TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Latinos make up 25% of ICE and 50% of CBP agents. If the voters don't try to burn down the polling stations to "protest systemic racism", they have nothing to fear.

Doesn't seem like NY for example is overpoliced now that cashiers in grocery stores casually tell me things like "wow you're still here, I thought you would run after all the shootings lately".

... filled with equipment often found in the bedroom of an average teenager
... worked with teenage gamers who critiqued the system ...
“From teenagers up to pre-military guys, and guys who are after their service, we let each one play with the [Carmel simulation] ...

It’s not exactly like playing ‘Fortnite,’ but something like that, and amazingly they bring their skills to operational effectiveness in no time.

The screens contain much of the same info one would find when playing “Fortnite” or “Apex Legends,” including a map, a tally of ammo stores and a list of available weapons. It’s also displayed in a way one would expect to see while dropping into “Call of Duty Warzone,” with relevant information framing the crew’s view. Of course, here, the screen displays the reality outside — with live targets and real weapons.

The urban combat-focused vehicle has artificial intelligence that was trained mostly using the game “StarCraft II” and was integrated into the tank with the Unity game engine and VBS platform.

tl;dr

Doesn't seem like NY for example is overpoliced now that cashiers in grocery stores casually tell me things like "wow you're still here, I thought you would run after all the shootings lately".

Late to the party but that has little to do with policing and everything to do with being one step away from a third world hellhole.

I'll see your edge and raise you another - it's not all of America that has third-world-like qualities, only it's predominantly black parts. The process of moving those parts to the first world can't include only stick and no carrot, but there's has to be some stick. The massive (tens to hundreds %) rise of rates of crimes of opportunity like drive-bys or (armed) robberies in such a short time is obviously related to by DeBlasio et al ordering NYPD to abolish the plain clothes division and decrease presence of uniformed police in the streets.

Wow. See, I was having a conversation recently with an American who scoffed at my suggestion that their country was basically third-world, saying that they never had many issues, to which I responded that they had money and therefore were on the positive end of a two-tier system. I added that, if one had money, South Africa would probably seem like a pretty nice place to live, too. Little did I know that my comparison was apparently more accurate than I thought.

Wow. See, I was having a conversation recently with an American who scoffed at my suggestion that their country was basically third-world, saying that they never had many issues, to which I responded that they had money and therefore were on the positive end of a two-tier system. I added that, if one had money, South Africa would probably seem like a pretty nice place to live, too. Little did I know that my comparison was apparently more accurate than I thought.

That seems pretty spot on to me :smile:

Seethe all you want, but

there's more Canadians who choose to live America than Americans who choose to live in Canada.

45 million people, representing 15% of American population and 20% of the world's migrant population, choose to live in America.

Seethe all you want, but

there's more Canadians who choose to live America than Americans who choose to live in Canada.

45 million people, representing 15% of American population and 20% of the world's migrant population, choose to live in America.

The first one is due to a melange of the incredibly lenient tax laws, generally low property values and Florida inexplicably being a retirement destination, meaning that Canadians with money will choose to live, for varying periods of time, in America. A bonus is that dual citizens can usually still take advantage of our health care.

The second one is due largely to the startlingly persistent perception of America as the "land of opportunity" abroad, coupled with the market penetration of American culture. These notions are generally pretty quickly disabused on arrival.

It's pretty awful.

Barring people who moved to other continents, I am pretty sure that all Canadians live in (North) America :smile:

The first one is due to a melange of the incredibly lenient tax laws, generally low property values and Florida inexplicably being a retirement destination, meaning that Canadians with money will choose to live, for varying periods of time, in America. A bonus is that dual citizens can usually still take advantage of our health care.

The second one is due largely to the startlingly persistent perception of America as the "land of opportunity" abroad, coupled with the market penetration of American culture. These notions are generally pretty quickly disabused on arrival.

It's pretty awful.

There's also the non neglectable fact that most of Canada is fricking cold.

Most people born in Canada don't usually have much of a problem with that, from my experience. I'm hardly the norm but I personally hate the weather in Florida/Southern California, etc., I like my temperate climate and chilly winters just fine.

Well yes I suppose that if you were born and raised there it won't faze you. I just heard horror stories about hair freezing over if you walk outside in the winter without using the hair dryer and I was like uuuuh ok I think I would have to pass on that :lol:.

Well yes I suppose that if you were born and raised there it won't faze you. I just heard horror stories about hair freezing over if you walk outside in the winter without using the hair dryer and I was like uuuuh ok I think I would have to pass on that :lol:.

That happens if the temperature goes below freezing regardless, hardly horrific.

I have lived in Utah for a year
Ahhh yes Utah the land of the Mormons, but for real those little mormon towns I drove though were probably some of the nicist country towns/ I have ever seen in the US, good sized brick houses and very clean and nice people(I was driving though the Rocky Mountains in Southernish Utah). Other rural parts in the US, one I lived in and others I just drove though are usally trailer trash who live there whole lives in a trailer with there mother, and there too poor to move out. Farming in the US ain't what it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom