SP SUBMOD - Pendor Rearmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Last Edit: 29, August 2022

Current Version 2.4

This submod is not save game compatible!

Download Link on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6367/

Contents:
  1. Installation Instructions
  2. Introduction
  3. What to Expect when Playing Pendor Rearmed
  4. New Bits of Lore
  5. List of Tweaks Used
  6. Changelog
  7. Credits
- First download Prophesy of Pendor 3.9.5 (https://www.moddb.com/mods/saxondragon/downloads;https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php).
- Then find warbands main directory (usually found at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband).
- Extract Prophesy of Pendor 3.9.5 into the modules folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules).
- Rename it to Pendor Rearmed (this is not mandatory but will help keep the submod's save files separate from the original module's).
- Then download the submod.
- And lastly extract the submodules files into your Pendor Rearmed folder, overwritting when asked to.

(PS: I tried to include only the txt files that have been modified so as to to make this compatible with any other graphical submods, but I personally do not use them)

The submod has an optional file named "Unaltered Bows and Crossbows" that reverts all changes made to both weapon types, so they'll have their original PoP stats. In order to install the optional file simply extract its contents into the pendor rearmed folder and overwrite when asked to

2. Introduction:

- Pendor Rearmed is a submod for Prophesy of Pendor v3.9.5 that aims to rebalance all major and minor faction units, change the stats of some armors/weapons and also includes some tweaks present at https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks.

- Also to make some things clear:

The submod alters units stats and gear, but not their level (also no new units have been created) so the autocalc balance (For AI battles) that has been so carefully adjusted by the Prophesy of Pendor developers has not been altered.

Although you may not be familiar with some of the armors used by some units they were all already present within Prophesy of Pendor v3.9.5 and no items have been added.

6367-1631129150-1195321287.png

6367-1631129159-26530087.png

6367-1631129160-11325012.png

6367-1631129135-2019439658.png

6367-1631129140-421364214.png

6367-1631129143-2009861613.png

6367-1631129149-912549276.png

6367-1631129165-157797375.png
6367-1631129170-107839655.png

6367-1631129179-807990798.png

6367-1631129187-1761563670.png

6367-1631129189-1269332126.png
6367-1631129199-1028940067.png

6367-1631129200-623801869.png

6367-1631129208-1738404694.png

2. What to expect when playing Pendor Rearmed:

- Ranged units, although still powerful, have a slower firing rate and elite archers deal slightly less damage with each hit, so in order for them to be effective the player must keep them safe during battle.

- Bows have been rebalanced with these core ideas in mind:

Footmen Bows: Used by infantry only, cheaper, highest range and damage, slower firing rate.

Horse Archer Bows: Usable on horseback, more expensive, lower damage per shot and range.

The high tier bows of each type will have similar damage output, magical and unique bows will outperform all others.

- Crossbows have retained their high damage, but are now slower to reload.

- Swords are commonly wielded by high level units and nobles, with exceptions made in order to fit the cultural themes of some factions. The increase in popularity with hammers, maces and polearms happened due to PoP being set in a world with plate armor being widely used, so weapons designed to be good against said armor were made more common.

- Main faction units received cultural named gear (such as sarleon padded armor, fiersvain mail and etc.) that weren't being used before and their recruits are better equipped. Some units also had their roles in battle altered.

- Hateful and minor faction units also had changes to their gear and roles, such as the mystmountain raiders fighting mostly on foot, and the vanskerries using more modern armor.

- Some melee weapons received another attack option (two handed axes can thrust, boar spears can slash and etc.) and had their stats altered.

- Many tweaks from the https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks page have been added. Check the list of Tweaks spoiler tag for more detailed information.

3. "New bits of Lore"
(The following units used to be the young noble adventurers)

- Sarleon Foot Knights/Squires:

These young noblemen favor fighting on foot in order to complement the weak infantry line of their homeland, they train day and night hoping to one day join the ranks of the wealthy commanders of Sarleon.

- Ravenstern Noble Archers:

The bow has always been a weapon of prestige in the northern lands of Pendor, the famous archers of the Kingdom of Ravenstern rain arrows on their enemies with unmatched precision and have won the northern lords many battles in recent years. Many of the young nobles in the kingdom have taken to becoming rangers, some do it for fame and money, others for their country and loved ones, but regardless of the reason, these men should be feared for their skill.

