My ideas for this game....

Users who are viewing this thread

markp27

Sergeant
This is not going to be a great big list of demands :grin: More like a few of ideas that I would like to see implemented to give more depth to the game.

The Tournaments feel empty at the moment, from lack of depth. I have seen that @mylittletantan has created a mod adding more participants to the tournaments, and a point system, however I would like to see even more depth. 1 point for a kill, and 1 point for whomever did the most damage to that opponent seems a good way of progressing. I would also like to see stamina added to the arena, so that those wearing heavier armour slow down as the fight progresses.

I would also like an option to arrange marriages for my companions. As this game is supposed to progress into a dynasty style game, having kids of your companions, to accompany your children would make the game a lot more interesting. It also makes sense for you to have the option marry one of your companions, when you are starting out you are a nobody, so noble mans kids would look at you twice.

The one other thing that I find annoying, other than engineers not working properly, but none of them seem to have any skill in blacksmithing, Even the worst engineer would have some degree of blacksmithing skill. It would be nearly impossible to design anything, without some knowledge of what is possible to be built and what is not.

Ok that's me done :wink:

It´s nothing that wasn´t mentioned already. I just don´t believe that anything new will be added to this game.

Your ideas are good (especially the marrige idea).

Marriage thing is nice - would be cooler if companions weren't randomly generated too so there would be more of a connection to them. (I find the nickname a bit tedious, would prefer a simple surname - maybe more like medieval surnames but less obvious how they do it now. Instead of Name the THING - have for example John Smith (skilled in the art of smithing)).

The Tournaments feel empty
No horse no enter. Every single one I look at had no horse prize.

As this game is supposed to progress into a dynasty style game
We'll be lucky if it progresses into a "they can walk up the ladder" style game.

Even the worst engineer would have some degree of blacksmithing skill.
Everyone in my Chaikand sweatshop has Blacksmithing skill! Everyone but my MC anyways, no level bloat on the boss (until later)! Hurry up those "crafted 2 handed swords" aren't going to crafted themselves. Harpoon head didn't unlock this time, so it actually feel kinda legit to smith.

I kid but yeah all good ideas. I hope soon we get better set up companions too. I like them being random but it's very rare to find one that can actually continue to level in it's specialized skills.

The Tournaments feel empty at the moment, from lack of depth. I have seen that @mylittletantan has created a mod adding more participants to the tournaments, and a point system, however I would like to see even more depth. 1 point for a kill, and 1 point for whomever did the most damage to that opponent seems a good way of progressing. I would also like to see stamina added to the arena, so that those wearing heavier armour slow down as the fight progresses.
Keeping track of who did the most damage is doable but would likely be a bit annoying to implement correctly, might look into in the future. A stamina system would be interesting but it shouldn't be limited to arena and sounds like a balancing nightmare. Anyway, updated the mod and added some awards based on performance during a match. If it still feels lacking feel free to suggest improvements.

Marriage thing is nice - would be cooler if companions weren't randomly generated too so there would be more of a connection to them. (I find the nickname a bit tedious, would prefer a simple surname - maybe more like medieval surnames but less obvious how they do it now. Instead of Name the THING - have for example John Smith (skilled in the art of smithing)).

Yeah the nicknames are dreadful. Horse robber, cow thief etc...... are the worst.

Keeping track of who did the most damage is doable but would likely be a bit annoying to implement correctly, might look into in the future. A stamina system would be interesting but it shouldn't be limited to arena and sounds like a balancing nightmare. Anyway, updated the mod and added some awards based on performance during a match. If it still feels lacking feel free to suggest improvements.
Thanks and I will do. One thing I think the developers could add is a quest called A Lady's Favour, in which you could enter a tournament in her name. This would boost relationship with her and her clan.

As to the name suggestions, I agree on that point, the names at the moment are bland and offer no real feel for the character.

I kind of hope there could be another sort of tournament, a grand tournament that only lords and stat bloated 'champions' could participate. This could happen much less frequently but grant some unique gear as rewards.

Back
Top Bottom