Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm glad to hear about these changes. Fixes for combat have been long-awaited and more stability and improvements to siege mode are awesome to hear about. Also, the clan system will bring good changes and I look forward to having control of which faction I play as (never have to play as Khuzaits again :smile: )

HOWEVER, I want to make one thing clear. Solely working on the competitive modes will NOT create new "clans" and grow the community in the way you guys are hoping. I lead one of the largest North American Bannerlord clans, and I've found the 6v6 modes extremely limiting. It is really hard to grow past a hundred members or so because you have to start turning players away due to not having enough space on our skirmish teams. The only time we can all play together is during the Sunday Night Siege event that I host, but even then we get split up between the teams because the maximum party size in matchmaking is 6. What makes mount & blade clans special is that they facilitate large scale competitive play on modes that support large amounts of players, and is why I made a clan for Bannerlord rather than a game like CS:GO or Overwatch.

I understand that the development of larger modes and the eventual release of custom servers that are necessary for this to be possible will take time, but I have two suggestions that could possibly be implemented to help make it easier for larger groups of players to play together with the coming changes in mind:

1) Utilize the clan system to prioritize placing clan members on the same team during matchmaking.
This would work for large modes like a siege and would ensure clan members were placed on the same team. This way, larger groups aren't split up and are able to play together. I think you would see a spike in activity for siege mode if something like this was implemented as clans will be able to ensure they can play together for their players and able to work together to have coordinated operations on the battlefield.

2) Create a "large scale" skirmish mode on the captain mode maps. This could also be a way to test a battle mode and essentially will be the same systems as captain mode except without bots. As these maps are fairly large, I think a lot of players could be supported here (probably 50v50 at first but ideally support for 100v100 will be added like in warband) and with the new clan system being proposed, some early forms of shield battle events may be possible. Just some food for thought.
Interesting suggestions, were you in one of our meetings last week?

I'm glad to hear about these changes. Fixes for combat have been long-awaited and more stability and improvements to siege mode are awesome to hear about. Also, the clan system will bring good changes and I look forward to having control of which faction I play as (never have to play as Khuzaits again :smile: )

HOWEVER, I want to make one thing clear. Solely working on the competitive modes will NOT create new "clans" and grow the community in the way you guys are hoping. I lead one of the largest North American Bannerlord clans, and I've found the 6v6 modes extremely limiting. It is really hard to grow past a hundred members or so because you have to start turning players away due to not having enough space on our skirmish teams. The only time we can all play together is during the Sunday Night Siege event that I host, but even then we get split up between the teams because the maximum party size in matchmaking is 6. What makes mount & blade clans special is that they facilitate large scale competitive play on modes that support large amounts of players, and is why I made a clan for Bannerlord rather than a game like CS:GO or Overwatch.

I understand that the development of larger modes and the eventual release of custom servers that are necessary for this to be possible will take time, but I have two suggestions that could possibly be implemented to help make it easier for larger groups of players to play together with the coming changes in mind:

1) Utilize the clan system to prioritize placing clan members on the same team during matchmaking.
This would work for large modes like a siege and would ensure clan members were placed on the same team. This way, larger groups aren't split up and are able to play together. I think you would see a spike in activity for siege mode if something like this was implemented as clans will be able to ensure they can play together for their players and able to work together to have coordinated operations on the battlefield.

2) Create a "large scale" skirmish mode on the captain mode maps. This could also be a way to test a battle mode and essentially will be the same systems as captain mode except without bots. As these maps are fairly large, I think a lot of players could be supported here (probably 50v50 at first but ideally support for 100v100 will be added like in warband) and with the new clan system being proposed, some early forms of shield battle events may be possible. Just some food for thought.

+1 to all these suggestions!

Glad to hear the update from the devs.

With that said, any updates on 1) Battle, and 2) map editor?

I think you would make a lot of people very happy by providing discussion on these two points.

Thanks.

These are all great changes! Looking forward to them all.

I have a question about the clan system and the implementation of the spectator mode. I am not a member of any clans, I am a neutral admin whos job it is to make sure clans have a fair and healthy competition during events. Will us admins be able to join these clan matches in an observer slot, despite not being a member of any official clan groups? @azakhi

That would be awesome.

For your information, I rarely work on MM.

These are all great changes! Looking forward to them all.

I have a question about the clan system and the implementation of the spectator mode. I am not a member of any clans, I am a neutral admin whos job it is to make sure clans have a fair and healthy competition during events. Will us admins be able to join these clan matches in an observer slot, despite not being a member of any official clan groups? @azakhi

The point of spectator mode is to allow someone watch the game closely as it happens. That person can be a tournament admin or someone that is streaming it for community or maybe even a random person. So there won't be a clan limitation as far as I know. Also, I believe the plan for later is the increase number of such spectators.

The point of spectator mode is to allow someone watch the game closely as it happens. That person can be a tournament admin or someone that is streaming it for community or maybe even a random person. So there won't be a clan limitation as far as I know. Also, I believe the plan for later is the increase number of such spectators.

This is wonderful news! I'm very much looking forward to trying these new changes out. Thank you TaleWorlds for your hard work.

A basic version of the Spectator Mode is being worked on at the moment which will allow for competitive events to broadcasted as soon as possible. There is also a more robust Spectator Mode planned for the future. Finally, Ranked Matchmaking and New Game Modes are other features that are currently in the development pipeline.
Stay tuned!
Got a few questions
In a "future" specator mode will you be able to swap players from spec to in-game during the match?
What does it really mean "chosing a faction in a clan-tab", you choose a faction that you will always play skirmishes and clanwars or what?
Do you expect to release that patch in a following 2 weeks?

What does it really mean "chosing a faction in a clan-tab", you choose a faction that you will always play skirmishes and clanwars or what?

I don't believe that it limits you to this faction in every game you play, rather its just a visual representation. You will be able to select any faction in every clan match lobby before the match starts as far as I am aware.

I don't believe that it limits you to this faction in every game you play, rather its just a visual representation. You will be able to select any faction in every clan match lobby before the match starts as far as I am aware.
If so, will be there a system to ban factions? jesus ****ing christ do something with aserai faction im having mental breakdown while playing against it competitively

If so, will be there a system to ban factions? jesus ****ing christ do something with aserai faction im having mental breakdown while playing against it competitively
Clan system will allow both sides to choose their faction. This wont apply to average players in matchmaking though

For your information, I rarely work on MM.

So a question on spectator mode. For other games like Dota 2, Csgo, Smite, Rainbow six siege, League. Really anything with a spectator there are tools to help people watch for example, I will use Dota 2. Dota 2, While you watch you can view Net Worth https://gyazo.com/8740fd2d8657b73bfaf54bec9cd56cc4, or change that stat chart to something else https://gyazo.com/6915db6d88b13a112e5e8bb09c620ff1. Will there be anything like this for spectator in Bannerlord. Obviously from what it appears spectator is early in progress so I doubt this would be in but would you guys implement this? As a Man who likes doing analytics/stats this would be pretty cool to have ngl.

Is chamber-blocking as a concept something that Taleworlds is still interested in making a meaningful part of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?

Last edited:
Is chamber-blocking as a concept something that Taleworlds is still interested in making a meaningful part of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?
Good point, I read your thread on chambering a while ago. I have mentioned it before as well but I hope chambering is something that is looked at for Bannerlord.

This all sounds great! As always, I will say that private servers are the key to the growth of the MP community, but this looks like it's heading in the right direction as a bandaid for the time being.

I worry though, that the amount of servers (specifically siege) will not be enough to hold all of those who will be coming back to try out the new patch.

Back
Top Bottom