas such as world building and general immersion, when i saw the map for the first time i was amazed at how big it was but then i realized its just full of copy and pasted towns (this is something that is supposed to be sorted during EA) and a couple of hideouts here and there, i was hoping there would be some hidden caves that are not hideouts and have some loot in them or ruins but no.

Back
Top Bottom