Tournaments need diversification and purpose

Users who are viewing this thread

Currently, Tournaments are an easy way to get decent gear, get some money with a little bit of renown. Although some tournaments are better than none, I think there is a vast potential that could be unlocked if some of these proposed features were added.

• tournament difficulty should scale with the player's wealth/renown. The more wealth and renown that your character has, the more "unique" heavily skilled/armored opponents that pose more of a challenge.
  • Quests that occasionally occur when a player wins or meets some condition when participating in a tournament
  • Different Kinds of Tournaments: it currently lists all tournaments as a "group melee" but it would be cool to have categories within this
    • Duel (whole tournament of 1v1 fights)
    • Group melee (x10 or so teammates who are ranged, horsemen, infantry)
    • "Jousting" (lancing on horseback)
  • different types of rewards (relations with the town's owner, just money, equipment)

Agreed. A Youtuber (I forget who, sorry) also suggested that you should be able to bet on others and then watch the tournament. I’d love for there to be a way to make a companion into a tournament beast, when your own character doesn’t like to get his hands dirty (or rather bloody).

While they are at it they should remove the spear and shield infantry combo too. I hate using a spear on foot so much that I no longer participate in Sturgian or Khuzait tournaments.

DOWN WITH THE STABBY NASTINESS THAT IS SPEARS!!!

?

Another things which could be improved is the cooperation with team mates. Right now it happens quite often that my team mates rush out and get killed, which leaves me being ganged up from 3 sides. Why aren't orders functional in tournaments?

Another things which could be improved is the cooperation with team mates. Right now it happens quite often that my team mates rush out and get killed, which leaves me being ganged up from 3 sides. Why aren't orders functional in tournaments?
Agreed. You were able to control your teammates in Warband, this definitely should be added to BL

I agree, tourneys need more flavor.

I don't like to see every town has tourneys almost all the time.

In my opinion role playing as a knight who dedicated his life to the tournements is something players would like. I certainly would like to rp it. It gives something other than chasing bandits in peace time.

The ones we have now, let's call them regular tourneys. We need grand tourney's which are not common and kind of a big deal. Maybe attached to feast system. Maybe seperate.

While Lords avoid regular tourneys with a couple exceptions, they travel for grand tourneys because of the glory (money). I really dont like governers join all the tourneys in town all the time.

Towns should have some graphic effects on campaign map so I can understand there is a tournement going on so I will ride there. Talk to people in tavern to learn the dates of grand tourneys, participants etc.

Relations with participants, you cut my arm you noble son of a noble. Some might respect you some might get angry if you knock'em.

Team fights! Not like random teams, create your squad (companions and family) and fight against the empires special forces. I believe this has a lot of potential, like battle vs a team, king of the hill, survive the waves... Wouldn't it be beautiful 5 companion in circle formation, in the colosseum, surviving wave after wave?

And yes, the tutorial at the start may evolve into a part of grand tourneys.

My 2 cents

The more wealth and renown that your character has, the more "unique" heavily skilled/armored opponents that pose more of a challenge.

I disagree with this point. Its not a Skyrim, its Sandbox game. Everything in the game has to live its own life without being tied to the strength of your character. Imagine that your super-strong character has died and you continue to play for his heir, who is still weak - and that all uniquely strong opponents in tournaments should disappear immediately?

I disagree with this point. Its not a Skyrim, its Sandbox game. Everything in the game has to live its own life without being tied to the strength of your character. Imagine that your super-strong character has died and you continue to play for his heir, who is still weak - and that all uniquely strong opponents in tournaments should disappear immediately?
There should be the scruffy tourney where everyone uses same armor and is for low renown, early game.
Then the Noble tourney where it's all lords and T4+ units in actual armor.
Then a special where elite fighters only participate with special, interesting prizes.
As time passes maybe new and stronger special gladiators could show up. I agree though, I don't want any automatic stuff based on your level or wealth.

Currently, Tournaments are an easy way to get decent gear
It's all garbage as of several builds ago now. Only the special horses are worth the time, everything else is junk.

While they are at it they should remove the spear and shield infantry combo too. I hate using a spear on foot so much that I no longer participate in Sturgian or Khuzait tournaments.

?
YES!!!!!!

My beef with arenas is the Khergit one. The arena is small and spawns close together, you can often end up dying two seconds after spawning if you catch an arrow and javelin at the same time, or a jav to the head. Frustrating.

?

Letting us pick our weapons would solve a lot of problems.

Back
Top Bottom