Beta 1.4.3 - Snowballing worse than ever (better than ever after hotfix).

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a pure speculation, but is Raganavald (Sturgian ruler) having the Daring or some other trait part of the problem? I've seen him continue wars even when the results were disastrous, over multiple (like 10+) playthroughs back when I was doing observer runs.
I believe it is nothing to do with him being daring, and more that snowballing is a national sport in Sturgia. Mainly due to them having so much of the stuff.

Hey Mexxico, just tested first 30 days after hotfix and it has been great. Some castles have been conquered, especially due to Northern Empire going at war against 4 factions but after 30 days not a single town has been conquered. I have enabled the cheats to see what is going in all the maps and now AI is defending properly and everything looks much better. Thanks!!

Hey Mexxico, just tested first 30 days after hotfix and it has been great. Some castles have been conquered, especially due to Northern Empire going at war against 4 factions but after 30 days not a single town has been conquered. I have enabled the cheats to see what is going in all the maps and now AI is defending properly and everything looks much better. Thanks!!

Good, thanks for feedback. It will be better 1-2 weeks later. Still we have issues related war peace declerations. I will examine these codes.

I strongly suggest TW to download "diplomacy fixes" mod and test "war exhaustion" feature, "corruption" feature and "over extension" feature that the mod adds. You will either think that, that is how it should have been, or you would get some good ideas out of it. Those features pretty much block snowballing.

Also, wars still don't make sense, factions are still waging wars against factions that are either so far away or factions that would help agains their bigger enemies as an ally. Do factions declare war others randomly? Why factions declare war when they are already struggling with one existing war? Will there be "claiming enemy fief" feature before the battle? I have great hopes in TW that they have some pretty ideas foroverworld diplomacy system.

I believe it is nothing to do with him being daring, and more that snowballing is a national sport in Sturgia. Mainly due to them having so much of the stuff.
Someone made a good post regarding this earlier, but it has to do with other factions declaring war on Sturgia due to Sturgia simply being weaker and bordering 4 factions.

I strongly suggest TW to download "diplomacy fixes" mod and test "war exhaustion" feature, "corruption" feature and "over extension" feature that the mod adds. You will either think that, that is how it should have been, or you would get some good ideas out of it. Those features pretty much block snowballing.

Also, wars still don't make sense, factions are still waging wars against factions that are either so far away or factions that would help agains their bigger enemies as an ally. Do factions declare war others randomly? Why factions declare war when they are already struggling with one existing war? Will there be "claiming enemy fief" feature before the battle? I have great hopes in TW that they have some pretty ideas foroverworld diplomacy system.

I strongly support this. It's a very reasonable system.

Great avatar by the way! :smile:

I'm not sure if multiple tiny armies are really the big offender here. It might just be that the there are too few defenders, too slowly genereted. When I played one campain with the bannerlord tweaks mods which massivle boost the defensive side and garrions and all that stuff a 900+ men army won't take barely anything. A settlement had around 1.5k defenders ~400 garrison and ~1100 milita there was also a crazy settlement with a whopping 1.8k defenders, took only a 3k army to take it :wink: Anyway castles also had always over 700 defenders so it might be enough to boost militias, garrions, food storage and food production to severely slowing down the snowballing.
Not to mention that leading an army of 2k+ soldiers requires lots of parties, influence, cohesion, provision and so on. Getting all of that and replenshing it after a siege is not quickly done.

Oh yeah, that is the other option: To greatly increase defending militia. It's kind of a similar solution in that it limits the amount of armies that are strong enough to actually besiege a town. However, I think it may run the risk of turning the game into more of a grind (potentially).

If there was a way to actively lower an enemies' militia then it might be okay... For example, raiding nearby villages and cutting supply lines to Towns, leading to starvation of the town and huge numbers of militia abandoning the town. - Although, this is actually how it appears to be working right now, although it currently seems to lead to an extreme of having too much food or not enough (And not a lot of options for the player to do much about it, beyond hoping your villages don't get raided).

We can only really speculate for now! I'll be interested to see what conclusion mexxico comes to next week

Solutions done :
1- Siege preperation is now 33% longer
2- Fortifiacation advantage is now higher especailly if attackers started assault with less siege equipments. (It was 2.5-3x now it is 3.5-4x for less number of siege equipments)
3- Because fortification advantage is higher now attackers do not start assault with 0-1-2 equipments generally. So defenders reach with higher probability and attackers lose more men during sieges.
Does the 33% longer effect the player's siege preparation or just AI? Does it effect the defenders building of equipment too?

What is fortification advantage? Is it just for auto calculation and AI reasoning, or is their a actual change in performance in live battle?

This seems like a good improvement overall, but I do think siege was already a cumbersome process for the human player so it might be nice if only AI prep was slowed down.

Just want to add that I am really happy with the last hotfix and how It has improved the snowballing. It is for sure the best campaign I am playing in terms of snowballing. Currently at day 100 and while some castles and towns have been conquered, original factions have been able to re-take most of them and the current situation makes much more sense and all kingdoms are alive and strong.

I have to say that I have been lucky with wars in this campaign but the hotfix has been a huge step forward. When war/peace declaration system gets improved, snowballing will probably get totally fixed. Thanks!

Just want to add that I am really happy with the last hotfix and how It has improved the snowballing. It is for sure the best campaign I am playing in terms of snowballing. Currently at day 100 and while some castles and towns have been conquered, original factions have been able to re-take most of them and the current situation makes much more sense and all kingdoms are alive and strong.

I have to say that I have been lucky with wars in this campaign but the hotfix has been a huge step forward. When war/peace declaration system gets improved, snowballing will probably be totally fixed. Thanks!

Yep, it is working much better.

Does the 33% longer effect the player's siege preparation or just AI? Does it effect the defenders building of equipment too?

What is fortification advantage? Is it just for auto calculation and AI reasoning, or is their a actual change in performance in live battle?

1-only effect first initial waiting step before building other siege equipments, this period takes about 0.5-1.5 day according to healthy troops at besieger army. 33% increased for both ai and player.

2-fortification advantage is bonus for defenders at only auto calculation.

1-only effect first initial waiting step before building other siege equipments, this period takes about 0.5-1.5 day according to healthy troops at besieger army. 33% increased for both ai and player.

2-fortification advantage is bonus for defenders at only auto calculation.
Thank you! That sounds well designed.

What about building ppl who carry ladders? I find it very unusual that there are ladders laying around the castle and noone cares about them. Or what about fire arrows to ignite rambocks?

I'm sure he's referring to the small wooden shields that attacking archers fire behind during sieges.

I have found a new bug :sad: and this is probably one of the reasons because there is 0 snowballing in my campaign. It looks like there is something wrong with lords because all kingdoms just have 2000-4000 strength now.

EDIT: It is maybe something related to Notables power bug, all of them have now 100 Power now and just give recruits.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom