Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

We have a fix for the trade issues in the works. We will also examine health regen, though, this may not be a bug but a matter of balance (a bug was fixed with it that may have shifted things from what people were used to - but i am not sure yet).

Regarding "auto win sieges" is this something you personally experience? Do you have any savegame prior to it happening?

For crashes, as long as people are uploading the dumps we will resolve them from most common to least common.

@Concomitant could you please provide a savegame where you are experiencing the issue?

The auto win sieges were from a prior save on 1.4.2. with 1.4.3 added, I did not keep the save file as I wanted a fresh 1.4.3. The snowballing issues that the AI is doing (winning sieges and taking a lot of territory) in the first 10 minutes of the game is on a fresh 1.4.3. The snowballing is present on 1.4.3 but I am not sure if the auto win siege bug is yet as I have not got that far into the game.

The auto win sieges were from a prior save on 1.4.2. with 1.4.3 added, I did not keep the save file as I wanted a fresh 1.4.3. The snowballing issues that the AI is doing (winning sieges and taking a lot of territory) in the first 10 minutes of the game is on a fresh 1.4.3. The snowballing is present on 1.4.3 but I am not sure if the auto win siege bug is yet as I have not got that far into the game.
I had previously tested the siege problem with a save from 1.4.1 on 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 and it only occurred on 1.4.2. The underlying issue - from what i understand - was broader than sieges. It bugged encounter sides so this was also causing the lack of resistance against raids. Neither the siege nor the raid issue has occurred in our internal testing for 1.4.3, so it would be great if people that are experiencing this problem could provide a savegame for us to examine.

We have a fix for the trade issues in the works. We will also examine health regen, though, this may not be a bug but a matter of balance (a bug was fixed with it that may have shifted things from what people were used to - but i am not sure yet).

Regarding "auto win sieges" is this something you personally experience? Do you have any savegame prior to it happening?

For crashes, as long as people are uploading the dumps we will resolve them from most common to least common.

@Concomitant could you please provide a savegame where you are experiencing the issue?

Hi Duh! Please try to priorize snowballing fixes if possible. The problem we are seeing is that AI is assaulting settlements pretty fast in beta 1.4.3 and there is no time to defenders.

Plus there is an issue with AI clans assigning members as governors before filling party slots, so It is pretty common to see tier 5-6 Clans with only one party active.

There is also another annoying bug which makes family members no eligible to lead parties after beind captured. I have already posted in support section.

Not sure why people are not complaining about these bugs which are huge, I suppose that complaining about caravans is probably more important :p.

Hi Duh! Please try to priorize snowballing fixes if possible. The problem we are seeing is that AI is assaulting settlements pretty fast in beta 1.4.3 and there is no time to defenders.

Plus there is an issue with AI clans assigning members as governors before filling party slots, so It is pretty common to see tier 5-6 Clans with only one party active.

There is also another annoying bug which makes family members no eligible to lead parties after beind captured. I have already posted in support section.

Not sure why people are not complaining about these bugs which are huge, I suppose that complaining about caravans is probably more important :p.
Mexxico will probably examine these issues after we have gone over the initial big but comparatively quick to fix problems. Snowballing is overall more complex and will typically require some time to improve.

We have a fix for the trade issues in the works.

Does this mean you will fix the caravans not gathering any trade XP bug as well? I am about to rather hang myself than grind trade to 225 again. Last time it took me real life days of just buying low and selling high, it's tedious and almost manslaughter!!! ?

Mexxico will probably examine these issues after we have gone over the initial big but comparatively quick to fix problems. Snowballing is overall more complex and will typically require some time to improve.

Yes, but take in mind that while snowballing exists in 1.4.2, It is at least acceptable and you can do some work to try to safe Sturgia or Northen Empire.

1.4.3 is another history and NE and Sturgia get wrecked when you are bying your first workshop and just have a 30 guys in party. Please try to improve the snowballing situation and make It as It is in 1.4.2 (well, not sure how 1.4.2 is now because I just played It when It was beta until this week). Thanks!

