when can we expect next big update please

Users who are viewing this thread

i was wondering, when the game first came out it was updated daily now all i see lately are small fixes, now i understand we have the corona and all that stuff going on around the world and i'm not writing this to rush the devs in any way shape or form but can we please get a idea of what they working on right now and some short of rough eta for next update and what it suppose to bring us please?

i was wondering, when the game first came out it was updated daily now all i see lately are small fixes, now i understand we have the corona and all that stuff going on around the world and i'm not writing this to rush the devs in any way shape or form but can we please get a idea of what they working on right now and some short of rough eta for next update and what it suppose to bring us please?
They are too busy spending the millions EA money they have earned while laughing uncontrollably at the fact that EA allows them to get people to actually pay them to test their game. TaleWorlds are so unethical and disrespectful of their fanbase that it almost defied belief.

If it doesn't get din by next week I think they need to refractor the refractor, I mean if it's that bad to fix the bugs it made..... is it really going to better for future stuff or worse?

If it doesn't get din by next week I think they need to refractor the refractor, I mean if it's that bad to fix the bugs it made..... is it really going to better for future stuff or worse?
it's they are own game engine. but now need code refactoring again. is they are huge update ? no :smile: just they earn the time to vacation.

Too many frustrated guys in this forum... You should make something interesting with your lifes instead being here flaming all the day :wink:

To the OP: They say they were working at the same time in new content. I would not expect however nothing new in the next patch, but that doesnt mean they wont do it in the near future.

Too many frustrated guys in this forum... You should make something interesting with your lifes instead being here flaming all the day :wink:

Sure, everyone who isn´t a fanboy and praises everything TW does is failing in life. This argument makes total sense.

You should be reported for this.

To the OP: They say they were working at the same time in new content. I would not expect however nothing new in the next patch, but that doesnt mean they wont do it in the near future.

Yeah, that's the way of internet. While the game is in EA, I'm going to spend my time focusing on other things because I'm 100% confident the first month after release I'm going to be spending most of my time in Calradia.

It's early access, some people understand the context but these days it's easy to get spoiled and expect a certain standard even from EA releases. I'm not saying that it's inherently good or bad, it's just how it is. Certainly the whole phenomenom is good for consumers. With such a highly anticipated and long awaited game, I think it's only reasonable that some people are going to get disappointed or even angry because it's not a finished product. I say reasonable, but really I mean understandable. The other side of the coin is the fact that nowadays people expect constant stream of grand updates to the game whilst it's in EA. Which is, again, not the consumer's fault, it's just guided by experience because a lot of highly appraised indie games have had a very exciting EA cycle.

That's not to say that it's okay to spam the forums with "TW is greedy and bad and don't care" messages.

Obviously most consumers have no grasp on how big of an undertaking a project like this really is. I know I don't. Even smaller games with very limited scope - which I have some familiarity with - are actually very hard to really understand how much resources it takes both physically and mentally from the managers, devs and artists, not to mention monetarily or organization-wise from the company's perspective. And it's understandable, most people never really see behind the scenes. Why would they? It's of no concern to the consumer and it shouldn't be.

I think EA has served TW well but I also think that it has put a lot of unneeded pressure on them.

I haven't followed the process lately, I've had my own problems with the crazy state the world is in right now and even if we are starting to get to the better side of the corona thing - hopefully so - the fallout has been pretty heavy. I can only imagine the same to be true for everyone at TW.

Which makes me a bit sad to see comments and posts like these. It's all perfectly understandable but I can't help but think that even if they do their best to filter out all the negativity, someone at some point will come in touch with some of it and get discouraged/feel responsible and it'll only serve to make things worse. Logically you'd think that the devs especially would avoid most contact with the social media and forums but I bet that it's not that easy especially if you're passionate about what you're doing. Being human is not always the most logical thing.

And I have to say - again, I haven't been following that closely so this is all just based on the contents of this thread - if the people behind the curtains are really taking a vacation, that only makes me feel happy and relieved for them. I can't imagine the depths of the pressure they've been having with this EA cycle in combination with the world's situation. And having to deal with the absolutely nuts expectations for the game (which are of course perfectly understandable as most people have been waiting for the game for nigh a decade) and the EA progress alike.

I truly wish everyone's well and I hope to see the game once it's actually released.

Too many frustrated guys in this forum... You should make something interesting with your lifes instead being here flaming all the day
Oh, the irony of seeing you criticizing people for posting on a forum... while yourself posting on a forum to complain.

Maybe you should make something interesting of your life? :grin:

To answer the actual question here; ItalianSpartacus (a popular Bannerlord streamer) gets a little insider knowledge and he said it should be coming this week - likely either Wednesday (so today) or Thursday.

However

This may not be the big patch yet - the dev's did say there was a smaller patch coming first. This might be that. Either way looks like the refactoring is basically done and we will probably be back on track shortly.

there is only suffering arising and suffering passing away
Also, did they say that? I though they're juts fixing stuff they broke atm.

Depending on the patch i may try and opt for a refund. As much as i like taleworlds and bannerlord this ea is wayyyyyy too slow.

Maybe its releasing today with a lot of new content.

Or next week with no new content other than 2 new perks lol.

I see opinions on the current state of the game seem to come in only two flavors:
The EA is broken, patches have become infrequent therefore TW bad
TW awesome no matter what, therefore first flavor bad

The second point is not without a solid supporting argument: that being that this is an EA game and we knew darn well it was an EA game and it would be buggy, broken, maybe even a bit unstable.

I would agree wholeheartedly except for one, tiny detail: the purchase price.

Back when the original M&B released, the purchase price reflected the state of the game. I got in for $16. The game, at that point, had the odd crash bug, very little content (the only town was Zendar, and the only parties you could encounter were a few River Pirates and the Manhunters who were inexplicably hostile) and was already behind the times in graphics. But the new gameplay style hinted at great potential so we played, tested, reported bugs and brought more people in by word-of-mouth (I'd heard of the game on the beta forums for the original Age of Conan MMO). Each new patched-up version they released came at a higher price, slowly approaching release price, making those that got in earlier really happy they got a good deal despite the bugs.

Where this differs now is that the game released at full price. NO, a 10$ discount is not an EA price; that's a promotional sale off a full price. I bought in thinking that the higher price meant the product was more developed than that old original M&B I paid half of a purchase price for. Instead, the opposite was the case. I paid full price for late, cold pizza. I am getting LESS for my money.

IF the price had reflected the QA state of the product, I'd be happy with frequent crashes as that would be me helping them test.
IF the product was at a state at least PLAYABLE (crash to desktop is unplayable), I'd be happy with a higher price as it would be me getting to play a game early with a few *minor* bugs but overall still a releasable product.
IF T.W. were to show some awareness that they majorly messed up on this, that what they launched wasn't worth $40 or even $30, and even offered a mild apology, I'd be happy with the screw-up of the two preceding conditions.

NONE of these is true.

T.W. shows not even the slightest care (that I've seen, correct me if I'm wrong) that they gave us less for our money. Patching pace has slowed DRAMATICALLY, in fact, showing if anything a CONTEMPT for the fact that we paid more for less.

EA is not a privilege for the gamer, except in the rare cases an EA game launches with just some final polish needed (again, not the case here). EA for a broken, unstable and heavily buggy game is a boon for the developer to get massive testing across multiple platform configurations. WE are helping THEM, not the other way round.

Asking full price for a true testing EA is unethical.

Nin3 has already stated that 80% of combat parameters will be changing shortly, so we can expect that in the update.

Back
Top Bottom