- Fierdsvain Wolf Warriors:

Young men amongst the fierdsvain have recently been joining this mysterious brotherhood of crazed axemen, who make use of ointments and concoctions in order to eliminate the fear all men feel before a battle. The wisest Jarls amongst the Fierdsvain have made good use of these warriors, who above all else seek death in battle, so the winds of HafSigla will carry them into the afterlife.

- D'Shar Mamlukes:

The lands of Kadan Bahadur Khan make use of elite slave warriors called Mamlukes, these men are harshly trained from a young age and well equipped by their masters, a rare luxury for a slave soldier. The mamlukes are employed as heavy shock cavalry by the southern lords in order to complement their fast moving skirmisher cavalry.

- Baccus Adventurers:

Nobles of the fallen empire have flocked to Pendor in order to avoid persecution by the snake cult. With their homelands destroyed, and any prestige or wealth their families once held lost, these young men have taken to adventuring in new lands. Although they aren't members of the legion they serve in the armies of Marius Imperator as mounted crossbowmen.

List of tweaks included from https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks#Tweak_1_a

Tweak 1 a) To change the chances of capturing unique spawn leaders and lords, and view or remove the predetermined chances - credits to VonDegurechaff, Vetrogor and Dalion

Tweak 1 f) To change the party limit and growth rate of Eyegrim the Devourer - credits to lconracl and Dalion

Tweak 1 r) To make militia patrols able to join you in fights against common enemies - credits to Vetrogor

Tweak 2 j) To be able to create KO chapters in any walled fief (of your own kingdom) - credits to SirArtyr, Leonion and VonDegurechaff

Tweak 2 l) To enable dismantling KO chapters in any of your own faction's walled fiefs - credits to Fuyushi

Tweak 2 q) To fix the issue of KOs not keeping track of previous promotion rewards you are entitled to once you reach the next rank - credits to Countyboar

Tweak 2 r) To make KO units give you their full equipment upon asking to buy their armor sets - credits to BananaFruit

Tweak 2 t) To be able to train sergeants too with the default training and adjust the stats given to both them and knights - credits to Dalion

Tweak 4 f) To remove the renown decay - credits to BananaFruit

Tweak 5 b) To make Inquisition rightfully hostile towards Singalians and Outlaws too

Tweak 9 c) To fix the bug of sally-outs requiring you to stay conscious in order to win - credits to Dalion

Tweak 10 a) To reassign archers, crossbowmen and arquebusiers to the division of your choice after depleting their ammo - credits to Vetrogor and Caba'drin

Tweak 11 c) To fix the problem about loot depending on the order of troops killed - credits to Vetrogor, Tingyun and rubik

Tweak 12 a) To change the base income (rents) from towns, castles and villages - credits to Alex Toews

Tweak 13 r) To change the amount and kind of recruits you can hire from villages - credits to TheMageLord, Dalion and Leonion

Tweak 16 a) To disable unhappy companions from leaving your party - credits to Leonion, BananaFruit and Dalion

Tweak 16 b) To enable the "we hang deserters" option to convince companions to stay in your party

Tweak 16 l) To add bodyguard companions into scenes - credits to Vetrogor and Caba'drin

Tweak 21 k) To relocate Sange Safid and Tuldar Fortress to more appropriate locations - credits to Dalion

(PS: Specific changes such as: "x" infantry unit received "y" items are not included)

2.4 Update (This version is NOT save game compatible with the older versions of the submod):

- Storm Sisters had their equipment changed, they now have tridents and their original shield, a hornbow and bodkin arrows. They also received the old kraken platemail as body armour.

- Kraken Platemail had its stast slightly nerfed.

- Kraken Riddari received a dragosnpine axe as a melee option. They also wear only the kraken platemail with surcoat.

- Pendor Royal Steed had its speed buffed.

- All Bows had their stats revised.

- Tweak 2 r) "To make KO units give you their full equipment upon asking to buy their armor sets" added.

Overall:
- Bows and crossbows slower to reload
- Higher quality bows received a small nerf to their stats
- Throwing weapons are now slower to... throw
- Bandit camps had their troop numbers reduced
- Faction recruits get better gear, spears and shields are now more common amongst low level troops
- Amount of troops recruited from fiefs increased
- Amount of mercenaries avaliable in taverns increased
- Expect to see more axes, hammers, maces and polearms amongst main faction units
- Skirmishers mostly use one handed weapons
- Warhammers can now do a thrust attack
- Boar spear now has a swing attack
- Several Two handed axes received thrust attack
- Fiefs generate more money
- Enterprises generate more money
- Added tweaks from https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaking_guide (check list in topic 5).

