Finance in the game

Users who are viewing this thread

teinage

Recruit
Hallo all

my current situation is that I started the game and had a group of 36 low to mid tier units. They were costing me about 300 a turn so I decided to make some money by doing tournaments, beating up looters, beating up gangs and such. Eventually, after a long grind, i managed to buy a workshop.
Now I bought a tannery in Pravend (which has 2 hogs villages). I read somewhere it would take a while for it to start producing so I waited a week. After a long time the production would not rise above 15 a day (most of the time way lower or 0).

So, out of frustration, I decided to cheese the game ( as some sites suggested). Got a buch of gold from cheating and bought ALL the tanneries in the game and changed their production. (this was HORRIBLE to do but I wanted to see if it worked). So now, technically I should have the monopoly on light armor. As I am writing this, my workshop is making 24 today....
I also bought 2 caravans with proper troops and 2 proper leaders with high tradeskill. Their reported income as of writing this thread: 0 BOTH OF THEM

I do not have a fief ( I pledged to the Vlandians and they are at no war...). How the hell does having 2 caravans and 1 workshop (monopoly) not sustain 26 men ( 10 died - the wages are ; 255denars...)

What can I do to make this work ?

They don't. You should be ransoming enemy lords for money.

I will generally solo trade until I have about 20k and get my renown up by soloing looters (it's not hard). After that I'll try to train up some troops so I have about 50 and chase after lords with small parties to capture.

Workshops well placed should give you 100-200 daily. Some decent places to buy Workshops:

- Olive Press in Jaculan.
- Brewery in Pravend.
- Smithy in Marunarh or Seanon (not as good as before after last hotfix).

There are better places for sure but for the moment I just know these ones.

I was gonna ask, what the hell did they changed in recent patches to the workshops that they are drastically (i would say) down on income?...

Well, workshops were pretty OP and they have been balanced. Now we are supposed to get 100-150 daily from them but sometimes we get less or more income. It is about trying to figure out good places to buy workshops and expect getting 150 average.

Well, workshops were pretty OP and they have been balanced. Now we are supposed to get 100-150 daily from them but sometimes we get less or more income. It is about trying to figure out good places to buy workshops and expect getting 150 average.
Aha.... okey, thanks then... jesus, now in order to make some cash of workshops you REALLY have to think

Just check attached villages, plus check how much raw materials the town owns and prices (if towns owns a lot, cost will be always pretty low).

Then you can also check how much the final product costs, as higher, better for workshop income.

thanks for the tips people. I will have a look, though having the tannery monopoly I would have thought it would have worked.
also I find it quite weird 2 caravans and 1 workshop cant even sustain 26 men, no matter the location of said shop.

Caravans are not giving me much to be honest. Sometimes they give 400-500 but most of the times I get 0 or 50-100 from each of them.

Back
Top Bottom