Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

I simply do NOT understand the versioning ... at least on STEAM. I did a completely new download this morning (EST, U.S.) and opted OUT of the beta. The downloaded game shows version e1.4.2. 235840.

The 1.4.3 notes on Steam shows that 1.4.3 is a 'beta patch'
So, question, when will 1.4.3 be a 'main branch'? Must I opt into the betas on steam to get a 1.4.3 game?
Previously 1.4.2 was the beta version. Once it's good enough to be pushed to the stable version (in this case this means whenever the next beta patch is published) it will be moved there and anyone who played with the stable version will have to update now. We also got the latest beta version of this game and since it's a beta version it was obviously published at the beta branch, so yes you need to opt in for the 1.4.3 beta version to play that version.

So i played a bit of the 1.4.2 main brach and... holly ****. Performance issues are still real. Sollution to this is idiotic: launch the game not via steam launcher but via Bannerlord.exe.... Also weird graphical bugs i cant even repot cause i dont know how to describe them
Also did smth happened to Khuzaits? they used to be OP, now they are getting ruffle stomped.
Other that that no problems :smile:

I simply do NOT understand the versioning ... at least on STEAM. I did a completely new download this morning (EST, U.S.) and opted OUT of the beta. The downloaded game shows version e1.4.2. 235840.

The 1.4.3 notes on Steam shows that 1.4.3 is a 'beta patch'
So, question, when will 1.4.3 be a 'main branch'? Must I opt into the betas on steam to get a 1.4.3 game?

OK. I think I got it. I will opt into the beta. I like playing the betas cause I don't expect anything to work so when it doesn't I feel satisfied and when it does work I feel great!

With the new update; I've run into an issue with sieges. I'm running the game through steam; plain vanilla, no mods. When I opened a save game from last night I received the following message: Module Mismatch; Do you want to load the saved game with a different module. I hit yes, and the game seems to play no problem.

However, when I or an NPC siege a settlement, once you go into combat the defenders are not there, and you win. Regular combat works ok, just the issue with sieges.

Have to say I'm really loving this game. Keep up the good work.

With the new update; I've run into an issue with sieges. I'm running the game through steam; plain vanilla, no mods. When I opened a save game from last night I received the following message: Module Mismatch; Do you want to load the saved game with a different module. I hit yes, and the game seems to play no problem.

However, when I or an NPC siege a settlement, once you go into combat the defenders are not there, and you win. Regular combat works ok, just the issue with sieges.

Have to say I'm really loving this game. Keep up the good work.
Could you share a savegame prior to the siege where this is happening? (Assuming it can be reproduced somewhat reliably.) I tried some sieging on an older version savegame and the problem didn't occur for me.

Oh and obligatory - are you using any mods? you are experiencing this on 1.4.2 or 1.4.3?

I also might suggest a removal of the old game and a reinstall (Steam) and start a new game. This insures you have a full new code. Of course, your old save may not work. Most likely not. This fixed most of my issues but I did not care if I started a new game or not.

Could you share a savegame prior to the siege where this is happening? (Assuming it can be reproduced somewhat reliably.) I tried some sieging on an older version savegame and the problem didn't occur for me.

Oh and obligatory - are you using any mods? you are experiencing this on 1.4.2 or 1.4.3?
No mods; using 1.4.2. I did not opt in for the beta. I loaded an older version and got the same issue. I can try to upload a save if this is helpful.

And there is a bug when you pres character coatumization there character becomea skinny for some reason.
I noticed this prior to the update. During character creation was ok, but when you hit the v key and get the character creation in game, the character was skinny.

I also might suggest a removal of the old game and a reinstall (Steam) and start a new game. This insures you have a full new code. Of course, your old save may not work. Most likely not. This fixed most of my issues but I did not care if I started a new game or not.
I may just start again.

I've also encountered this not once but twice. It's weird. They start building and using siege weapons as usual. Then you expect to see the symbol above the city which means 'they are fighting' but no, they instantly conquer city without any casualities/fight except the lost of siege weapon users.

Yup its pathetic, clearly Failworlds... sorry Faleworlds... sorry Taleworlds can't test properly without releasing a super buggy patch. Check out all the over 150 posts on the steam discussion its not just a few of us. Pathetic Taleworlds just pathetic.

oh and you shouldn't have to reinstall the game just because they release a pathetic excuse for a patch.

I've also encountered this not once but twice. It's weird. They start building and using siege weapons as usual. Then you expect to see the symbol above the city which means 'they are fighting' but no, they instantly conquer city without any casualities/fight except the lost of siege weapon users.
Started a fresh game and it showed up at the first siege I saw. I'm going to try to uninstall & reinstall.

I'm experiencing this on 1.4.2 with mods (but none that affect the combat). I'll roll vanilla and get you a save.

I think you guys blew up the economy again.

Not as bad as the last time, but there are definitely craters where my profit margins used to be. How am I supposed to be Aserai Merchant-King if I can't stack denars as high as my vaulted ceiling?

Back
Top Bottom