First Time Playing Since Release: A List of Grievances

Users who are viewing this thread

- I hate how battles take drag on longer than they should due to having to hunt down and kill the enemy lord and other assorted units that are too stupid to flee when the battles has obviously been lost. Why can't they just retreat along with everyone else?

- Why does equipment still cost so much and why are tourney rewards so ****? There's no reason to be so stingy seeing as your personal equipment matters so little in the grand scheme of things. It might as well be cosmetic.

- Why is there still no way to passively train troops and why are skills still so slow to level up?

- Why are there still companions with duplicate backstories? The RNG ****ed me out of a healer companion and due to the problem above I have to field peasant armies to get by. Do they actually expect us to wait for a new companion to grow up or whatever and pray that they're a healer?

- How the actual **** are perks and skills still broken? It defies belief...

- Why does the AI ignore border settlements and go straight for random castles in the middle of the enemy's kingdom?

- Why the **** do my formation assignments for companions and soldiers (infantry, archer, cav, etc) keep getting reset?

- Why don't I get any influence for donating Lord prisoners anymore? Why is this even a mechanic if you don't gain anything from it?

- 8 years

Last edited:
Inappropriate content
It defies belief...
Yep... And they are enjoying all the money they made f**** us, they went in vaccation "refactoring code" for weeks without any news, while there is no sign any of your grievances will be adressed for the whole summer...
It's beyond unprofessional, I'm never ever giving TaleWorlds one more dime. All of their "work" I will now gladly just pirate for torrent trackers.
After 8 F**** YEARS !

Yep... And they are enjoying all the money they made f**** us, they went in vaccation "refactoring code" for weeks without any news, while there is no sign any of your grievances will be adressed for the whole summer...
It's beyond unprofessional, I'm never ever giving TaleWorlds one more dime. All of their "work" I will now gladly just pirate for torrent trackers.
After 8 F**** YEARS !
Yeah saying you are going to pirate games does not give you the moral high ground by the way... Just FYI. You should have ended on not giving them any more money... You had a strong final statement there, the crowd were cheering and then you threw it on the floor and trampled on it.

"The Republican party are greedy elitists trying to destroy the good name of America - I will not be giving them my vote now; or ever again!!...

...also I want to burn their houses down".

See it doesn't work... Now you just sound like a ****...

Last edited:
- I hate how battles take drag on longer than they should due to having to hunt down and kill the enemy lord and other assorted units that are too stupid to flee when the battles has obviously been lost. Why can't they just retreat along with everyone else?
Agree, there should be a certain overall morale which cause the force, including the lords, to entirely route.

- Why does equipment still cost so much and why are tourney rewards so ****? There's no reason to be so stingy seeing as your personal equipment matters so little in the grand scheme of things. It might as well be cosmetic.
If you get far enough into the game money becomes irrelevant and there needs to be some kind of money sink for the last tier of progression otherwise you can get fully kitted in the first year, only the best gear is 20k+. My typical start is running around doing tournys and i can normally get a full gear set, 1 or 2 tiers under the lordly tier. Not sure how you are playing but maybe roam around a bit more to other faction territories.

- Why is there still no way to passively train troops and why are skills still so slow to level up?

They do passively train but very slowly, they have expressed that they want troops to level up by actually fighting and surviving.

- Why are there still companions with duplicate backstories? The RNG ****ed me out of a healer companion and due to the problem above I have to field peasant armies to get by. Do they actually expect us to wait for a new companion to grow up or whatever and pray that they're a healer?
Agree here, i think they should RNG what factions the companions spawn in but at the very least have it required to spawn 1 type of each companion type. I've had to reroll runs because quite often you wont get trader companions which is a massive disadvantage.

They are redoing all the perks and implementing them skill by skill, they decided to not waste time on fixing the current ones so they don't **** with balance. I believe all the STR skills have been updated now, might be in 1.4.2 not 1.4.1 (sorry i just play the beta). The new perks are much better and aren't total wastes now (some current ones are Gov only bonus, which they switched to have both combat and civilian bonuses).

- Why does the AI ignore border settlements and go straight for random castles in the middle of the enemy's kingdom?
Likely due to the strength of the said settlement/castle, AI take into account which castles they can siege based on the castles garrison and their own army force. Some border settlements are stacked full of garrison due to them being in closer prox to danger and thus small armys will ignore for the low garrison castle past the border. 1.4.2 does improve on this tho, not sure about 1.4.1.

- Why the **** do my formation assignments for companions and soldiers (infantry, archer, cav, etc) keep getting reset?
Agree this is annoying, think it will be fixed in the next iteration. Lets hope.
- Why don't I get any influence for donating Lord prisoners anymore? Why is this even a mechanic if you don't gain anything from it?
They reduced it to 1 influence for every 20 prisoners, i believe. They did this when they balanced out the influence gain across the board (couple policies got changed as well).

Overall i agree with most of what you said and maybe you didn't give it enough time to realize the other things. Hopefully 1.4.3 will bring big improvements to a lot of these issues.

