Had i known development was going to be this slow for the single-player experience, i wouldn't have bought Bannerlord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Just waiting for modding tools at this stage, so the community can make the game what it deserved to be.

Because that´s the only hope we have left.

Normal games be like: Deliver a good basic game and mods just improve it
Bannerlord is llike: Not even the basic stuff works and we need mods to fix it and make it playable

I dont understand why people who hate the game are still here. I enjoy it and I'm am only here once or twice a week because I got bored and dont want to start a new playthrough until things get a little further along.

I don´t hate it, I´m just very dissapointed with the game and don´t see any real improvement. But I´m also not a fanboy. But I´m a Warband fanboy, it´s just the better game. Of course the graphics sucks today but the gameplay is still better, and that´s very sad!

Bannerlord would be better if they just copied Warband 1:1 with their new engine. Then they still could rely on modders to improve it, now they need modders to fix it.

And it´s totally fine if you can enjoy Bannerlord. I´m not saying everyone needs to "hate" the game or whatever. But I should be allowed to say that I think it´s a bad game in this state and that I don´t have much hope for the future (without modding tools).

Last edited:
I dont understand why people who hate the game are still here. I enjoy it and I'm am only here once or twice a week because I got bored and dont want to start a new playthrough until things get a little further along.
Because we want the game better. Criticizing is a very important utility of the forum, even in an ironic way.
By contrast, licking the company's boots is meaningless and funny. Sales and profits tell if the game is awesome. The company do not need to be flattered. They do not deserve it as well.

hqdefault.jpg

Let´s see what guys like you say in 1 year. I guess still the same :grin: .

They didn´t even complete the new perks in 5 months, they don´t even have completed half of the perk trees. It´s like 1 perk tree each two months, but for sure this game will be "complete" in next 7 months (around a year after EA launch, as they said.) For me around a year is something like 6-18 months. :wink:

hqdefault.jpg

Let´s see what guys like you say in 1 year. I guess still the same :grin: .

They didn´t even complete the new perks in 5 months, they don´t even have completed half of the perk trees. It´s like 1 perk tree each two months, but for sure this game will be "complete" in next 7 months (around a year after EA launch) :wink:

I'll say the same I say to everyone now - Unless you were a warband fan, do not buy 'til full release. It's not worth the AAA price in this state. Early access has been so far, as they warned us, mainly for testing and giving feedback.

I'll say the same I say to everyone now - Unless you were a warband fan, do not buy 'til full release.
The EA description tricked me and I wasn´t able to notice that like 80% of the game didn´t work or were just placeholders within my 2 hours refund time frame when it was released.

If you read their EA description you think this game is closed to be finished and just need some polish and bug fixing.

I´m talking about stuff like this in their description:

Singleplayer Features: Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management.

When it was released only like 5-10% of the perks/skills were working and we are still far away from "some" are not working...

While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

“In terms of content, the early access version of the game contains all of the main staples of the Mount & Blade experience,

Just three examples.

If they would´ve been honest and have said something like:

"Most of the features are just placeholders, there aren´t any kingdom management features and a lot of bugs and stuff that isn´t working at the EA release. The AI is not working right now as it should. Also a lot of the stuff we´ve shown you in our dev blogs or gamescon videos aren´t in the game and never will be in the game.",

I wouldn´t have bought it. But their marketing is better than their development skills :sad:

Last edited:
I don´t hate it, I´m just very dissapointed with the game and don´t see any real improvement. But I´m also not a fanboy. But I´m a Warband fanboy, it´s just the better game. Of course the graphics sucks today but the gameplay is still better, and that´s very sad!

Bannerlord would be better if they just copied Warband 1:1 with their new engine. Then they still could rely on modders to improve it, now they need modders to fix it.
Nostalgia is a disease. Try and play a native play through of Warband, you'll quickly realise it's really not how you remember it. Bannerlord maybe majorly lacking in features and identity, but to say WB's gameplay is better is just wrong.

I'll say the same I say to everyone now - Unless you were a warband fan, do not buy 'til full release. It's not worth the AAA price in this state. Early access has been so far, as they warned us, mainly for testing and giving feedback.
You're terribly wrong. Criticizing (or whining whatever you called) is a right, whether people bought the game or not. If you don't like this kind of thread, just ignore it. Without criticism, the situation would be worse, TW would think them good enough, and the game would be developed in some strange way.