Does this mean you will fix the caravans not gathering any trade XP bug as well? I am about to rather hang myself than grind trade to 225 again. Last time it took me real life days of just buying low and selling high, it's tedious and almost manslaughter!!! ?
I don't think that's a bug. Afaik the companions that lead them get the trade XP. Will check, but expect that you need to do the trading yourself.

Yes, but take in mind that while snowballing exists in 1.4.2, It is at least acceptable and you can do some work to try to safe Sturgia or Northen Empire.

1.4.3 is another history and NE and Sturgia get wrecked when you are bying your first workshop and just have a 30 guys in party. Please try to improve the snowballing situation and make It as It is in 1.4.2 (well, not sure how 1.4.2 is now because I just played It when It was beta until this week). Thanks!
What I am saying is

TW is adding new content silently and not sure why they are not mentioning some nice things in patch notes. For example, It looks like replacements for lords are now working properly and we can see how kids grown and then start leading parties for their Clans. This is great and not sure why It has not been mentioned anywhere.

Please don't give the AI any more troops, money or other buffs! :smile:
Personally I'm at day 200 and everything is reasonable, just a few fiefs changed hands.
I took Chaikand for myself fast and dirty and gave been peaced out making babies and smithing while I upgrade it for the last 100 days or so, so it's not anything I'm doing to interfere.

EDIT: Just wana throw on here too, I'm not sure health regen is a problem. I haven't compared side by side or anything but it seems reasonable to me. I get hit usually.

Last edited:
BTW, does this means that death is now working properly?:

"Fixed and enabled the succession kingdom decision that triggers on royal death for the player and AI."

Whatever the code was for 1.4.2 (before the code cleanup and hot fix) there were no problems with snowballing, just revert back. :grin::grin: I know I have no idea what I am taking about more than likely, but it sounds good.

Just turning on another new test game in 1.4.3, Khuzaits took Amperla (town) from the Northern Empire in less than 3 minutes -maybe a week in game. No need for a save game file, this does this every time.

TW is adding new content silently and not sure why they are not mentioning some nice things in patch notes. For example, It looks like replacements for lords are now working properly and we can see how kids grown and then start leading parties for their Clans. This is great and not sure why It has not been mentioned anywhere.

Yes! I noticed this too... My kids are finally growing/changing (although, the babies are now invisible) and other lords have been growing their clans (and using their kids as governors)

With how thirsty the community is for new content I'm really surprised they're not singing these kind of things from the rooftops

In my case everybody is healed and ready for battle - but not myself. With only 27% health for example it is often difficult to kill one looter.
assuming this is not a bug with healing rate, i think TW did what they did to prevent killing looters early game with horse and bow. In any case, it looks like a bad call overall, i used a console to boost healing skill to max, because i was hoping it will get better. But, sadly, it did not. As it now the fastest way to heal is to sit in the town, which is not always possible if a character is in the army or leading one.
I think it's a bug.

Health regen rate as it is right now seems fine to me as long as it applies to all heroes and not just the player. Might help with the infinite loop of defeating same enemy AI parties again and again (maybe put a conditional that enemy AI wont leave a castle/town if their health is < number% ??).

Would make the battles actually count and feel important which in my opinion as things are right now, is not the case. And to make it more balanced, if the player is wounded and enters a battle, the auto resolve system should penalize the players party (simulating lower morale on troops if there are no healthy companions in battle with high skills). The same should happen to the AI, if the party leader is wounded but they encounter a critical situation that would make them leave the castle/town in which they are recovering (e.g. enemy besieges one of their fiefs)

assuming this is not a bug with healing rate, i think TW did what they did to prevent killing looters early game with horse and bow. In any case, it looks like a bad call overall, i used a console to boost healing skill to max, because i was hoping it will get better. But, sadly, it did not. As it now the fastest way to heal is to sit in the town, which is not always possible if a character is in the army or leading one.
I think it's a bug.
Bow and horse is boring :wink:
I just want to kill some with shild and axe or mace. But if i have to wait for an ingame week to be fully healed my clan gets rank 2 in 5 weeks realtime :razz: (and yes, iam joking, but it feels like this long time)

Back
Top Bottom