Thoughts on Multiplayer Patch video?

Users who are viewing this thread

Today taleworlds uploaded a video detailing what will be added in the multiplayer patch.

For me, I'm most looking forward to being able to choose the factions in skirmish/captain mode, and I'm hoping the clan server system will also include modes like Siege and TDM.

I was wondering what your thoughts are on what's coming?

Good things to differentiate pubs from tryhards etc. Great changes in UI and utility but nothing matters when the combat is unfun and the classes exist. in my opinion anyway

This, also i hoped for a more fleshed out sigil editor / banner editor.

I do not really mind the banner editor personally, but I can understand people who do because they want personalisation and customization. Unfortunately for me that was going to get addressed with clothing/armor customization but both lack a lot. I also dislike how we cannot change weight/build on the bodytype of our character.

I also dislike how we cannot change weight/build on the bodytype of our character.
I've never done this myself, but I've seen several players change their body types in Singleplayer and port their character over to multiplayer. It works and the effects will be seen by everyone in game.

I have questions.
1) First come first serve for clan names? Can only one clan be named, say... Southern Empire? Same with tags? No need for tags in steam names anymore?
2) Can we create a server and use it for testing/training?
3) Can we search for a random clanmatch aswell? As in, is there a random button for maps and factions, or a way to pick your prefered faction and/or map and still get random opponents?
4) How much control over those servers do we have? Can we swap sides between sets? Do we need 6 players on both teams for the game to start? Can we force start it with a command? Will it automatically end after a team reaches 3 points? Admin tools?

Lord have mercy on C on Echerion, pushing into that is gonna hurt like hell.
Looks like a great update!

got to say i am excited. i could be wrong but it sounds like in the coming week we get to join the beta branch and try something like custom servers. current matchmaking makes my head hurt

This, also i hoped for a more fleshed out sigil editor / banner editor.
Yeh.... the banner editor is really lacking. I remember (god it's so far into the forums I wouldn't know where to start to look for it) when @Terco_Viejo designed a proper fully fleshed out banner system - much closer to a warband design too with two key colours for each faction. If the man himself could share such beauty, would be great.

I have questions.
1) First come first serve for clan names? Can only one clan be named, say... Southern Empire? Same with tags? No need for tags in steam names anymore?
2) Can we create a server and use it for testing/training?
3) Can we search for a random clanmatch aswell? As in, is there a random button for maps and factions, or a way to pick your prefered faction and/or map and still get random opponents?
4) How much control over those servers do we have? Can we swap sides between sets? Do we need 6 players on both teams for the game to start? Can we force start it with a command? Will it automatically end after a team reaches 3 points? Admin tools?

Lord have mercy on C on Echerion, pushing into that is gonna hurt like hell.
Looks like a great update!

1) I'm hoping clan reservation has to do with clan groups on the forum.

2) 99.99% sure that's a no.

4) I'd imagine it works exactly the same as standard queueing, only this time it doesn't put you into a game with random maps and factions, just with the ones you chose. You'll probably just be sitting in spectator waiting for a team to join.

I have questions.
I too share a concern about this one. I doubt they are, but if clan names are first come first serve my worry is a troll would just steal the names of some of the prominent clans in the community. However, they said you needed to have a full stack of 6 in order to form a clan in the first place so I guess there is some protection for this.

im curious what the minimum amount of people allowed to start your own game will be. would be great to be able to start with 4 or fewer if this patch doesn't jump start mp so im not waiting more than an hour to get into a game

It was a good video but I wish they had delved into the combat changes a bit more. I know they cannot because of speculation, but I just really wish there was more meat to the video. It would be really good to get an idea of what the devs think about the combat system and how they feel about it (as well as the changes). But otherwise it is great that they're broadcasting it to a wide audience that they're working on combat parameters.

It was a good video but I wish they had delved into the combat changes a bit more. I know they cannot because of speculation, but I just really wish there was more meat to the video. It would be really good to get an idea of what the devs think about the combat system and how they feel about it (as well as the changes). But otherwise it is great that they're broadcasting it to a wide audience that they're working on combat parameters.
If they just said the words "Block delay is gone" it would have made the video 10x better

If they just said the words "Block delay is gone" it would have made the video 10x better
I agree that would be better, maybe they could said something like:

"We have heard your concerns about the state of combat and have significantly reduced block delay/removed it..." etc.

I know they do not want speculation but I'm dying to know a bit more about the state of the changes. They probably still don't have a formalized change list which might be why they won't commit to saying if certain mechanics have been changed or removed.

Back
Top Bottom