Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Muscle slider during character creation when? I don't want to look like an emaciated peasant. We used to be able to unlock the muscle slider with the dev console, but since one of the patches some months ago now that's no longer possible.
I wonder why are those sliders turned off in the first place

I wonder why are those sliders turned off in the first place
Same, I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't have access to this feature. I mean, if it isn't part of the vision for the game; fine. But atleast don't put in measures to block us from accessing these features through modding.

Same, I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't have access to this feature. I mean, if it isn't part of the vision for the game; fine. But atleast don't put in measures to block us from accessing these features through modding.
i doubt they are inherently trying to stop you using them through mods - probably an unintended part of the update - still I think they are planning to use them; just later on.

I hope factions will no longer declare war on factions on the other side of the map. Can't wait to test new patch out, and if children will stop being exact copies of parents & will have actual skills, i would even give one long term campaign a go ☺

Read what I wrote again, stop getting triggered at random things, flaming people :smile:

Cheers, this makes much more sense. I guess they separated the models into different tpac files to make them load faster into the game on demand, to avoid GPU overload. - Just a guess though.

@mexxico is there part where is code refactoring heavily focused at? Not sure if you are the correct person to ask though but, apart from one line, I'm not seeing any of my three mods got any build error, meaning that refactoring wasn't spread much in the entire codebase or handled very cautiously not to break anything further on purpose.
Read it and seems like complaining to me lil boi

There seems to be a bug in character creation. New characters all start with 0 renown even if you pick starting trait with a bonus. Anyone else see this? I have reported in Technical section.

Tried to play Tabut at my castle with my wife after this update... after the 10th turn she just wouldn't continue to play and I was locked waiting for her next move. Had to to close the game.

After playing on e1.4.3, I noticed some bugs... So:
The right world map with snow, just it does not match with the rest of the map.

This chair is still buggy. I can't sit on it. This is an old bug!

On sturgian tournaments, I always get like 50 fps, no matter how many units we re in tournament. I got an solid PC, i don t think I should have thos FPS.

In addition, I want to ask you Devs, if you have plans for implementing BANNERS, and when i give orders to my units, they are all silent. Please make them shout, like in a real battle. We got an mod like that, but why dont you add this. This will be an big improvement for the feel of the battles. Thanks!

In addition, I want to ask you Devs, if you have plans for implementing BANNERS, and when i give orders to my units, they are all silent. Please make them shout, like in a real battle. We got an mod like that, but why dont you add this. This will be an big improvement for the feel of the battles. Thanks!

+1 HUGE immersion booster for relatively cheap cost

Is the 8GB RAM freezing issue in battles fixed yet? That is the one of the things that just makes unable to play for more than 30 minutes without quitting.

Last edited:
Kingdoms and Diplomacy
  • Adjustments to the War and Peace evaluations.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the player party to be teleported after a successful siege barter.
  • It is now more difficult for lords to defect: Even when they have no settlements, lords will typically not defect if they have a good amount of money. This means that the money they have affects their desire for defection. The player now also gains relation after a lord joins his kingdom via the defection barter and the defecting lord loses relation with his old king as well.
  • Fixed and enabled the succession kingdom decision that triggers on royal death for the player and AI.
  • Fixed a bug that led context dependent barterables to have no effect.
  • Fixed a bug that caused a wrong dialogue variable to appear while trying to convince an enemy lord to join the player’s faction.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the voting system to ignore player participation in some decisions.
  • Sturgian default party template strength increased to better match with other factions.
  • Added a notification for resolved kingdom decisions that the player didn’t vote in.
  • Fixed a bug that caused diplomatic stances to be removed for a kingdom when one of its clans was removed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused heroes that are in related kingdoms settlements to not to be captured or released after peace or war declaration.
  • Reduced the duratıon of the no-attack/safe passage barter.
  • Fixed an issue with persuasion that caused failures to trigger instead of critical failures.
  • The king’s chances of being a candidate for and winning ownership of a newly captured settlement were reduced a bit.

Does this mean that the next patch on the main, there will be more things regarded to Clan & Dynasties on the matters of succession for existing factions and the player created kingdom? Permanent death will be implemented right and now will be a real thing: old age and combat death?
One thing that i'm anxious to know is about the succession on the existing kingdoms, my clan can ascend to power in an existing one, beocme the royal house?
Nice update... As soon as possible and as soons as I can and work permit... I'll go back to playing

@Callum @Duh_TaleWorlds @mexxico
Hey Team,
Thanks for all of the hard work getting the refactor completed.
Who is in charge of the perk tree development and updates? I would like to pass on a few points regarding the perk trees and dont want to bog this thread down with it. There are a lot of people who are excited about perk updates, while I'm sure just as many who have different priorities =D.

With that stated I would like to request that health required to be considered "Ready for battle" be adjusted to a static minimum number (20hp) rather than a percentage (20%). There are multiple perks that provide more HP. When a character is reduced to less than 20% health they become too injured to fight. Base character hit point is at 100. If injured, that character has to have at least 20hp to participate in a battle.
However, a particularity strong or healthy character (ei, perks that have increased health) takes longer to be considered battle worthy. At 150hp 20% now becomes 30hp needed to get into battle.This is a fundamental issue with the wounded mechanic and is actually a reason I try to avoid anything that adds health to my character.

I've also noticed that the athletic perk Strong Arms provides an option to increase focus in the throwing tree. It is a tier 9 option (225 skill points). What happens to that if I already have 5 points of focus in throwing, do I get a hidden +6 focus effect or is it lost? If I was playing a dedicated throwing infantry unit, I would likely have already invested in the 5 point focus by the time 225 skill points have been accumulated. I understand that being athletically fit would directly impact other things such as your ability to throw, or fight. This skill, hover, seems to be better suited for the throwing tree directly, or should be available earlier in the tree. I know the throwing tree has not been revamped yet, so maybe this will be clearer once that happens?

There is a similar effect in tier 3: "Having Going". It increased persuasion chance and party size. It seems like the intent is an increased charisma for being fit? "Having Going" unfortunately didn't translate well. Maybe titled:
"Athletic Charm"
"Fit Leader"
"Conditioned Charisma"

Thanks for the consideration.

Back
Top Bottom