New Kingdoms, Reborn Kingdoms

Users who are viewing this thread

One thing that was awesome to me about bannerlord is that you get to play a dynasty, essentially promising that the game will continue on forever.

However, as we have seen, usually a game will be locked into a state of one or two superpowers controlling the map, taking away agency from the player and making the game not really fun to play (time to restart!)

I was wondering if its possible that in the future we will see new kingdoms being formed, rebellions from current kingdoms that become too large, or conquered clans attempting to re-unite the clans and re-take their homeland. Some kind of mechanic that will take a chaotic world and try to move it back into balance, similarly to how in real life culture groups will try to gain independence if at all possible.

I think that the "snowballing" issue will be pretty much always be there, even if its slowly improved, expecting snowballing not to happen throughout multiple of your children's lives is a big ask for a simulation with as many parameters as this one.

So, I guess this is a question for the devs and players please give me your thoughts too. Is there anything planned that will be a dynamic solution to snowballing such as this? Newly formed kingdoms from the ashes of old ones, rebellions against large kingdoms, etc.?

(For reference, the Separatism mod attempted to do this, seemed fairly successful)

One thing that was awesome to me about bannerlord is that you get to play a dynasty, essentially promising that the game will continue on forever.

However, as we have seen, usually a game will be locked into a state of one or two superpowers controlling the map, taking away agency from the player and making the game not really fun to play (time to restart!)

I was wondering if its possible that in the future we will see new kingdoms being formed, rebellions from current kingdoms that become too large, or conquered clans attempting to re-unite the clans and re-take their homeland. Some kind of mechanic that will take a chaotic world and try to move it back into balance, similarly to how in real life culture groups will try to gain independence if at all possible.

I think that the "snowballing" issue will be pretty much always be there, even if its slowly improved, expecting snowballing not to happen throughout multiple of your children's lives is a big ask for a simulation with as many parameters as this one.

So, I guess this is a question for the devs and players please give me your thoughts too. Is there anything planned that will be a dynamic solution to snowballing such as this? Newly formed kingdoms from the ashes of old ones, rebellions against large kingdoms, etc.?

(For reference, the Separatism mod attempted to do this, seemed fairly successful)
They have mentioned rebellions previously; this is a feature they are looking to implement. So in the future yes something like this would be great. i absolutely agree I'd love to be able to play through a whole dynasty of my characters, watching empries wax&wane in power. Right now 1-2 powers effectively 'win'. So something to think about for the future.

It would absolutely be great, and I think something like this is in the works. According to the leaked disabled code from some time back, we will at least have civil wars (thats why in the mods which mess with the factions nobles have "who is backing X in the civil war" description). Nonetheless, something like the Separatism mod already would be a MUST for Bannerlord

They have mentioned rebellions previously; this is a feature they are looking to implement.

Hey Axios,

I was thinking about this again today, do you happen to know what dev blog they mentioned this in? I believe you that they plan to implement, since I noticed today there is a town upgrade that reduces the amount of militia in a rebellion, I am just curious how far they plan to go with rebellions.

Hey Axios,

I was thinking about this again today, do you happen to know what dev blog they mentioned this in? I believe you that they plan to implement, since I noticed today there is a town upgrade that reduces the amount of militia in a rebellion, I am just curious how far they plan to go with rebellions.
No sure about dev blogs but its on the steam page.

"Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”

Ah, I see. I hope it includes wide scale rebellions and not just low loyalty towns creating rebel armies. I guess there is always mods though :smile: thanks

Ah, I see. I hope it includes wide scale rebellions and not just low loyalty towns creating rebel armies. I guess there is always mods though :smile: thanks
I imagine it will be clan based. So a clan that has low loyalty - instead of defecting to another kingdom could rebel; making a 'rebel' kingdom for the duration of the war where they try to seize power.

Hopefully this could end in a 'white peace' where the rebels retain their lands and become an independent kingdom. Emerging kingdoms would do wonders for this games longevity.

"Official"
VeneratedFinishedHake-size_restricted.gif

R_yaV.png

When in doubt, there is a mod for that. Hopefully seperatism mod gets updated. Also like that extended calradia which adds like 28 towns and even more castles and villages to power up the weaker nations to make them last longer. Always be a merc to help the weakest nation until you decide to conquer it all for yourself!

Rebelion system is probably the most needed feature currently. It will improve the game much more than any other feature. Especially if doing correctly and if It helps with snowballing.

What if he started as a rebel clan leader? Just like us (the player's character)
King Harlaus is a king in Warband, i.e. two centuries later. He can't rebel against himself. :LOL:
Maybe after we defeat him, he should lead rebels and fight back. I miss Warband. TW should use Bannerlord's game engine to make a DLC reforging it.

King Harlaus is a king in Warband, i.e. two centuries later. He can't rebel against himself. :LOL:
Maybe after we defeat him, he should lead rebels and fight back. I miss Warband. TW should use Bannerlord's game engine to make a DLC reforging it.
Well technically Harlaus did oust the rightful Queen Lady Isolla... so he did wage a rebellion of sorts.

Thinking of timelines; the Rise of the Kingdom of Rhodoks and the split of Vlandia could happen within the time-frame of Bannerlord. Graveth is only the latest king of the Rhodoks; so it happened somewhere between the two game starts. That could make for an interesting event...

Similar thing with the Nord Invasion; but I think that is almost a given for DLC. Also I guess the Khergits, Veagirs and the Sassanids.... Would be amazing if we could see all the Warband nations rise as part of Bannerlord.

Last edited:
Well technically Harlaus did oust the rightful Queen Lady Isolla... so he did wage a rebellion of sorts.

Thinking of timelines; the Rise of the Kingdom of Rhodoks and the split of Vlandia could happen within the time-frame of Bannerlord. Graveth is only the latest king of the Rhodoks; so it happened somewhere between the two game starts. That could make for an interesting event...

Similar thing with the Nord Invasion; but I think that is almost a given for DLC. Also I guess the Khergits, Veagirs and the Sassanids.... Would be amazing if we could see all the Warband nations rise as part of Bannerlord.
Yes. Couldn't agree more.

Agree with that too!

Maybe it could be hard coded that after 150 in game years, Harlaus is born from a Vlandian Clan?

Back
Top Bottom