New Content since release analysis

Users who are viewing this thread

This should be the first port of call if you don't want to contribute anymore to the project.

Classic fanboy. "If you don't worship TW and think Bannerlord is the best thing ever, delete your forum profile". Protip: Echo chambers are not conducive to balanced discussions or product improvement.

Not that the forum profile has any value, it's not like there's dev involvement or game updates to be had. Which is why I only bother to check in here once a week or so (and no I don't play the game any more either).

Classic fanboy. "If you don't worship TW and think Bannerlord is the best thing ever, delete your forum profile". Protip: Echo chambers are not conducive to balanced discussions or product improvement.
Hey that's not what I am saying. But I do regret posting that. I since made a vow not to comment on threads I don't agree with. No point bumping things you don't like and better for my own mental health on this forum I'd say!

However all i was trying to say is this. If you still want to project to be a success then jump in and provide that critical feedback. I will probably agree with most of it and support it! Myself I just made a thread asking people want they need to see in v1.5 - I think that was very positive. If you don't like the game though and don't see it improving; no need to hang round. Make your peace, leave your review and move on. I don't hate you for that - in fact its very understandable.

Basically pick a side. Either try to improve the game (being critical by all means - that doesn't mean saying everything is fine) or if you can't see it getting better leave the game. Don't try to do both; that's not good for anyone.

By your own signature;
Be constructive, but merciless.
If you can't be constructive then move on. That's all I'm saying; and if your signature is your own words then I don't see how you can disagree with that - even if we don't see eye-to-eye.

Regardless I am not going to argue about it so going to leave it there. Said all I have to say - don't want to throw any more toxin into this forum; it's already bursting with it.

Last edited:
However all i was trying to say is this. If you still want to project to be a success then jump in and provide that critical feedback. I will probably agree with most of it and support it!

Fair enough. Well, I can't say I've seen any sign of critical feedback having been taken aboard*, though I guess it's possible. I do think the boat has sailed on this EA phase being anything but an abysmal failure (except financially) however. I'd love to be wrong about that, but so far have seen no reason to be particularly optimistic.
*I don't mean "followed to the letter", just that it has been registered and put forward to the decision makers.

If you can't be constructive then move on. That's all I'm saying; and if your signature is your own words then I don't see how you can disagree with that - even if we don't see eye-to-eye.

It's a rewrite (one might say dig at) a similar signature I saw around here, albeit one with the opposite opinion (no criticism allowed, it's EA, all the usual excuses). Incidentally I have moved on, largely, I just pop in occasionally (about once a week) to check for progress/updates, non-existent though they usually are, and if there's a response to something I posted, I might look at that. Or not. Depends on time available.

don't want to throw any more toxin into this forum; it's already bursting with it.

Yeah, true, and while I'm probably not helping the situation any, part of the reason why I have been "extreme" in my posting is the very toxic response given to anyone who dared to criticize has received - usually in the form of belittling their intelligence, judgment or financial prowess. Tilting at windmills may be an accurate reference, there.

Yeah, true, and while I'm probably not helping the situation any, part of the reason why I have been "extreme" in my posting is the very toxic response given to anyone who dared to criticize has received - usually in the form of belittling their intelligence, judgment or financial prowess.
yeah well theres too much crap going in both directions - and I'm guilty of making it worse. I'm not gonna do that anymore; it's not worth it.

Fair enough. Well, I can't say I've seen any sign of critical feedback having been taken aboard*, though I guess it's possible. I do think the boat has sailed on this EA phase being anything but an abysmal failure (except financially) however. I'd love to be wrong about that, but so far have seen no reason to be particularly optimistic.
*I don't mean "followed to the letter", just that it has been registered and put forward to the decision makers.

It's a rewrite (one might say dig at) a similar signature I saw around here, albeit one with the opposite opinion (no criticism allowed, it's EA, all the usual excuses). Incidentally I have moved on, largely, I just pop in occasionally (about once a week) to check for progress/updates, non-existent though they usually are, and if there's a response to something I posted, I might look at that. Or not. Depends on time available.

