almost no income from workshops and caravans

Users who are viewing this thread

im not sure about this info , but i remembered a dev saying that the trading skill from the companions does not actualy change the profit , mybe im wrong but on my save one of the companions was a spicevendor and the other one is just a random , and both never gave me a single coin, im at day 432 at my 1.4.3 campain m but mybe my campain is just ****ed then
I do know that a Khurzait companion makes your caravan go faster at least it did in 1.4.2 and I doubt it changed in 1.4.3

It really feels like with each update we just change to something else in the economy that is broken just to make enough money to get through. It kind of sucks though because I really liked the fact that we could all do different things to make money in the game but with every fix it seems we are going straight to a "do this to make money because nothing else works."

I bought a winery workshop in a city that had a grape village.
There was like 300 grapes for pretty cheap, I think 13 each or something?

That workshop gave me like 50 denar per day.
This was on the latest stable patch (not beta, which I am now playing).

I then added a second one, plus i was a mercenary for Battania. Sometimes I still lost money with an "army" of 48 soldiers, with average tier being 2-3.
While certainly not game breaking, it is a pain in the ass.

It really feels like with each update we just change to something else in the economy that is broken just to make enough money to get through. It kind of sucks though because I really liked the fact that we could all do different things to make money in the game but with every fix it seems we are going straight to a "do this to make money because nothing else works."

Yep, be nice if they could clean up these mistakes. Coding is tough business though, not easy.

It is puzzling how quick they are to nerf so many ways to make money but the biggest exploit to the economy (smithing) that has been know about for months, they haven't done anything about it. I think TW has too many balls in the air at this point and they just don't have the time, expertise or both to get the economy running properly. They constantly tinker and bandaid fix stuff because they can't seem to get a grip on what is really going on.

It is puzzling how quick they are to nerf so many ways to make money but the biggest exploit to the economy (smithing) that has been know about for months, they haven't done anything about it. I think TW has too many balls in the air at this point and they just don't have the time, expertise or both to get the economy running properly. They constantly tinker and bandaid fix stuff because they can't seem to get a grip on what is really going on.

LOL, I know right. Where's the smithy programmer? Javelinlord ruins the whole game.

Yeah I think caravans and workshops could use a buff. 300 gold per caravan and avg 80 gold per workshop (maxed I've gotten is 200 per workshop and that was me adding raw materials to settlement) isn't enough to cover max tier infantry. I've got a game going with 220 mostly tier 4-5 and one garrison running a 1.5k cost. 3 caravan and 5 workshops still has me losing 2k per day.

That's also including 3 castles (One castle is prosperity of 2 so idk if it counts LMAO)

If buffing workshops and caravans are out of the question maybe add other forms of passive income? Or decrease wages for higher tier troops? (Already have leadership perk that decreases tier 4+ wages if it works.)

Edit: Just got a town that is 6.3k prosperity. Gives 2k in taxes so I'm close to breaking even now (garrison is about 800 gold). I think most of this update's Economy problem is down to hearths in settlements. Very few get above 350. Most are sitting at 200. They're also growing very slowly...

Last edited:
After playing for awhile, 1.4.3 is certainly harder to trade on than 1.4.2. I noticed my horse buying operations are about 20% less lucrative than before.

Yeah I think caravans and workshops could use a buff. 300 gold per caravan and avg 80 gold per workshop (maxed I've gotten is 200 per workshop and that was me adding raw materials to settlement) isn't enough to cover max tier infantry. I've got a game going with 220 mostly tier 4-5 and one garrison running a 1.5k cost. 3 caravan and 5 workshops still has me losing 2k per day.

That's also including 3 castles (One castle is prosperity of 2 so idk if it counts LMAO)

If buffing workshops and caravans are out of the question maybe add other forms of passive income? Or decrease wages for higher tier troops? (Already have leadership perk that decreases tier 4+ wages if it works.)
yeah, kinda pointless that troops can level faster, when u cannot effort to upgrade them

yeah, kinda pointless that troops can level faster, when u cannot effort to upgrade them

Smash looters with archers and peasants while hiring new companions and creating new parties until you have a nice bank roll. You’ll be swimming in denars. You get to grind renown at the same time.

