Bandits can't surrender whithout freezing the game in 1.4.3 beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Got a game breaking bug here... game gets blocked immediatly after I get prisioners from a bandit party that surrenders without a fight. As soon as I choose the prisoners from the party screen It takes me back to the dialog scene with the bandits and locks me there with no options. Happens everytime. Now I can't really engage smaller parties that might surrender without running the risk of freezing. Did anyone else experience that?

Ok we are checking. Thanks.

Edit : Yes. It happens and gamebreaking. Will try to fix today and I hope a hotfix will be ready for this also today.

I don't want to be offensive but these things make people irritated. I mean supposedly devs were bug-fixing all these days they didn't catch such a gamebreaking crash ? I don't get it...

Anyways thank you for the heads up.

I don't want to be offensive but these things make people irritated. I mean supposedly devs were bug-fixing all these days they didn't catch such a gamebreaking crash ? I don't get it...

Yes you are right. This should not happen. That kind of obvious bugs need to be catched before going beta.

No worries, thank you again for being so active on the forums. Many people might not write on the forums like myself but i do check almost everyday and appreciate some of you guys being so open.

I, and a lot of other people, are happy to go about finding these kind of bugs. The devs only have so many eyes/ testing time and, surely, this is exactly what a beta branch of an early access game is for? (Maybe there should be an alpha branch?)

I got hit by this bug and a few others with this update too but I don't think it's that big a deal. Just load an auto-save and avoid it until it is fixed.

Yes you are right. This should not happen. That kind of obvious bugs need to be catched before going beta.

Bugs always slip through. Everyone playing the beta branch can expect this sort of thing to happen. We appreciate the quick responses to acknowledging and fixing them! thanks mexxico

I, and a lot of other people, are happy to go about finding these kind of bugs. The devs only have so many eyes/ testing time and, surely, this is exactly what a beta branch of an early access game is for? (Maybe there should be an alpha branch?)

I got hit by this bug and a few others with this update too but I don't think it's that big a deal. Just load an auto-save and avoid it until it is fixed.

Bugs always slip through. Everyone playing the beta branch can expect this sort of thing to happen. We appreciate the quick responses to acknowledging and fixing them! thanks mexxico

You are totally wrong in my eyes, when the only communication for the past 1+month is that devs are bug-fixing i would atleast expect they would catch this kind of gamebreaking crashes. We are not talking about a bug that is so hidden that you can easily miss it.

You are totally wrong in my eyes, when the only communication for the past 1+month is that devs are bug-fixing i would atleast expect they would catch this kind of gamebreaking crashes. We are not talking about a bug that is so hidden that you can easily miss it.

My guess is they have a unit testing program set up to try and validate possible inputs and then probably a human QA team to try to break things manually or replicate errors. There are so many things to test I am not surprised that an interaction like this could get through, it requires you not only getting a big enough party to force a surrender but then also catching a party smaller than you by having enough horses or trapping them.

while it's not pleasant to have stuff like this get past, the refactor probably effected almost every part of the code so bugs like this that are very annoying and repeatable will exist for a while until they can all get sorted out again in future releases.

That said, I am not even going to bother playing this new version. :smile:

Got a game breaking bug here... game gets blocked immediatly after I get prisioners from a bandit party that surrenders without a fight. As soon as I choose the prisoners from the party screen It takes me back to the dialog scene with the bandits and locks me there with no options. Happens everytime. Now I can't really engage smaller parties that might surrender without running the risk of freezing. Did anyone else experience that?
same

Back
Top Bottom