Village Upgrades

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello guys, before open beta developers said that "You can upgrade your villages just like a castle even you can build the wall " however we don't see anything about it in-game so question is when this upgrades will come game ?

yeah I have to agree. The idea that you could be a lord of some po-dunk village (or found a po-dunk village) and build it up to a castle and then maybe a city was a MAJOR reason why I bought this during "early access." I really wish they'd reconsider it... even if its wayyyy down the line

They stated that ..?!

Two years ago.

Can we still build castles in villages we own?
We had to drop that feature. At some point in development, fief management became too complex, with towns, castles and villages each having their own specific management screens. The ability to build castles in villages also gave rise to complex rules. For example, demolishing the castle in a village could potentially revert the village to another kingdom and we had to add complex logic to handle that. Overall, we felt that the design had become too bloated and unappealing.

The solution was changing the status of villages so that they would no longer be considered independent fiefs but were always attached to a castle or town. This removed the necessity to have a management screen for villages and simplified and streamlined the system. The aesthetics of our new villages is also much more pleasing.

I guess we should all just stick to 5 minute turkey shoot strategic-less sieges and double clicks on the campaign map, no need to make things "complex."

I guess we should all just stick to 5 minute turkey shoot strategic-less sieges and double clicks on the campaign map, no need to make things "complex."

I would not use Warband as an example of strategic sieges that aren't turkey shoots.
20200624200620_1.jpg

Two years ago.

Can we still build castles in villages we own?
We had to drop that feature. At some point in development, fief management became too complex, with towns, castles and villages each having their own specific management screens. The ability to build castles in villages also gave rise to complex rules. For example, demolishing the castle in a village could potentially revert the village to another kingdom and we had to add complex logic to handle that. Overall, we felt that the design had become too bloated and unappealing.

The solution was changing the status of villages so that they would no longer be considered independent fiefs but were always attached to a castle or town. This removed the necessity to have a management screen for villages and simplified and streamlined the system. The aesthetics of our new villages is also much more pleasing.

Ugh. What a shame. Guess i like em bloated and unappealing..just like Prom night..

Back
Top Bottom