Utterly Lost on the Influence System

Users who are viewing this thread

Adubizon

Recruit
Hello all,

I am writing this thread because, as you can see from the title, I am at my wits end with the influence system. None of it seems bugged; all of it seems confusing atm.

I understand the existence of policies, and the general mechanics behind abolishing them/adopting them. I understand that influence is the currency by which this is done.

After scanning other forum posts regarding influence, the vast majority of help that users offered had to do with donating prisoners to dungeons. Got it - would not have been an issue for me - except for the fact that as of this writing, that option has been nerfed into oblivion. I am NOT here to contend with that decision.

For the most part, I just don't know what my options currently are with regard to digging myself out of a negative 50 influence hole. Trial by Jury and Lawspeakers are steadily chipping away at my influence. Given their near universal support in my Kingdom, it seems entirely unlikely I would ever be able to see them abolished, even if I had the reservoir of influence to spend on swaying the Kingdom in that direction.

I am a low level vassal, with an army of around 90. It is not apparently obvious to me that any of my actions are having any effect on my influence.

If someone more knowledgeable could spell out the available paths to generate positive influence in the current iteration of the game, I would be more than appreciative.

Hello all,

I am writing this thread because, as you can see from the title, I am at my wits end with the influence system. None of it seems bugged; all of it seems confusing atm.

I understand the existence of policies, and the general mechanics behind abolishing them/adopting them. I understand that influence is the currency by which this is done.

After scanning other forum posts regarding influence, the vast majority of help that users offered had to do with donating prisoners to dungeons. Got it - would not have been an issue for me - except for the fact that as of this writing, that option has been nerfed into oblivion. I am NOT here to contend with that decision.

For the most part, I just don't know what my options currently are with regard to digging myself out of a negative 50 influence hole. Trial by Jury and Lawspeakers are steadily chipping away at my influence. Given their near universal support in my Kingdom, it seems entirely unlikely I would ever be able to see them abolished, even if I had the reservoir of influence to spend on swaying the Kingdom in that direction.

I am a low level vassal, with an army of around 90. It is not apparently obvious to me that any of my actions are having any effect on my influence.

If someone more knowledgeable could spell out the available paths to generate positive influence in the current iteration of the game, I would be more than appreciative.
Only chance you have is to fight your way out of the hole, you get influence for winning battles (more for the bigger/higher quality win). Its probably time to leave your kingdom behind due to their policies.

Seems like spamming battles is your best bet. Policies are pretty strong. Looks like you need to raise both your clan tier and charm level. Winning battles will grant you influence on the side and renown to increase your clan tier. Releasing nobles after battle will provide you Charm XP. With a party size of 90, you should have no problem continually swallowing enemy parties.

I haven't played the latest version, but on 1.4.2 raising your charm skill to ~100 changed the effect of the Lawspeakers edict from -1 to +1 influence daily. I don't think this has changed but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. As for Trial by Jury, I can't even remember what it does. (-1 influence daily for low tier clans? If so the solution is surely rather obvious).

Honestly, you don't need influence as a low tier vassal. Increase your clan rank so you get the tier bonuses, increase your charm and defend any holdings you are given. Once your clan is more developed you will get a reasonable amount of influence.

Thank you all of you guys for responding that is all extremely helpful input. May the force be with you butterlords

Hello all,

Donating troops to garrisons still works a treat.

But honestly the best bet for gaining lots of influence is adopting a slimmed down party (less than 20 in size) and chain farming one of the Bandit Central locations (NW of Galend, N of Baltakhand, E of Akkalat, SW of Onira, etc.) for loads of influence in 2-6 point increments.

Hello all,

Idk if someone suggested this already,

Battle your way out. If you want easy influence just stack up on high level archers and fight 100 vs 500 or so. Once the enemy gets close hit tab, mouse wheel, and retreat. Make sure no enemies are near you. Then attack again and repeat until finished.

Fund the operation with smithing. Can get 25-50 influence per battle. Can also win big sieges but you'll take more losses. GL and cheers

At the upper levels of the game if you own a town, build a 'Forum' in all towns but at the lower end you simply have to 'dig your way out' as mentioned before.
I also think it would be helpful to definitively know what actions drive your influence down <?>
Anyone?

At the upper levels of the game if you own a town, build a 'Forum' in all towns but at the lower end you simply have to 'dig your way out' as mentioned before.
I also think it would be helpful to definitively know what actions drive your influence down <?>
Anyone?

Losing a fief.
Raiding a neutral party or settlement.

The following kingdom policies generally:
Lawspeakers (with low charm)
Royal Guard (as non-ruling clan)
Noble Retinues (as tier 5 clan)
Marshals (as ruler clan)
Sacred Majesty (as non-ruling clan)
Trial by Jury

You can mouse over your influence number to get a breakdown of the daily gains and losses, but I'm unaware for anything that shows event driven losses beyond the topmost marquee that disappears after about a second.

Donating troops to garrisons still works a treat.

But honestly the best bet for gaining lots of influence is adopting a slimmed down party (less than 20 in size) and chain farming one of the Bandit Central locations (NW of Galend, N of Baltakhand, E of Akkalat, SW of Onira, etc.) for loads of influence in 2-6 point increments.

Another solid strategy, just wish I had a settlement to store the other 70 troops but I'll keep that one in the back pocket.

Losing a fief.
Raiding a neutral party or settlement.

The following kingdom policies generally:
Lawspeakers (with low charm)
Royal Guard (as non-ruling clan)
Noble Retinues (as tier 5 clan)
Marshals (as ruler clan)
Sacred Majesty (as non-ruling clan)
Trial by Jury

You can mouse over your influence number to get a breakdown of the daily gains and losses, but I'm unaware for anything that shows event driven losses beyond the topmost marquee that disappears after about a second.

I'm sure I speak for more than myself when I say thank you for the added context.

Idk if someone suggested this already,

Battle your way out. If you want easy influence just stack up on high level archers and fight 100 vs 500 or so. Once the enemy gets close hit tab, mouse wheel, and retreat. Make sure no enemies are near you. Then attack again and repeat until finished.

Fund the operation with smithing. Can get 25-50 influence per battle. Can also win big sieges but you'll take more losses. GL and cheers

Exactly the kind of no-BS theorycrafting I'd expect from the Lord of Banners thank you my good man

-50 is a big hole to dig yourself out of. Fighting your way out is an option. Even if your kingdom has the +20% influence for military achievement its still going to take some doing. You're literally slinking in quicksand and trying to dig yourself out at a faster rate. Also you can't rely on renown rich battles to always be there when you want them. If a Kingdom I was in voted for this policy before I had 100 charm I would have rolled back to the last saved game. If I joined a Kingdom to discover this policy was in place I'd do the same and look for an alternative kingdom to join.

I'd consider 2 options but these are for the more flexible minded.
Option 1 leave the Kingdom find one that has policies that don't hamstring you.
Option 2 use mod character import/export. Give your hero a boot to 100 charm and problem solved.
If you have a hang up about using a cheat to get out of this i think id rever to option 1

Back
Top Bottom