Sarleon:
- Ranged units have a mix of bows/crossbows
- Maces added to cavalry
- Rogue knights added to noble upgrade path
- Rogue knights changed to heavy infantry

Ravenstern:
- Horseman use blue heater shields
- Infantry occasionaly use two handed weapons
- Rogue knights changed to heavy archers

Fierdsvain:
- Skirmishers now use bows only
- Fierdsvain Berserker had their stats nerfed, changed gear to make them into elite heavy infantry
- Nobles use a mix of swords and curved axes
- Rogue knights changed to heavy shock infantry
- Valdis Huscarls changed into heavy infantry

Baccus Empire:
- Gladiator turned into Empire Centurion (elite heavy infantry)
- Cavalry now use Lances and lost their crossbows
- Nobles start as infantry and upgrade into Empire Knights

D'shar:
- Nobles turned into horse archers
- Rogue Knights changed to heavy shock cavalry

Pendor:
- Spearmen turned into Halberdiers
- Bladesmen line had their names changed and may spawn with a spear

Kraken Cultists:
- Storm Sisters are now an archer unit and had their armor changed
- Riddari only use the Kraken Platemail with Surcoat

Lady Valkyries:
- Lady Eiherjars are now skirmisher cavalry
- Both sergeants and knights had their gear altered

Vanskerries:
- Lower level unit acts as a skirmisher
- High level units are heavy infantry similar to the Fierdsvain
- Queen agnus freeboters are now skirmisher cavalry
- All units had their armor/weapons changed

Singalians:
- Spearman looses the poleaxe

Mystymountain Raiders:
- Changed units to fight on foot, with the exception of Shamans and Wolfbode's personal troops
- Lowest level unit is now an archer
- Shamans and Berserkers have jarids
- Weapons and armor changed for all units

Inquisition:
- War priests carry shields
- Weapon changes to most units

Rogue Knights:
- Sarleon Rogue knight is now a foot knight unit
- Ravenstern Rogue Knight is now a foot archer unit
- Fierdsvain Rogue knight turned into heavy shock infantry
- D'shar Rogue Knight is now a heavy shock cavalry unit
- Baccus Rogue Knight turned into mounted crossbowmen

All credits go to Pendor's Delevopment team and to the various authors who provided the tweaks present in the guide https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaking_guide

K0nr@d (Head Develeoper, item design, coder, jack-of-all-trades)

MitchyMatt (Senior Developer, game design, writing, Community Management)

Gorvex (game design, major tester)

Latis (game design, major tester, Chinese Liaison, Co-translator for Chinese)

Ralyks (game design, major tester, PoP Wikia Manager)

Snouz (Promotional Art, coder, scene editting, textures)

Testers:

Snouz

Ethreon / UnDeadPuff

Madman666

Leonion

Serazu

Ev (discord co-manager)

Sgt. Tuvok / Elensil the Numenorean

Raviollius

Blackcat

Ætherious

Kokalo

Lord Irontoe

Trailer:

Snouz

Special Thanks to the following:

Cozur
(ACOK resources)

Jun Yue (君悦) (AI scripts: "lancer fix", "enhanced horse archers AI")

Dusk Voyager (script CKO equip all items from inventory)

ha3481 (new mountain texture)

Lucky Lancer (Training scenes)

Ohagi-junT ("PoP Adaptation files for Prophesy of Pendor3.7063")

Leonion (texture "Overhaul of weapons2.dds - 2k HiRes")

Necturus (scene items)

Fire&Blood (corrected AI mesh pathfinding on some castle siege scenes - used as a base for further sieges improvements)

Last edited:
I prefer next time you let us know that you are making a submod because you are using assets from our mod itself. Plus I see no credits listed anywhere from where you got tweaks nor the PoP team. This matters when you upload stuff to things like Nexus. So please add them.

I prefer next time you let us know that you are making a submod because you are using assets from our mod itself. Plus I see no credits listed anywhere from where you got tweaks nor the PoP team. This matters when you upload stuff to things like Nexus. So please add them.
This is my first time posting something like this so i apologize for any inconveniences, i'll make sure to add all the necessary credits until tomorrow.