Rip trade

I think the biggest issue here is the fact that workshop and caravan incomes have been nerfed over time, with caps set in place, yet we still have a hard limit on the number of workshops and caravans.

Pick one! Either nerf the max number of workshops/caravans OR give them the low maximum income cap that we've been seeing.

Don't do both! It makes no sense! I would prefer a low individual shop income cap, but a much higher number of workshops that the player can own. As it is, workshops and caravans are a single small bandaid that we're trying use to stop the massive amount of money that we are hemorrhaging every day because of troop costs. If you increase the number of workshops/caravans that we can own, it would add a mechanic that is more in line with being a merchant simulation where you just keep having to invest in new shops and markets across the map. Plus it makes absolutely no sense that a powerful lord or even king/queen was only allowed to own 5 workshops.

Just abuse the smithing thing, TW will need about 2-3 months until they fix it :wink:

There is also other stuff than you can easily abuse, it´s harder to "fix" for TW than just changing a number in one line of code.

Their patch notes also look larger when they can claim that they have:

- balanced workshops
- balanced caravans
- balanced whatever

Instead of:

- fixed a real bug or major imbalance

The javelin abuse is now known for like 2-3 months? But of course it´s more important to lower the income from workshops from decent 1k denars to 100-400 denars than fixing selling a javelin for 100k+ denars :grin:

Fixing javelin abuse needs more work. But it´s a SP game, so doesn´t really matter at all. They´ll go on changing some not important numbers for the next months. Maybe lower settlement income taxes as a next step? Would be one line more for the next update notes :smile:

Last edited:
Just abuse the smithing thing, TW will need about 2-3 months until they fix it :wink:

There is also other stuff than you can easily abuse, it´s harder to "fix" for TW than just changing a number in one line of code.

Their patch notes also look larger when they can claim that they have:

- balanced workshops
- balanced caravans
- balanced whatever

Instead of:

- fixed a real bug or major imbalance

The javelin abuse is now known for like 2-3 months? But of course it´s more important to lower the income from workshops from decent 1k denars to 100-400 denars than fixing selling a javelin for 100k+ denars :grin:

Fixing javelin abuse needs more work. But it´s a SP game, so doesn´t really matter at all. They´ll go on changing some not important numbers for the next months. Maybe lower settlement income taxes as a next step? Would be one line more for the next update notes :smile:

Dude you are all over the forums. What does it gain you to post such negative things 24/7?

I am also seeing that it is really really hard to build cashflow. I am constantly hustling to try to make a buck because if I stop, I will go negative fast. I think I am currently running 2 workshops and 2 caravans and burning 1k+ per day. It's insane. It doesn't allow for any freedom to sandbox.

Oh, I definitely am. But that's because it's absolutely required to continue playing. The reason they haven't nerfed the smithing money is because of they did before building a functional real economy, the players would have no way of getting the initial money necessary to build an army that could succeed. Better to leave smithing the way it is for the time being and allow the exploit than feeding fuel to the fire of players complaining about the economy by taking it away.

Oh, I definitely am. But that's because it's absolutely required to continue playing. The reason they haven't nerfed the smithing money is because of they did before building a functional real economy, the players would have no way of getting the initial money necessary to build an army that could succeed. Better to leave smithing the way it is for the time being and allow the exploit than feeding fuel to the fire of players complaining about the economy by taking it away.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I actually enjoy smithing in most games but it feels almost like it's required now because there aren't any good options and that's what I hate about it.

The reason they haven't nerfed the smithing money is because of they did before building a functional real economy, the players would have no way of getting the initial money necessary to build an army that could succeed.

Fight bandits until your first 20 high-tier troops. Then go bully small lord parties and sell their loot.

Back
Top Bottom