almost no income from workshops and caravans

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not smart enough to debate about how caravan system should work however:
I have a similar issue with the workshop. It's been running around two-three weeks and still no income. Haven't tested other types. it's a 1.4.3 fresh save. No mods.

Hi mexxico, I am currently at day 103 and income from 1 caravan and 2 workshops is too low (just getting 70 denars daily). Here is my save game (plus check how good snowballing is going after the hotfix :smile: ):

I have bought a smithy in Marunath and a Pottery Shop in Pen Cannoc. Thanks!

Can you check how many irons at the market of this town and what is buying price?

but of course. At this moment of time Makeb has no iron, even tho the town has a village attached to it, which produce iron ore.
This is only my 2cent but it's hard to believe that the town hasn't seen iron ore in the last two in-game weeks, specially cause I've been supplying it with iron from smelting weapons.

UPDATE: the town has 50+ iron ore and nothing has changed.

Last edited:
Just some general thoughts. If caravans and workshops are just supposed to keep you barely alive, then the main income has to be loot you get from fights. That means I have to fight all day long to keep my army running. Additonally new armor and weapons are really expencive. I wonder how all this will work out in the end.

Just some general thoughts. If caravans and workshops are just supposed to keep you barely alive, then the main income has to be loot you get from fights. That means I have to fight all day long to keep my army running. Additonally new armor and weapons are really expencive. I wonder how all this will work out in the end.

The devs will balance it out, I'm sure of it.
Also, as soon as you have towns and castles money is not an issue (for me). I only use workshops and caravans (in their current state) to jump start my finances. However with 0 income from workshop, it will be a bit more challenging. :grin:

Devs shouldn't be nerfing player income before the economy is even fully implemented. Who cares if you have too much gold, there ins't much to spend it on anyways other than overpriced personal equipment.

Who cares if you have too much gold, there ins't much to spend it on anyways other than overpriced personal equipment.
I buy all the food and all the horses. All of them. I wish the AI had to actually buy them so they could not have them because I bought them. **** the AI.
I love to just sit there starving the town in a siege or sometimes I just park in front so caravans can't come in.

It's silly to nerf passive income when 'active' income from junk gear drops is through the roof. Not to mention the 100K javelins you can craft. WTF is it a skyrim joke? Like the enchanted daggers that cost more then the shops have.

Nothing regarding money is an urgent matter though.

Hi mexxico, I am currently at day 103 and income from 1 caravan and 2 workshops is too low (just getting 70 denars daily). Here is my save game (plus check how good snowballing is going after the hotfix :smile: ):

I have bought a smithy in Marunath and a Pottery Shop in Pen Cannoc. Thanks!

Forget the workshops part, now they are giving me 150-170. The caravans has been giving me 0 denars since a lot of days tough.

Well, I have seen some income from caravans now, but it is 200-300 accompanied by over 1500 in wages. Just for 1 day, then they both disappear from my balance sheet again. so it seems to be "fixed"

but of course. At this moment of time Makeb has no iron, even tho the town has a village attached to it, which produce iron ore.
This is only my 2cent but it's hard to believe that the town hasn't seen iron ore in the last two in-game weeks, specially cause I've been supplying it with iron from smelting weapons.

UPDATE: the town has 50+ iron ore and nothing has changed.

I bought a ironwork in marunath last night, in previous patches it gave a good amount of gold, since there is iron village nearby (I checked that the village still made iron because hotfix apparently changed production but maybe not visuals?)

I was only making 10 to 25 gold per day, sometimes 0. switched it over to woodworkers shop and its making money now. it might be a problem with just ironwork in general, since market of armor/weapons is different than most other workshop goods. Maybe for now try making a different kind of workshop.

I bought a ironwork in marunath last night, in previous patches it gave a good amount of gold, since there is iron village nearby (I checked that the village still made iron because hotfix apparently changed production but maybe not visuals?)

I was only making 10 to 25 gold per day, sometimes 0. switched it over to woodworkers shop and its making money now. it might be a problem with just ironwork in general, since market of armor/weapons is different than most other workshop goods. Maybe for now try making a different kind of workshop.

Thanks for the tip. Woodwork indeed started producing some gold. Not much mind you but even the daily 30 is much more than 0 :grin:

I think the problem lies in the perceived value of those actions.
If I as the player RP as a Caravan and go from town to town and city to city, I really fast can make more than 200-300 a day. So if I "outsource" this task to the AI and "automate" it, I expect similar results, what is not happening.

Same thing with Workshops. The closest thing to working in a workshop we have is smithing. Balanced or not, if I use my day in the forge and sell my labor at the market I can make more than 100-150/300 a day. Even if I just go to an area with plenty of hardwood and use my skill to turn 2 hardwood into 3 coal and sell it, I make a good profit.

I don't suggest to nerf smithing, just put caravans and workshop in line with the things a player can do in the same given time.

Another suggestion I have, rather than using stamina for smithing, can we just use time? So we could dedicate a month or so doing something and not getting frustrated with the stamina bar and it has real game consequences. Like forging a blade takes 6-12h so you still can only produce 2 good weapons a day, same as under the stamina system, but you can keep going with the same configuration without having to do it all over after resting.
The big drawback is cleary your time invested in smithing. While you are working in the forge you cannot defend your fiefs or respond to the action happening on the map, which would be in line with the realism of the game.

Thank you for the amazing work so far.

Another suggestion I have, rather than using stamina for smithing, can we just use time?

I would also settle for just a button in the smithing screen that would "auto-rest" until you reach full stamina again, having to bounce between the two screens feels bad.

Can you check how many irons at the market of this town and what is buying price?
i got the exact same amount of money on my ironmonger on the city of Epicrotea , it has 2 villages that get iron realy close to it , but the city never have any iron on it , and they pay realy low prices for selling iron for them , even tho they have 0 in stock

New game on 1.4.3, caravan has been doing great. I started a spicevendor off in Aserai and shes been floating in Khuzait land for awhile. I seen profits from +50 to +1000 since day 54 when i made the caravan (currently 97)

New game on 1.4.3, caravan has been doing great. I started a spicevendor off in Aserai and shes been floating in Khuzait land for awhile. I seen profits from +50 to +1000 since day 54 when i made the caravan (currently 97)
what do you mean with "started a spicevendor" ? is it a mod or something that you can chose what to sell ? cuz i got 2 caravans in 1.4.3 and its been more than 200 days and i never got a single coin back from them , in fact . they usualy request more money every few days , i just make money in war now .

im not sure about this info , but i remembered a dev saying that the trading skill from the companions does not actualy change the profit , mybe im wrong but on my save one of the companions was a spicevendor and the other one is just a random , and both never gave me a single coin, im at day 432 at my 1.4.3 campain m but mybe my campain is just ****ed then

Back
Top Bottom