New Content since release analysis

Users who are viewing this thread

Player count tells otherwise...
Doesn't say much about how players feel about the game. I stopped after 50 hours as well until more patches and content arrives. And yet I am not as negative as the handful of people who try to convince TW to sell the franchise to a company like Electronic Arts.
Personally I expect to play Bannerlord for 10 years like I did with Warband, so I don't need to put the majority of my playtime into the EA phase. It would be kind of stupid to burn out over an uncompleted game.
Some people just enjoy acting like an entitled victims and that's a reoccurring theme throughout modern societies, it's not limited to video game forums. That's the real reason for some of the negativity and you can see it everywhere if you look for it.

Current player count is same as Warband was earlier this year. So either Warband was massive success with waay less sold copies or Bannerlord has a problem to keep players playing

Not sure what you're trying to say there. Warband was big success. The fact that a similar number of fans are playing both games would indicate TW are doing something right, and that the initial numbers was just the gotm hype train.

Doesn't say much about how players feel about the game. I stopped after 50 hours as well until more patches and content arrives. And yet I am not as negative as the handful of people who try to convince TW to sell the franchise to a company like Electronic Arts.

There's a thought. What if all the sperglords are actually big publisher employees fishing to get TW to eventually sell the franchise to them :bigbrain:

10/10 Bannerlord

Don't put me into your narrative with saying things like "player count dropped, so the game must be actually bad despite the reviews".
I for myself am just waiting for new updates before investing time again. Would be a shame to start a campaign just to start anew to be able to play the update. This does not mean the game is bad.

Why buy it if you don't like it? Refund it, end of discussion. Trying your luck with far-fetched criticsm of "this game is alpha" will probably and hopefully not come a long way.

So annoying to come to the forum only to see some unconstructive stuff from "recruits". No offense, of course this might not say much, but when the reviews say that most people are happy with the game, perhaps you just had wrong expectations.
If this is not enough content for those of you who feel that the game is "alpha", you should try only to expect that what you see on the steam page and nothing more. "Oh no, but my moneys worth"... well allow me to say, that your money is not that much money after all and you get constant entertainment from a game of this magnitude. The amount of work that goes into development is immens and if you are not able to make a educated purchase, I'd say maybe your money was not that much worth to you. Imagine putting time, which could be used to earn money f.e., into this forum to criticize the game for not being your moneys worth. Ironic.

Last edited:
There's a thought. What if all the sperglords are actually big publisher employees fishing to get TW to eventually sell the franchise to them :bigbrain:
I don't have enough tinfoil left to agree with that thought but it would certainly make sense. The game's success is quite an achievement:
- it's not cheap
- TW clearly stated that it's early access and that people should wait for the finished product
- they also listed all the unfinished and incomplete features

And yet millions of people bought it and left positive reviews, which can't be said about the majority of AAA games published by the big studios...

They can't refund after playing 450 hours.
Yes, I didn't make that playtime up...
uuf

//sarcasm incoming
TaleWorlds is a dishonest and incompetent company. So shameful of them to develop a sandbox game of unseen immersion with upcoming modding tools. Realtime overworld travel with accurate battle controls in a more realistic way any other game did not even try?! This game is not my moneys worth after 285299010 hours of playtime, combat is bad, riding is bad, terrain looks bad, graphics are outdated, looks straigth like Warrider, zero content, no fun, no nothing. Can't even refund the game, this is theft. Boycott TaleWorlds for being bad. Never buying a product by them again.

My pc is bad. Bannerlord runs only 1 FPS per hour. Time to leave a bad review.

I constantly die because I am bad and do not want to learn the basics in the tutorial at the start, which is supposed to be customer friendly? Time to leave a bad review.

I made the last two before this one up, but I kinda have a feeling that those might have occured at some point. If not, well... Time to leave a bad review then.
//sarcasm off beyond here

Last edited:
Never claimed that game will be bad, but game is bad in current state. Most of the time people who criticize are most passionate about the future of the game. Just praising this unfinished mess isn't as productive compared to pointing out flaws. I'm sure you know the phrase: "when you do things right no one will know you've done anything at all".

About the price: 40-50€ is like fart in the sahara. No working adult in a civilized world has a problem to " waste" that amount to a game.
So annoying to come to the forum only to see some unconstructive stuff from "recruits".
This statement goes both ways...

Not sure what you're trying to say there. Warband was big success. The fact that a similar number of fans are playing both games would indicate TW are doing something right, and that the initial numbers was just the gotm hype train.
What was I thinking. Why should game serie get more players after 8 years of development compared to predecessor. Stupid me.

I don't know. Why should they. Are you suggesting we just homogenize every franchise to appeal to every audience so every game is the same?

The people most likely to buy into EA are those who are already familiar with the franchise, not the broader gaming community that has grown since WB.

The people most likely to buy into EA are those who are already familiar with the franchise, not the broader gaming community that has grown since WB.
You believe that? So somewhere in the future sales will skyrocket when the game is finished?

But anyways, we are way off-topic and with due respect OPs thread we might leave it here. Don't you agree?

Considering the OP's topic was about how "terrible" the game is etc I don't particularly think we are off topic but the argument has gotten tiresome here and in the other multitude threads. And it's late here so yeah, we can agree to disagree on what's going to happen to the CPC.

Never claimed that game will be bad, but game is bad in current state. Most of the time people who criticize are most passionate about the future of the game. Just praising this unfinished mess isn't as productive compared to pointing out flaws. I'm sure you know the phrase: "when you do things right no one will know you've done anything at all".
Nothing wrong with criticising the game, although it's important to realise that not everyone will agree with the criticism. The 'still no swimming in Bannerlord' thread for example was something I disagree with. Start a thread about missing NPC dialogues and I will certainly agree with it.

But this thread isn't about the game, it's about a personal crusade against Taleworlds which gets quite obvious as soon as you see the countless accusations and insults, followed by the lunatic suggestion to sell the game to another company.

Well, a couple of things...
A) Give it a negative review (or change it to negative) if not done already
B) Never buy a Taleworlds product again
C) Warn others

But you're right, TW is laughing all the way to the bank on this one.

Thank You for that remark. Maybe negative ratings will do something. Let's start.

By the way, I am playing a new Viking Conquest (Blood Eagle mod) campaign at the moment and it is a blast. Story, politics, character development, sea battles, side missions - if only the visuals would be a bit better.

Well, a couple of things...
C) Warn others

But you're right, TW is laughing all the way to the bank on this one.

Absolutely Mikey - just need to add a few points on...

C) Warn others
D) Uninstall the game.
E) Delete your forum profile.

This should be the first port of call if you don't want to contribute anymore to the project.

Some people just enjoy acting like an entitled victims and that's a reoccurring theme throughout modern societies, it's not limited to video game forums. That's the real reason for some of the negativity and you can see it everywhere if you look for it.

Yeah, although it's not an act. They really are entitled; they really are victims.

Back
Top Bottom