Where Have All the 'Wandering Stewards' Gone? [e1.4.3.236299 beta]

Users who are viewing this thread

LordOfAll

Recruit
In a new game I pay attention to gathering together a good cross section of companions.
I seem have no issues finding medical, engineer, scout, or rogue. However, it seems that companions that excel at stewardship are hard to find but yet there is a multitude of fighter-warriors.

I would like to see a better balance of companions good at stewardship and managing caravans vs. fighters.

Yeah, I'd love to know this too. I mean, the only time I got a few Steward guys and many Traders was while playing as an Aserai...is that the reason? Are culture and type of companions you find around connected?

I found quite a few good at stewardship in my new game, the problem I had was finding one with medical.

Companions seems to be quite random in single players. In one game, I found many healer type chars, but only one engineer. In another, there are engineers, but only a few healer. And in most games I miss companions that can act as party leaders. Stewards are mostly trader typ companions, and it's hard to decide if they are better used as caravan leaders or as stewards for fiefs. My first fief always goes to my spouse...

Companions are totally random and they need to balance that out a lot better. I don't have a single swift or spicevendor companion in my game and only 2 wainwrights and not a single engineer one...

Companions are totally random and they need to balance that out a lot better. I don't have a single swift or spicevendor companion in my game and only 2 wainwrights and not a single engineer one...
Wainwrights are enough as engineers. They do far more better than any character (engineering skill is trained extremly slow, I consider it not worth training. A char needs one melee weapon class, a ranged weapon class, riding, athletics and smithing, tactics and charm. Leadership later when able to lead armies. Everything else is either not worth training, of covered by companions)

In a new game I pay attention to gathering together a good cross section of companions.
I seem have no issues finding medical, engineer, scout, or rogue. However, it seems that companions that excel at stewardship are hard to find but yet there is a multitude of fighter-warriors.

I would like to see a better balance of companions good at stewardship and managing caravans vs. fighters.
Your brother should have good Stewart skill, giving about +40 pt size. Some waifus and husbandos have some, but I agree it's a scarcedy amoung wild wanderers.

Honestly the current companion system is a joke trying to do this without mods is too tedious to think about. The best caravan compaions are 'spicevendor' and 'the swift. They to my knowledge are the only vanilla companions with steward skill. Though I'd place higher value on basic tactics, scouting and horse riding (as well as fighting skills) for someone leading a caravan party.

Custom wanderers is a good mod for customising companions for the start of a new game. There is no guarantee though they will spawn for the start.

Companion respec allows redistribution of focus and stat points and a pretty essential mod imo.

If you use birthday and trait tweak mod along with character import/export though you can tailor any wanderer to your requirements. If you throw in the teleport mod you don't even have to walk half of calridia to find them .

Stewards are easy to find. Just find someone with high intelligence: scholar, engineer, surgeon.....Make them your quartermaster and start chucking skill points into steward.

As long as the player has high intelligence, the steward skill starts building rapidly when it gets a couple of skill points. By mid-game you'll have a great steward.

Back
Top Bottom