almost no income from workshops and caravans

Users who are viewing this thread

Andresmaes22

Recruit
after the new update my workshops that normally make 200 and more now make 50 and less.
Same with caravans instead of making more then 1000 they make 200 or nothing.
I cant afford an army of 50.
Fix this pls.

At 1.4.1 workshop incomes were huge especially tanneries. So players built workshops even there is no raw material in nearby villages. Now you need to examine world better to find best places for workshops, as example you need to find a town with very cheap grain price to make profit from brewery. Some workshops can still bring 300-350 denars per day average is about 100-150 denars per day.

Caravans should bring 200-300 per day in average.

We will try to make them a bit more profitable but not a gamebreaking issue right now.

At 1.4.1 workshop incomes were huge especially tanneries. So players built workshops even there is no raw material in nearby villages. Now you need to examine world better to find best places for workshops, as example you need to find a town with very cheap grain price to make profit from brewery. Some workshops can still bring 300-350 denars per day average is about 100-150 denars per day.

We will try to make them a bit more profitable but not a gamebreaking issue right now.
i think its too low cause i have two caravans and 2 workshops in a region where the workshops should make much and cant afford 50 men army

Hey Mexxico thanxs to you and the team for fixing the 25 trade perk bug, as far as caravans, it seems trade levels don't influence it much, my suggestion keep it the same now but have trade levels really effect the profits, seems like a good compromise, you get more profits if you invest into the trade skill for your companions

Hey Mexxico thanxs to you and the team for fixing the 25 trade perk bug, as far as caravans, it seems trade levels don't influence it much, my suggestion keep it the same now but have trade levels really effect the profits, seems like a good compromise, you get more profits if you invest into the trade skill for your companions

Thanks. Sorry for my English can you explain more what you suggest?

You mean if player form a caravan with a companion who has higher trade level profits should differ more than current situation?

As long as smithing is as overpowered as it is for money, there is literally no incentive or point in using any other form of money-making in the game. Making caravans and workshops generate less income In my opinion is not a good decision, in fact I would argue that you should increase this income, maybe raise the maximum amount of gold per day that you can earn. There's no reason for me to own a caravan, or a workshop, If all I need to do to make 100k gold is forge a simple javelin and sell it. Especially considering smithing requires NO RISK, while maintaining a caravan and a workshop has a huge cost, and has the potential to be plundered and destroyed. @mexxico

As long as smithing is as overpowered as it is for money, there is literally no incentive or point in using any other form of money-making in the game. Making caravans and workshops generate less income In my opinion is not a good decision, in fact I would argue that you should increase this income, maybe raise the maximum amount of gold per day that you can earn. There's no reason for me to own a caravan, or a workshop, If all I need to do to make 100k gold is forge a simple javelin and sell it. Especially considering smithing requires NO RISK, while maintaining a caravan and a workshop has a huge cost, and has the potential to be plundered and destroyed. @mexxico

Smithing mechanics are broken currently. Not others. If there are 10 income source in game and 1 is broken we should not increase all other 9 to balance. We should fix what is broken. I am not owner of smithing mechanics & codes so I cannot fix it. I am trying to make other 9 balanced.

Thanks. Sorry for my English can you explain more what you suggest?

You mean if player form a caravan with a companion who has higher trade level profits should differ more than current situation?
As you progress through trade levels it decreases the barter penalty so you get more profits, in my extensive playthroughs over 1000 days there doesn't appear to be a good benefit from companions getting higher trade exp. Increase profits for companion caravans when their trade skill gets higher
Right now there appears to be a small profit gain with higher trade skill, but a companion with 150 trade skill should do Much much better than one with 0 which is not really the case right now.
If they increased that profit gain with trade skill gain then it would give better profits, but would require a player to spend skill points into trade which you "should" have to do to get the profits

Smithing mechanics are broken currently. Not others. If there are 10 income source in game and 1 is broken we should not increase all other 9 to balance. We should fix what is broken. I am not owner of smithing mechanics & codes so I cannot fix it. I am trying to make other 9 balanced.

I find it difficult to maintain any form of positive income while having 100+ troops without smithing. While I would like to see smithing nerfed, this is not what I am asking for, although I am very much looking forward to the nerf. I am more concerned that even with 2 trade caravans and 2 workshops I'm still generating less than 1000 gold a day. Considering just how much risk and money that you need to put into these investments, the rewarded income simply is not good enough. Not to mention the high costs of maintaining troops. Caravans and Workshops should be some of the highest earning income options in the game, as they literally revolve around the "Trade skill". I am not asking you to make the other 9 income sources over-powered like smithing, I am asking you to not OVER-NERF the other 9 income sources like it seems that you have done in the past.

For example, why would you set a maximum value of 350 gold?
Village incomes can reach upwards of 1200, and you mean to tell me that a workshop in a bustling city is going to make less profit than some farming village? We don't even take a risk while owning Villages, if someone raids our villages we can just wait a week for them to regenerate and it's like nothing ever happened. If my trade caravan gets plundered I am never seeing that gold again. If my workshop is in a city that is taken over by another faction, I lose that gold and won't see it ever again.
TLDR: Villages = No risk, High reward. Caravans+Workshops = High risk, Low reward. @mexxico

Last edited:
no income from caravans now, I have 2 going. Trade skills of 101 and 10 (but social of 5). Neither is gaining anything or contributing. Oh, 1.4.3 fyi

Last edited:
Strongly disagree with workshops being a high-risk investment. Workshops are one of the safest income sources in the game and getting 100-350 daily seems right IMO.

Caravans are another history and these are really high-risk investments. Getting 500 or so from caravans is what I could expect for them, this way we could get our money back in 30 days and if we manage to keep them alive, they would continue giving us money. Caravans are underperforming currently and getting 0-300 is what I am seeing in my current game.

BTW, I do not use smithing and I can get enough money to pay wages without problems.

Strongly disagree with workshops being a high-risk investment. Workshops are one of the safest income sources in the game
You lose a workshop when an enemy faction takes the city, for a 14000-16000 cost... Thats pretty high risk. Especially if you are not the owner of the city, which is oftentimes the case.

Edit: I think there should be an option to re-negotiate and renew your workshop contract with the new faction that has taken over the city. Maybe for a fee of like 3,000-5,000 gold (roughly 1/3 of a workshops initial cost.) They will continue to allow you to maintain your business in the city and you don't have to buy a completely new 16,000 dollar workshop every single time a city changes hands.

Last edited:
Strongly disagree with workshops being a high-risk investment. Workshops are one of the safest income sources in the game and getting 100-350 daily seems right IMO.

Caravans are another history and these are really high-risk investments. Getting 500 or so from caravans is what I could expect for them, this way we could get our money back in 30 days and if we manage to keep them alive, they would continue giving us money. Caravans are underperforming currently and getting 0-300 is what I am seeing in my current game.

BTW, I do not use smithing and I can get enough money to pay wages without problems.
Exactly, I have been trying to tell people good areas, one is Khuzuit territory for wool weavery, they have tons of sheep farms and can generate 200-300 a day easily, just have to find them
but yes caravans can be terrible at times generating no income for days, increasing profit gain with companion trade exp levels can help offset it without changing much.
Spending skill points into trade for a companion can hurt their fighting style later but it's the option to give better income if you invest into it

You lose a workshop when an enemy faction takes the city, for a 14000-16000 cost... Thats pretty high risk. Especially if you are not the owner of the city, which is oftentimes the case.

Just sell the workshop before losing it.

Back
Top Bottom