How feature complete do you think Bannerlord is?

How feature complete do you think Bannerlord is?

• Nearly 100% complete, TW is only fine tuning for balance

• Mostly complete in terms of features and mechanics, maybe a little bit more before release

• Somewhat complete, but definitely more to come

• Much more content is likely on the way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Remember these words. Gameplay immersion will stay the same no matter what future updates we have. They wont change basis of the game because its finished QQ

What i would like to see:
Complete Horse combat Rework and expansion. Included but not limited to Couching combat, Charging, Collision, weight and Physics very different than what they are now.
Ranged combat core mechanics reworked.
Whole Character development system reworked.
AI capabilities expanded 5-10 times more.
Complex and non Linear Sandbox quests dependable or many factors ...

I Understand that good games cost 200-500 Million Budget and 6-10 Years to be developed. On the other hand, DEVs had plent of time to make it much better. Maybe 20 Years latter we see something better with atleast RDR2 horse mechanics implemented...

Some of the content they have in the game now is ridiculously detailed - try counting how many types of tunics/armors you can pick up off the battlefield now, in all their torn/tattered/otherwise degraded conditions. Someone spent beaucoup time and effort to classify all that. In terms of the effect on the economy - it's not much. Item A gets you 31 gold; Item B gets you 32. Big whoop.

Or how about devising dozens of ax handles, which affect the striking power not at all for the weapon you make.

But still those (presumably) same designers can't figure out that ores are worth less than the metals that can be smelted from them. This is an easy "tell" that the mastermind of the economy isn't proficient. So is noting that a set of javelins will set you back as much as hundreds of thousands of gold, but a decent sword will come in under 10,000. Far too many goods bear silly prices in comparison to what else is available. a Cow might cost 300 and it is butchered into 2 Meat, value more like 100. And the Hog, costing 60 or so, makes the same 2 Meat. Huh?

Patch notes say they found minor lords' behavior was somehow affecting the economy inappropriately. Again, huh? Why not attack some low-hanging fruit like figuring out how much a Workshop or Caravan should make in relation to world prices? My Workshop, chosen to have raw materials supplied by the bound settlements, makes 42/day. Oboy. I can buy half a Gambeson with that! (If I needed to outfit my trooper individually, of course.)

You pay 100 to improve a trooper from Level 21 to 26, but that typically entails outfitting him with all-new armor and perhaps weapons. Is that in balance with 2 Meat? Even if you pretend you sold his old togs and weapon?

My point: I wish they had curbed the enthusiasm of the designers of clothing, weapons, etc., and spent the brainpower on figuring out how an economy should work. If they did, I wouldn't be supporting an army with what I glean from the battlefield plus the ridiculous prices I pull down for crafted weapons (Need money? Make 2-handed axes!!). As an aside, I must be doing a great job as a Smith, because every town's market is full of knock-offs of my crafted weapons.

Last edited:
Some of the content they have in the game now is ridiculously detailed - try counting how many types of tunics/armors you can pick up off the battlefield now, in all their torn/tattered/otherwise degraded conditions. Someone spent beaucoup time and effort to classify all that. In terms of the effect on the economy - it's not much. Item A gets you 31 gold; Item B gets you 32. Big whoop.

Or how about devising dozens of ax handles, which affect the striking power not at all for the weapon you make.

But still those (presumably) same designers can't figure out that ores are worth less than the metals that can be smelted from them. This is an easy "tell" that the mastermind of the economy isn't proficient.

I can't speak for every game developer out there, but TW definitely has separate teams for art and the campaign aspect. So the person in charge of art direction from concept drawings to implementation of art assets like axe handles is not the same person coding the dynamic economy.

Patch notes say they found minor lords' behavior was somehow affecting the economy inappropriately. Again, huh? Why not attack some low-hanging fruit like figuring out how much a Workshop or Caravan should make in relation to world prices?

He is:
Smithing mechanics are broken currently. Not others. If there are 10 income source in game and 1 is broken we should not increase all other 9 to balance. We should fix what is broken. I am not owner of smithing mechanics & codes so I cannot fix it. I am trying to make other 9 balanced.

Mostly, fix what is here, release the modding tools...go away. The more there is in the game the more modders have to jump through hoops to make the game actually great. Nothing like trying to add in magic only to find out there are 100+ "features" getting in the way and/or breaking that should not be in the way because of bad programming by developers. Also, they can add in nothing that modders cannot add in faster and in most cases better.

Back
Top Bottom