Yeah, true, and while I'm probably not helping the situation any, part of the reason why I have been "extreme" in my posting is the very toxic response given to anyone who dared to criticize has received - usually in the form of belittling their intelligence, judgment or financial prowess. Tilting at windmills may be an accurate reference, there.
I'd have to disagree on your first point, being someone who has provided critical feedback and seen it implemented. I think the main issue is people complaining about their feedback not being heard, but literally not posting in the correct forum locations or without sufficient amount of details/supporting data and potential solutions for the devs to actually use or base their own solutions off of. A lot of people also misunderstand that just because a dev doesn't respond to your post doesn't mean it hasn't been looked at and considered.

If you want to see a member doing the job of EA testing correctly, while being critical and also solution oriented, check out Bannerman Man. If more of us were like him, the game could go really far and more devs might be willing to work with us. I can understand the majority of devs not wanting to interact with the forums considering how toxic it is and how fast people think they are speaking for the entire company when it's just their opinion.

Last edited:
and more devs might be willing to work with us. I can understand the majority of devs not wanting to interact with the forums considering how toxic it is and how fast people think they are speaking for the entire company when it's just their opinion

I've seen this opinion a lot, and I must say I disagree. The individual devs being part of the forum or not is between them and their employer, but TW as a company owes us a lot more than they're currently giving in terms of community presence and interaction. Particularly since it was an express promise in their EA announcement.

I've seen this opinion a lot, and I must say I disagree. The individual devs being part of the forum or not is between them and their employer, but TW as a company owes us a lot more than they're currently giving in terms of community presence and interaction. Particularly since it was an express promise in their EA announcement.
We don't disagree here at all. But its been stated that Devs are free to come say what they want, they are choosing to not. To be fair to the community managers they tell us when there is something to be said, not much to say when you've been refactoring and bug fixing. They already said only to expect as much progress made as the previous patch because they've had to back track so much. Its just a slow situation all around, when patches were weekly we got weekly communication.

10/10 Bannerlord

Don't put me into your narrative with saying things like "player count dropped, so the game must be actually bad despite the reviews".
I for myself am just waiting for new updates before investing time again. Would be a shame to start a campaign just to start anew to be able to play the update. This does not mean the game is bad.

Why buy it if you don't like it? Refund it, end of discussion. Trying your luck with far-fetched criticsm of "this game is alpha" will probably and hopefully not come a long way.

So annoying to come to the forum only to see some unconstructive stuff from "recruits". No offense, of course this might not say much, but when the reviews say that most people are happy with the game, perhaps you just had wrong expectations.
If this is not enough content for those of you who feel that the game is "alpha", you should try only to expect that what you see on the steam page and nothing more. "Oh no, but my moneys worth"... well allow me to say, that your money is not that much money after all and you get constant entertainment from a game of this magnitude. The amount of work that goes into development is immens and if you are not able to make a educated purchase, I'd say maybe your money was not that much worth to you. Imagine putting time, which could be used to earn money f.e., into this forum to criticize the game for not being your moneys worth. Ironic.
+1

The problem is not criticising the game, but the toxic nonsense that often comes with it. Toxic nonsense often leads to toxic replies.

If I would say that battles feel too short (and ideally state the reason and a potential solution for that) I guess that many people would agree with me. And even if not, they would probably respect my opinion as long as I respect theirs.
If I would say that the game is a scam, the developer should sell it to Electronic Arts and everyone who disagrees with me is a brainwashed cultist, I would probably get a different response.

I gave it a high review on steam because it is FAR more playable than the many other EA titles i am currently backing and i can see it has the skeleton foundation of a great game. Nothing more.

I think they are simply more vary of telling anything because of their experience before EA release. They told us too many promises which they couldn't do due to unforeseen issues they encountered, which caused everyone to become frustrated, for example when they announced that they might be finishing game in "2017", or announcing game's development itself, they were all rushed without too much consideration. Constant delays only made people more frustrated rather than silence would have.

What sort of presence do you want? Constant posts that "we are here, we are still working"? They kind of do that, we know that they expect to release a new patch soon, but again, they don't know when exactly this will happen, and what will it contain, maybe part of their team will get something fixed, other won't because of some hard to find bugs, they can't tell you what the next patch will contain because they don't know it themselves, same with release.

This is something I saw with No Mans Sky, where too much was promised and everyone was left angry, then devs did 180 and stayed silent not communicating at all, and that saved their game, because instead of promising more stuff they couldn't do, they just fixed the game.

I think they are simply more vary of telling anything because of their experience before EA release. They told us too many promises which they couldn't do due to unforeseen issues they encountered, which caused everyone to become frustrated, for example when they announced that they might be finishing game in "2017", or announcing game's development itself, they were all rushed without too much consideration. Constant delays only made people more frustrated rather than silence would have.

What sort of presence do you want? Constant posts that "we are here, we are still working"? They kind of do that, we know that they expect to release a new patch soon, but again, they don't know when exactly this will happen, and what will it contain, maybe part of their team will get something fixed, other won't because of some hard to find bugs, they can't tell you what the next patch will contain because they don't know it themselves, same with release.

This is something I saw with No Mans Sky, where too much was promised and everyone was left angry, then devs did 180 and stayed silent not communicating at all, and that saved their game, because instead of promising more stuff they couldn't do, they just fixed the game.
Exactly if NMS showed us anything, its possible for a gaming studio to listen to the community without responding to them. NMS said there would not be multiplayer, instead they listened to the community and implemented it without anyone knowing it until it dropped. They even hired a puzzle company to create a insane online puzzle for people to get the smallest details about the potential update, instead of talking to us. I no longer believe a company needs to be actively participating in conversation with its players to hear and implement their feedback. Y'all should just be happy we aren't doing cryptic ****ing puzzles for info about updates lol.

Personally I would just like a more concrete and detailed list of content the devs plan to add to the game. The "Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine" was sadly far too vague.

If they could go "here is a list of the things we are currently working, the things we plan to do, and things we are no longer considering" that would be fantastic. Even if they said at the end that this could be years away. Simply keeping us updated on the progress of their work in a meaningful way would go a long way towards easing the tempers and concerns of the playerbase. I think most of us here don't mind waiting, what we mind is waiting in the dark.

And to the people saying that detractors are "entitled"
We all bought a game. We were therefore entitled to a product. As the game is early access I think you could easily argue that means being entitled to know how development is going in a clear and detailed manner.

For my own part I have only become a "detractor" in the last couple weeks. I agreed for the longest time that leniency was needed due to the state of the game and its stated progress. But after three months of what has essentially been nothing but bug fixes and now a 6 week pause for code refactoring I am also getting very concerned. I want to see this game succeed. I don't care if that means another 2 or 3 years to make it so. As long as they tell us that is going to be the cass.

Personally I would just like a more concrete and detailed list of content the devs plan to add to the game. The "Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine" was sadly far too vague.

If they could go "here is a list of the things we are currently working, the things we plan to do, and things we are no longer considering" that would be fantastic. Even if they said at the end that this could be years away. Simply keeping us updated on the progress of their work in a meaningful way would go a long way towards easing the tempers and concerns of the playerbase. I think most of us here don't mind waiting, what we mind is waiting in the dark.

And to the people saying that detractors are "entitled"
We all bought a game. We were therefore entitled to a product. As the game is early access I think you could easily argue that means being entitled to know how development is going in a clear and detailed manner.

For my own part I have only become a "detractor" in the last couple weeks. I agreed for the longest time that leniency was needed due to the state of the game and its stated progress. But after three months of what has essentially been nothing but bug fixes and now a 6 week pause for code refactoring I am also getting very concerned. I want to see this game succeed. I don't care if that means another 2 or 3 years to make it so. As long as they tell us that is going to be the cass.
I think your opinion is perfectly reasonable and not entitled at all. It's those who claim that they have been tricked and manipulated and demand a refund after they played for 400 hours who I would call entitled. And yes, I am not making this up.

Back
Top Bottom