I'm starting to agree with the OP :sad: I don't want to but I'm starting to lose faith when MP is getting an update video, and logging into MP shows a few dozen players... I really wish things would have turned out differently but TW simply don't have SP prioritized.

Nostalgia is a disease. Try and play a native play through of Warband, you'll quickly realise it's really not how you remember it. Bannerlord maybe majorly lacking in features and identity, but to say WB's gameplay is better is just wrong.

I won´t compare a 49€ 2020 game to a 15€ (not sure, but something between 10-20€) game from 2012.

I played Warband without mods for like 250-300+ hours before I used mods and I never thought that vanilla isn´t playable or fun. Sure it has it´s issues, but is damn freaking 8 years older and was way cheaper.

Most companies are able to improve their second/third/whatever title of a series compared to the predecessor. Even if they release a game of the series all 2-4 years...because they take the good stuff and improve it and get rid of the bad stuff. Of course they also add new content/features most of the times but stay true to the original.

Just look at the Witcher series:

Witcher 1 was good, Witcher 2 was great, Witcher 3 was even better.

Release dates:

No full price EA bull**** also. And CD Project is now one of the most respected company by gamers. They started also as a real indie game company and are still indepentend but of course not small company anymore because of their deserved success.

TW also started as a very small indie company, but they aren´t small anymore and they sold a lot of Bannerlord EA copies and still aren´t able to improve the game in a meaningful way, instead we got this refactor...

"This is a generic game developement backstory"

Last edited:
You're terribly wrong. Criticizing (or whining whatever you called) is a right, whether people bought the game or not. If you don't like this kind of thread, just ignore it. Without criticism, the situation would be worse, TW would think them good enough, and the game would be developed in some strange way.

Didn't say anything about criticism. Feel free to whine and rant, at least they allow it in their own forum, but it's completely useless and helps nobody (Well, I guess it warns others not to buy, so it's something). Actual constructive criticism on the game is always good.

I'm starting to agree with the OP :sad: I don't want to but I'm starting to lose faith when MP is getting an update video, and logging into MP shows a few dozen players... I really wish things would have turned out differently but TW simply don't have SP prioritized.

They're completely different dev teams, SP and MP. And from what I've followed so far, I'd say MP's team is considerably smaller, but that's just speculation.

Didn't say anything about criticism. Feel free to whine and rant, at least they allow it in their own forum, but it's completely useless and helps nobody (Well, I guess it warns others not to buy, so it's something). Actual constructive criticism on the game is always good.

You do, because anyone not loving the game is whining and ranting for you :smile: . Just go open a thread and praise TW for the good work they did and let us speak about the lacklusting stuff?

They're completely different dev teams, SP and MP. And from what I've followed so far, I'd say MP's team is considerably smaller, but that's just speculation.

Completely different? So the animations and models are done twice? I understand how software development works. I've done it for years. This idea that more time and resources put into MP does not take away from SP is simply untrue. They can put more effort into SP and move resources to work on SP tasks. Clearly, their focus is on MP.

Completely different? So the animations and models are done twice? I understand how software development works. I've done it for years. This idea that more time and resources put into MP does not take away from SP is simply untrue. They can put more effort into SP and move resources to work on SP tasks. Clearly, their focus is on MP.

Weird how anyone on the MP board would say it goes the other way around, just looking at the patch notes even, but suit yourself.

Bannerlord would be better if they just copied Warband 1:1 with their new engine.
If that would have been their base and they added new features (particularly the one everyone wanted, that they dropped) I would be pretty darn happy with it.
I play bannerlord every day and I'm not gonna stop, but I have to agree that having a warband HD as starting point would have been a good move.

Clearly, their focus is on MP.

I already explained to you in the Beta Branch Server thread, the reason the player base is small is the same reason people have dropped single player; the game is incomplete, they’ve come, seen what it’s about, played it till their bored and may or may not come back when it’s finished.

If MP is their main focus they have a funny way of showing it.

They added just one, literally only one new castle scene to the game since the launch. Can you imagine how long will it take to create seperate scenes for all settlements in the game? It will take none because they won't complete it, take my word for that.

Back
Top Bottom