You missed out the stuff such as the inconsistencies with the dialogue such as not being able to marry etc and the general location buggyness. I imagine this will be one of the things that gets fixed around the code refactor but it still might not be.

Every few weeks, new wanderers appear.

Because the biggest consideration for AI targets is garrison strength.

You still gain influence. It was just nerfed because pre-nerf you could use those influence gains to haul down 20,000 denars a day as a mercenary. They, uh, don't want you making that much money.

I wonder about this one too because I know that at release tourney rewards was really good and I complemented the devs in these forums, and then for some reason they nerfed it into generic unincentivizing rewards. Like why..?

Because the biggest consideration for AI targets is garrison strength.
... and since AI cheats by knowing what garrison strengths are everywhere - your newly appointed town in the middle of nowhere gets sieged straight away. To beat that one must get an army of an average size - like 250 men, and patrol around the town to intercept and kill enemy lords grouping up one by one, not allowing them to morph into a big blob of 800 men.

In other words AI by taleworlds:
aOYA1mE_700bwp.webp

Agree, there should be a certain overall morale which cause the force, including the lords, to entirely route.

If you get far enough into the game money becomes irrelevant and there needs to be some kind of money sink for the last tier of progression otherwise you can get fully kitted in the first year, only the best gear is 20k+. My typical start is running around doing tournys and i can normally get a full gear set, 1 or 2 tiers under the lordly tier. Not sure how you are playing but maybe roam around a bit more to other faction territories.

First off, I don't give a **** about the player having too much money. Taleworlds should really leave it alone until the fix the economy in general and not just nerf money makers while inflating prices unreasonably. The economy is obviously still very unfinished anyways and there are more pressing matters than too much money. Better the player is overpowered than under-powered, especially during a beta.

Second, equipment should not be a money-sink. What should be costing you in order of expenses are:

Army wages/upgrades > Fief upgrades/maintenance >>>>>>>>>>Personal equipment.

Consider this from a balance point of view. Playing on realistic, what would you rather have?

A) The equipment worn by Cataphracts

or

B) 50 Cataphracts

Obviously the answer is B, but the game treats it like the equipment is so much more valuable. The cost of a full set of Catapharact armor costs more money than upgrading 50 Cataphracts, even if you factor in the cost of all previous upgrades to get to that level.

It should be the other way around; maintaining a force of elite units should cost you a ****ton to upgrade and maintain while equipment should be a trivial expense once you get some money coming in.

They do passively train but very slowly, they have expressed that they want troops to level up by actually fighting and surviving.

This is why you get peasant-only armies once every lord has been wiped out a few times.

Obviously elite units should be veterans of combat, but it should be feasible to train units up to at least tier 3 out of combat in a reasonable amount of time. No one likes peasant waves.

It also makes the player overly cautious of engagements, which shouldn't be the case when the game is all about fighting battles. Sure they should get a bloody nose if they choose poorly, but if players are hesitating fighting equal battles cuz they're afraid their elite units will get taken out there's a problem.

They reduced it to 1 influence for every 20 prisoners, i believe. They did this when they balanced out the influence gain across the board (couple policies got changed as well).

Perhaps this should be the case with normal troops, but lords should give a ****ton of influence if you turn them in. You're essentially removing a whole army from the enemy faction for as long as they are imprisoned.

And merc contracts should pay a lot more and pay consistently, not due to any influence.

- I hate how battles take drag on longer
get gud
7Mn7g1Y.png

They do run sometimes, it's annoying since they don't despawn if they do get away.

- Why does equipment still cost so much
Because you get gazillions of money from beating lords and they think it helps you to spend it and feel like you're making progress. They goofed.

Sombody(s) in devs think it will make the game too easy. It's very iffy if we'll ever get good passive training but everyone wants it.

No Mr Bond, they expect you to die.....

You thought you would get all those carrots by now? You don't no how long us mules have to pull the cart!

Small number good, AI bad!

because that's quality gaming experience for you to experience over and over nad over until you forget and your **** all ****ed up when you get into battle.

The nerfen dude nerfs but he don't delete

- 8 years
four more years! Four more years!

First off, I don't give a **** about the player having too much money. Taleworlds should really leave it alone until the fix the economy in general and not just nerf money makers while inflating prices unreasonably. The economy is obviously still very unfinished anyways and there are more pressing matters than too much money. Better the player is overpowered than under-powered, especially during a beta.

Second, equipment should not be a money-sink. What should be costing you in order of expenses are:

Army wages/upgrades > Fief upgrades/maintenance >>>>>>>>>>Personal equipment.
I agree, this is nonsens to have this prices order and differences.

Obviously elite units should be veterans of combat, but it should be feasible to train units up to at least tier 3 out of combat in a reasonable amount of time. No one likes peasant waves.
But when you advance in the game you can recruit higher tier troops in cities. Isn't that your "it should be feasible to train units up to at least tier 3 out of combat " ?

But when you advance in the game you can recruit higher tier troops in cities. Isn't that your "it should be feasible to train units up to at least tier 3 out of combat " ?
Those opportunities are few and far between and require reputation grinding. I'd give up recruiting higher tiers if it meant I could train units faster anyday.

Back
Top Bottom