Captain Streets of Syllianon

Users who are viewing this thread

streetsofsyllianon.png

Please leave all map-related feedback for Streets of Syllianon in this thread.

minimap_streets.jpg

Last edited:
v e1.0.8 - was standing on collums with my archers - below there was fight - and yet my archers just stood and only one of them were shooting. I get yterrly frustated - try to reposition them more inside the square and yet only one or two were able to shoot units below. I often see this issue were unit from above ground with - no direct path down ( so some rocks or clif) are decimated by archers from lower ground - because archers just stay idle.

Same on Druimmor Forest on C flag - archers staying there are wrecked by archers from B

It's such a pain playing as cavalry on this map, with the troops running into buildings. And it sucks to play in a khuzait vs. sturgia or empire matchup since they can close up all the narrow strrets and platforms much more effectively with their infantry.

Troops tend to get stuck in the bread market still (between B and a spawn area)

Archers standing near B struggle to aim at units (in range) at the top B courtyard area.

Multiple areas where players walk through wooden fences to hide. Not sure if that's intended or not.

This map is very bad. Needs to be much bigger. I have 452 wins in captains mode and everyone in my group hates this map. Only shock infantry every game. Games are decided mostly on dumb luck a few lucky swings or where the shock armies end up fighting. there is no tactics. for many weeks we simply started every round by hitting f1+f3 f4 in spawn with shock inf. 95% of rounds we would win. Please make all dimensions bigger.

By far the worst map in the rotation since it gives no account for tactics, and thus it spoils the game.
agree with @Maximus Cathode & @Grendelfromdc, I have over 300 wins in Captain mode.
The map devolves into a massed rush with shock infantry and is the least tactical of all the maps.

Here is how I would change the map.
1. some kind of long straight boulevard on even ground so that cavalry can become viable on the map.
2. towers and catwalks to stretch the map vertical so that archers can shoot down into infantry and become viable on the map.
3. increase the size of the map or decrease the number of choke points and narrow alleys so that tactical movement becomes viable.

Also, I hope you guys can release some of the single player maps, and do that before you 'fix' this one. We need more maps with different terrain variety. Rolling hills, forests, bridges, rivers, grassy plains are all missing from the current rotation. Please bring a handful of the single player maps over.
The more simplistic single player maps can not be more unbalanced than streets of syllianon. Syllianon is a broken map and I don't think you guys can actually 'fix' it without redoing the whole map.

the game play is rarely good, it's mostly infantry mass clashing into each other.
also, it's very dark and blue
the design is great, maybe it should be a muscle mass clash to death map
good for variation

Was this map removed from rotation? Haven't seen it at all recently.
Yes I believe so, thankfully , they are probably working on redesigning it or maybe removing it all together. I believe they said they were testing new maps for captain mode so i'm really looking forward to having more variety to play with.

Last edited:
Yes I believe so, thankfully , they are probably working on redesigning it or maybe removing it all together. I believe they said they were testing new maps for captain mode so i'm really looking forward to having more variety to play with.

While I'm not against a map rework I don't there are enough maps right now to be removing any for an indefinite period of time.

While I'm not against a map rework I don't there are enough maps right now to be removing any for an indefinite period of time.
Streets of Syllianon is already banned in captain mode tournaments, this removal honestly helps us a lot. The map in its current state does not fit the gamemode, nor does it present itself as a fair and balanced platform for all factions. The devs have heard our feedback regarding the issues plaguing the map, and im very glad theyve decided to act based on that feedback

Streets of Syllianon is already banned in captain mode tournaments, this removal honestly helps us a lot. The map in its current state does not fit the gamemode, nor does it present itself as a fair and balanced platform for all factions. The devs have heard our feedback regarding the issues plaguing the map, and im very glad theyve decided to act based on that feedback

Removing 25% of the map pool indefinitely hardly seems like the appropriate response in this situation.

Was this mentioned somewhere in patch notes that I missed? Otherwise if this is an undocumented change that makes even less sense.

Your right your highness, @bblzd we should have ran this by you first.

Map was horrible to play on once everyone has a bit of playtime and realised it’s just a mosh pit in the middle that decides who wins. If I want to play captain mode I want a bit of strategy, having (theoretically) a third of my games a bar brawl equivalent would eventually make me close the game. Removing it is the best course of action.

Your right your highness, @bblzd we should have ran this by you first.

Map was horrible to play on once everyone has a bit of playtime and realised it’s just a mosh pit in the middle that decides who wins. If I want to play captain mode I want a bit of strategy, having (theoretically) a third of my games a bar brawl equivalent would eventually make me close the game. Removing it is the best course of action.

Are you now advocating for undocumented changes being made to the game? A simple "we've removed X from rotation while we work on the balance" would suffice, no?

Personally I enjoy maps that have different play styles but more so than that, I enjoy having more than 3 maps in the game mode. It's not even replaced by another and Streets has been in the game since Closed Beta so why is it being removed arbitrarily now without a single word or reason? Leaving us to only speculate and defend/question the actions.

It would be nice if they let us know they removed it, but I'm glad they did. This map was such a drag. I only know one guy who kind of likes it. Its miserable. Keep it out of the pool!

Are you now advocating for undocumented changes being made to the game? A simple "we've removed X from rotation while we work on the balance" would suffice, no?
Bruh bannerlord when are you going to join the captain league discord? Forreal 6v6s, tourneys, competitive play, for a 750+ win guy i'm honestly amazed you aren't in here already. You're probably one of the only 750 badges left on the outside... Yeah I agree they should probably tell us when they are going to make big changes like map removal or adjustments to units. Maybe it had to be removed due to server instability or something and time was of the essence and they just never got around to making an announcement. Idk i'm speculating. I'm happy they removed the map, and hope they atleast fix the issues with it before bringing it back if at all.

Good changes. The map is opened up with better archer spots.

The previous problem of mosh-pit-inf was a map AND class balance issue, and now it just seems to be a class balance issue. Infantry are too strong in general, which also makes them too strong for this map.

Back
Top Bottom