Jesus Christ, fix your AI

Users who are viewing this thread

TW is as simplistic as BL in that there are a lot of exploits that can be used. Once you know what buildings you need in TW, your cities soon become money or food making machines. No real thought is required after that. I agree CK is leagues away from the others in decisions required.

I can't speak to their actual thoughts, but TaleWorlds' designed BL in such a way you can never get to a point where actually fighting out battles becomes trivial -- bordering on pointless -- as in a lot of Total War titles. By time I was endgame in Napoleon or Attila, I wouldn't even bother fighting on the tac map because I'd have doomstacks on rotation (one turn smashing, two turns recovering) and nothing the AI could do would stop me. I'd do similar in Warband: about ten days to train up a load of Swadian Knights, tell my vassals (who were all honorable lords and my friends) to follow me on an adventure, autoresolve the siege and then pull a bunch of recruits out to train into Swadian Knights to repeat the process.

As of yet, I haven't figured out a way of making this happen in Bannerlord.

Yeah while that sort of detail sounds amazing -that in of itself sounds like a nightmare as a game for my tastes. Dont get me wrong, i like and appreciate deep plot and character lines but i like it in the backround -in which i could choose to engage or not and still have fun on my battlefields

If you think about you have Bannerlord on one end of the spectrum with CK2 on the other with Total war sitting in the middle. Bannerlord has real time battles -and they are VERY hard to calibrate. But it severely lacks in the diplomacy/kingdom department. CK2 (sounds like) is on the other extreme, chalk full of diplomacy and intrigue, yet a brief glance at its battle screen shows me where all their resources went (hint: wasnt there).

The funny thing is that one of the most common complaints about CK2 is that there isn't anything meaningful to do in peacetime, so players stay at war just to not be bored. That and the AI doing stupid **** with its armies, to the point where Paradox gave up and embraced huge doomstacks for most of their mid- or late-game challenges.

d do similar in Warband: about ten days to train up a load of Swadian Knights, tell my vassals (who were all honorable lords and my friends) to follow me on an adventure, autoresolve the siege
Ahah that's how you ended your games at only level 21!
I go in with 3 stacks of arrow and sharpshoots and kill all those garrisons that way and end up 41.

Ahah that's how you ended your games at only level 21!
I go in with 3 stacks of arrow and sharpshoots and kill all those garrisons that way and end up 41.

Yeah, I hated Warband's late-game siege grind. Obviously, there were mods out there that changed things and in one of them I legitimately hit level 42, but mods can do whatever. For the native game, I didn't go much past level 24.

Back
Top Bottom