Edit: I believe all necessary changes have been made. Again i apologize for any troble i may have caused

Last edited:
Hi Ldsantana, You got my attention with this submod. Is it save compatible though? I'm about to copy-paste the files. I didn't see any readme note, It'd be more pro if You attached one. Regards.

Hi Ldsantana, You got my attention with this submod. Is it save compatible though? I'm about to copy-paste the files. I didn't see any readme note, It'd be more pro if You attached one. Regards.
Due to the fact unit skills were changed it will not be save-game compatible, some of the tweaks responsible for stopping companions leaving might be affected, but i included another tweak with the dialogue option to say "We hang Deserters in this company" in case something like that happens.

I'll check, but if that submod doesnt alter any of the txt files present in Pendor Rearmed it should be compatible

EDIT: After a brief check i believe it to be compatible with Polished landscapes
Should I install Rearmed last? Because some files are overwritten by polished landscapes

Hi, I tried this mod because I really liked the idea. Love PoP but some things really get on my nerves, first and foremost severely overpowered archery and firing longbows from horses.

Seems to work quite well but some of the bow stats are puzzling me. The short horn bow which can be used mounted does more damage and with far greater speed than the foot bows. Am I missing something here? From the way I am reading the stats the hornbow (for example) seems strictly superior to any of the footman bows.

*edit - Nevermind, noticed the short bows are cutting damage. Duh!

Works great, feels like you are actually wearing armor (!) when it comes to projectiles. Makes infantry useful! Makes cool two handed heavy armor troops useful! High tier archers with heavy crossbows or longbows still dangerous and useful but no longer machine guns, I still use archers all the time and they are more fun to use properly. Also a javelin to the face will still ruin your day, and the noldor will smash your entire line if you let them have an open firing line, but armor actually does something.

I use this mod with the horse archer ai and it balances very well to make HAs harassing troops to disrupt enemy formations and pick light troops but not jeeps with anti-material rifles.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hi, I tried this mod because I really liked the idea. Love PoP but some things really get on my nerves, first and foremost severely overpowered archery and firing longbows from horses.

Seems to work quite well but some of the bow stats are puzzling me. The short horn bow which can be used mounted does more damage and with far greater speed than the foot bows. Am I missing something here? From the way I am reading the stats the hornbow (for example) seems strictly superior to any of the footman bows.

*edit - Nevermind, noticed the short bows are cutting damage. Duh!

Works great, feels like you are actually wearing armor (!) when it comes to projectiles. Makes infantry useful! Makes cool two handed heavy armor troops useful! High tier archers with heavy crossbows or longbows still dangerous and useful but no longer machine guns, I still use archers all the time and they are more fun to use properly. Also a javelin to the face will still ruin your day, and the noldor will smash your entire line if you let them have an open firing line, but armor actually does something.

I use this mod with the horse archer ai and it balances very well to make HAs harassing troops to disrupt enemy formations and pick light troops but not jeeps with anti-material rifles.

Thanks a lot!
Glad you enjoyed it man! I have recently uploaded Version 2.0 of the Submod (I hope this is the final version) and also added the new troop tree images both here and on the nexus. The entire submod has been essentially remade from scratch so feel free to check it out in case you're still playing warband.

Ldsantana I was playing your Rearmed Submod today and went to check the POP Option Menu and found a problem(small bug)!
I can't scroll down all the way in the POP Option Menu. It stop at "Important news only". I can scroll up but I can't scroll down pass this point. The "Play Companion Dialog" Option is completely hidden. All I see is the edge of the Tick Box.
I check the POP Option Menu on the Original Prophersy of Pendor 3.9.5 unmodified Version and I can still scroll down to the "Play Companion Dialog" Option.
I can continue Playing the Submod because it is a very minor bug and I Like what the changes the Submod made to The PoP Mod but please fix it for future user!

Screen Shot of the PoP Option in the Rearmed Submod
cIh-S.png

Screen Shot of the PoP Option in Original Prophesy of Pendor 3.9.5 unmodified Version!
TK4vG.png

Last edited:
Dalion from Prophesy of Pendor Discord Server has already provides me with a fix much thanks to him.

Yes. Author skipped this step while implementing tweak 10 a). If you open his presentations.txt it's still 790. Replace it with 830 and you will be able to scroll further. And please, when playing with tweaks/submods don't report any bugs here. Go to #submod-tweaks instead. Devs are not responsible of what you are installing on top.
4FFiR.png

Last edited:
Another Question from me!
Is the Rearmed Submod compatible with the Halfsword+Mordhau+Handgun Addon/Submod ?
Or am I too greedy trying to Combine all Submods into one?

