Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

The install win issue is not affecting 1.4.3 but I think we are facing a different issue related to sieges un 1.4.3 too. The reason is that the AI assaults settlements as soon as siege preparations are done without siege equipment (sometimes AI just makes a RAM and attacks).

This is bringing a huge snowballing because defender armies have no time to react. And yes, Kuzhaits are more insane/OP than ever.

The Vlandians took 2 towns and 2 castles from the Southern Empire in the first 15 minutes of game play. Something is really messed up. Kuzhaits had taken most off the map in the East after an hour in. Did they test this at all? I noticed it within the first few minutes.

images

I do not know if they will already report or not about this bug, and I do not know if I can report here, but there is a problem in version e1.4.2 in the DESERTER EXTORTION mission, in which the village troops do not assist in the defense against the bandits. Should this happen or was it a mechanism that was implemented in this new version? I'm waiting for anwser. Thanks.

I do not know if they will already report or not about this bug, and I do not know if I can report here, but there is a problem in version e1.4.2 in the DESERTER EXTORTION mission, in which the village troops do not assist in the defense against the bandits. Should this happen or was it a mechanism that was implemented in this new version? I'm waiting for anwser. Thanks.

Thanks for coming to report the bug. It would help our team a great deal if you post this in the Bannerlord Technical Support section so that our support team can process the report!

Because game modes like siege and TDM are casual, and the potential for abuse and frustration outweighs the realism and/or any benefits of having team damage on.

In a more competitive setting, like any ranked game mode, then it should definitely be on imo.

Since Siege is in matchmaking and wins in it go towards badge achievements, i think it would be only right to have reflective team damage (when you hit a teammate, the teammate suffers no damage , damage goes back to you), this goes better with this mode than classic teamhit, as it wouldn't cause frustration to careful players getting teamkilled constantly, but only make the ones that aren't careful to be more careful or else they would kill themselves over and over, not others. I would additionaly suggest to make horses separate entities, taking full damage from both allies and enemies, sincr trolls parking with horses on important narrow passages are an issue since time immemorial on non-teamdamage servers/modes.

We did discuss having reflective damage in some modes but decided against that for the same reason if I remember correctly (someone can just jump in front of your attacks to make you kill yourself).

I think the damage settings are fine right now for our own servers to be honest. I think the actual solution to this is server files.

You're probably right for the casual servers, however I'd have a look at doing something about the explosive pots. You can throw them directly into a team fight and you'll likely kill majority of the enemies whilst not affecting your own troops at all.

I think part of the problem too is that a lot of the explosive pots are put in places with a chokepoint making them impossible to push through when the enemy is throwing explosives at you. An example would be 'D' flag of 007battania siege.

You're probably right for the casual servers, however I'd have a look at doing something about the explosive pots. You can throw them directly into a team fight and you'll likely kill majority of the enemies whilst not affecting your own troops at all.

I think part of the problem too is that a lot of the explosive pots are put in places with a chokepoint making them impossible to push through when the enemy is throwing explosives at you. An example would be 'D' flag of 007battania siege.

This is a pretty interesting and valid point.

@NIN3 @Klebari

The Vlandians took 2 towns and 2 castles from the Southern Empire in the first 15 minutes of game play. Something is really messed up. Kuzhaits had taken most off the map in the East after an hour in. Did they test this at all? I noticed it within the first few minutes.

I have been critisising what I think should be fixed, etc. but to be honest, snowballing and balance at the world map level, in my opinion, makes more sense to be balance at a much later stage of the development process, as any new feature/other balance change can potentially change materially the balance at the world map and basically all the work you would have had done until that point would be useless.

Now that the code re-factor is complete, will we see a consistent patching release like before (patch every week or two)?

I'd rather see smaller more frequent patches rather than large less frequent patches.

Now that the code re-factor is complete, will we see a consistent patching release like before (patch every week or two)?

I'd rather see smaller more frequent patches rather than large less frequent patches.

We will probably never return to the daily patches of the first few weeks, after all, most of that was firefighting. But yes, our patching schedule will be more regular now that the refactor work has finished.

So is there a planned release for the hotfix on the Epic store or am I missing something? It is currently version 1.4.2.236056 on there. No idea what version the hotfix is because you have not posted it.

Edit:
Also, siege bug persists on a save file from over 2 weeks ago.

Edit 2: I don't expect a response within the next day or two, as it is a holiday there in Turkey atm, but a response before the weekend would be super. Thank you.

And if there is a way to get on the beta version on Epic (which AFAIK is not possible), please post a FAQ or thread about how to do so. As that would (hopefully) enable me to play the game somewhat more normally and enjoy it. Battle-less sieges are pointless and ruin the game full stop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom