How feature complete do you think Bannerlord is?

How feature complete do you think Bannerlord is?

• Nearly 100% complete, TW is only fine tuning for balance

• Mostly complete in terms of features and mechanics, maybe a little bit more before release

• Somewhat complete, but definitely more to come

• Much more content is likely on the way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

According to their own roadmap the game is close to feature complete, everything that's going to be in the game at least has placeholder now (perks, diplomacy, politics, progression, etc.)

Expecting a series of brand new game features during this EA might be setting yourself up for a letdown given the current progress and their own statements on the matter.

According to their own roadmap the game is close to feature complete, everything that's going to be in the game at least has placeholder now (perks, diplomacy, politics, progression, etc.)

Expecting a series of brand new game features during this EA might be setting yourself up for a letdown given the current progress and their own statements on the matter.

If this is indeed the case, it's going to be a shallow experience.

I'm very certain that we will have to rely on mods for many, many features.
Both ones that had been promised before, some that haven't been implemented from previous games and some that should just be in game and don't make sense that they aren't.
Examples of that last one includes Detailed Character Creation and the mod now needed to paste in Banners from that website.

I'm actually half happy that they dont update the game as often anymore so that mods wont break, but first they need to release the mod tools.

Personally I would want more features in the base game, but I don't think much of what I was expecting will actually be added natively

If this is indeed the case, it's going to be a shallow experience.

Probably yes lol.

But given their projected timeline of around 1 year, their progress thus far, and their roadmap I would say it all adds up to that being the case. Really the only people talking about brand new features that aren't already listed in their EA description or in game is the hopefuls on these forums.

Edit: I'm personally just hoping they do something with the campaign and battle AI.

Probably yes lol.

But given their projected timeline of around 1 year, their progress thus far, and their roadmap I would say it all adds up to that being the case. Really the only people talking about brand new features that aren't already listed in their EA description or in game is the hopefuls on these forums.

Edit: I'm personally just hoping they do something with the campaign and battle AI.

I think you are 100% on the money. I think the game is mostly complete and they will just being fine tuning and balancing for the rest of the EA. Which as I suspected is greatly at odds with what people here on the forums think.

There are many mechanics in SP that feels to have perspective. Maybe even if they don't add new mechanics, they will expand these that currently exist

They also haven't mentioned anything else about brand new features.
I think they are intentionally not mentioning anything beyond what they are directly working on to prevent controversy and outrage if their future plans change for some reason or another and they don't deliver what they had "promised." Best way to avoid that is to keep a tight lid on it.

And besides, I don't think development will stop after 2.0.0 is released, or whatever they consider full release. People keep talking like full release will be the final state of the game, period, but it's pretty common nowadays for companies to continue to support and develop their game post release. Free content updates generate press and sales, and keeps the playerbase engaged until more substantial paid dlc arrives.

I think they are intentionally not mentioning anything beyond what they are directly working on to prevent controversy and outrage if their future plans change for some reason or another and they don't deliver what they had "promised." Best way to avoid that is to keep a tight lid on it.

And besides, I don't think development will stop after 2.0.0 is released, or whatever they consider full release. People keep talking like full release will be the final state of the game, period, but it's pretty common nowadays for companies to continue to support and develop their game post release. Free content updates generate press and sales, and keeps the playerbase engaged until more substantial paid dlc arrives.

Whoa slow down you're getting way ahead of yourself there. Right now talking about post-launch content is completely pointless as the game hasn't even released and they have a lot of work to do to even complete what they have "prioritised".

Kingdom & Politics, Character System, Perks, Quests, Main Storyline, Performance, Campaign and Battle AI, Siege Battles, Modding Tools, and not to mention all the **** that will break and need fixing in between. Right now with their current rate of progress that's a LOT of stuff that has to be fleshed out over roughly 8 months.

They're not mentioning any new features because that would be ridiculous given what they have in front of them right now. There's also no indication that they will be adding big new features and why would they? Especially for free. We'll most likely get post launch updates sure but we'll also get post launch DLC, Addons, maybe expansions. There's absolutely zero evidence beyond people trying to shill for a game that they plan on adding big new features any time in the foreseeable future.

Edit: and that's not even mentioning the mountain they have to climb on the multiplayer side which is all but dead right now. In my opinion the ridiculous assumptions are just as detrimental to the community as the negativity that people spread on here. Both are done with an agenda that isn't realistic based on what we have to go on.

Last edited:
There's absolutely zero evidence beyond people trying to shill for a game that they plan on adding big new features any time in the foreseeable future.
Depends on what you mean by "big," but I don't necessarily agree with that (and that's not what I'm implying when I say post-launch content either). I definitely think we will see more new stuff than what's currently being prioritized before full release, but it would take a while to explain why I feel that way/what I'm basing it on, and we will never see eye to eye, so we might as well just leave it.

Last edited:
A part of me thinks that the game being deemed "nearly complete" by TW is probably the reality, but the other part of me thinks it's just too absurd to actually be true. But then again, the game being in such a poor state after so many years of development I would've thought absurd too.

A part of me thinks that the game being deemed "nearly complete" by TW is probably the reality, but the other part of me thinks it's just too absurd to actually be true. But then again, the game being in such a poor state after so many years of development I would've thought absurd too.

This is my sentiment as well.

To be honest I want more options In the votes. Like for example most of the feature they wanted to have is there already ( or the placeholder). And what they gonna need is overhaul/tweak/changes those feature until it's good enough for release. So if we are talking feature check list, it will be the exact same feature, but hopefully it will be better for each iterations of patch

Back
Top Bottom