Last edited:
Another Question from me!
Is the Rearmed Submod compatible with the Halfsword+Mordhau+Handgun Addon/Submod ?
Or am I too greedy trying to Combine all Submods into one?
The only way to make it compatible would be to isolate all the changes contained within itemkinds.txt and troops.txt from the halfsword submod and copy them line by line into Pedor Rearmed.

Last edited:
Been playing this for a few weeks now. Well done. I really appreciate how you've diversified the noble troop lines.
I would ask that you reconsider the balance, tavern frequency, & levels of your mid-range new nobles (Ravenstern Noble Archers, Wolf Warriors, etc). The fact that you can personally train Ulfhedinn and Noble Wardens at level 20 (or with a 20 companion) is a much more effective option than any other mercenary hire. And the fact that they're as abundant in taverns makes it ridiculously easy to acquire huge stacks of the starter troop.

My complaint is basically that the adventurer replacements you made are OP across the board. It's almost trivial to find a stack of Rogue Squire equivalents, train them to 250+ proficiencies, and use them to constitute the majority of your army early game.

I don't think enough playtesting went into this personally. The new rogue nobles are fun, but utterly decimate other troops. It's clear you intended to make them strong, which is fine, but if they're this strong, they shouldn't be so easy to acquire and train.

My recommendation would be to increase the troop level of all of the new rogue noble troops. Then on top of that, reduce their frequency somewhat within taverns, in lieu of more common mercenaries like Singalians, Mercenaries, Maidens, and the Warden/Sheriff line. You may also want to look at reducing Veteran Ulfhedinn throwing skill, and perhaps Ravenstern Noble Archer archery skill. They both make mincemeat out of pretty much everything else they face.

I've not acquired many Mamlukes, so no comment besides the same leveling request. Sarleon Foot Knights, besides leveling, are fine since they don't have a throwing weapon.

Been playing this for a few weeks now. Well done. I really appreciate how you've diversified the noble troop lines.
I would ask that you reconsider the balance, tavern frequency, & levels of your mid-range new nobles (Ravenstern Noble Archers, Wolf Warriors, etc). The fact that you can personally train Ulfhedinn and Noble Wardens at level 20 (or with a 20 companion) is a much more effective option than any other mercenary hire. And the fact that they're as abundant in taverns makes it ridiculously easy to acquire huge stacks of the starter troop.

My complaint is basically that the adventurer replacements you made are OP across the board. It's almost trivial to find a stack of Rogue Squire equivalents, train them to 250+ proficiencies, and use them to constitute the majority of your army early game.

I don't think enough playtesting went into this personally. The new rogue nobles are fun, but utterly decimate other troops. It's clear you intended to make them strong, which is fine, but if they're this strong, they shouldn't be so easy to acquire and train.

My recommendation would be to increase the troop level of all of the new rogue noble troops. Then on top of that, reduce their frequency somewhat within taverns, in lieu of more common mercenaries like Singalians, Mercenaries, Maidens, and the Warden/Sheriff line. You may also want to look at reducing Veteran Ulfhedinn throwing skill, and perhaps Ravenstern Noble Archer archery skill. They both make mincemeat out of pretty much everything else they face.

I've not acquired many Mamlukes, so no comment besides the same leveling request. Sarleon Foot Knights, besides leveling, are fine since they don't have a throwing weapon.
I beg to differ,

IMO the troops you mention are not OP. Besides, Ravenstern Noble Archers and Ulfhedinns lack shields. That makes them vulnerable. Try them in an attack on a RB cache and you will see what I mean. Training them up also takes a fairly long time.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I think the lack of shields would be a point in your favor if archery and crossbows weren't nerfed as part of the mod. 2h weapon users make it to the enemy infantry line much more often than in the root mod due to this, all other things equal. Protecting ranged infantry is largely trivial.
My point about leveling them up is that the rogue nobles have the same 20-35/40 gap that proper nobles have. This should not be the case. Rogue nobles are far and away easier to acquire, especially since the mod author increased tavern spawns to...2x? 4x? what you'd see in the root mod.
So you can get literally dozens of some of the top archers & 2hers in the game for trivial prices with a lv20 trainer. It makes early game too easy and dilutes the power of lordship.

Back
Top Bottom