Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, as @๖Kern and @Namakan already mentioned, we'll defnitely provide a Battle Royal modification (can be derived from Hungergames) for Bannerlord. Right now we use the waiting time for developing a backend that allows us to outsource computations on a scalable server instance. This gives us mod developers already the possibility to make some major work on the mod while tools and private servers are not available yet.
Calestria on Bannerlord when

Imagine not updating your dying game for more than a month.
Groaannn......

We are waiting for an impending MP patch. TW have been a bit dicey with the specifics but we know it's going to be a big change. They don't have to update the game every week or month... as long as the patches they do release are a good step forward. 7 days to die make a single update a year and that's a very successful project.

We will see if this big patch they promise is worth the wait... but no point fighting about it until we actually see it.

Now please go away for another fortnight - it's the most productive thing you have done.

Cencoring comments is funny Taleworlds.
I wish i could got answers from what i wroted about it.What was the reason?I didnt got a warning or a PM about it.
What is gained from deleting comments that writes about what is coming as a new patch?

When even Tw doesnt have answers about it, censoring is the right choise i guess. :unsure:

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Repost from the thread on this:

TaleWorlds and TW community managers are not involved with the moderation of the forums. That's under the direction of the global moderators.

Make no mistake: the changes described sound terrible. However, they are not the latest version of testing. The nature of testing is to try out stuff.

The reason for removal of this content is that the tests are held in confidence. They're intended to be private until they go live or are announced.

The reason for removal of this content is that the tests are held in confidence. They're intended to be private until they go live or are announced.

This is neat, but its actually terrible for the players trying to play the game.

This means changes stay private until someone taking a shower randomly decides its a good idea and it gets thrown out into the wild with the next patch, much to the dismay of people who want the game to be good.

Examples: '
  • The complete and out of nowhere neutering of the Khuzait Spearmen right before the multiplayer beta ended.
  • The removal of small shield from the Battanian Savage randomly in the middle of beta.
  • The random reintroduction of block delay a month into early access.
  • The Perks in Beta were all in the same row. Splitting them into 2 rows completely borked much of the balance that had slowly been built during the multiplayer beta, making the whole thing essentially worthless. All the new perks were put in with 0 input from the players who were supposed to be testing the game, It was just a giant "Surprise!" right before the game launched into early access. Had the perks been less private, things like the current jav hell could have been prevented.

This is neat, but its actually terrible for the players trying to play the game.

This means changes stay private until someone taking a shower randomly decides its a good idea and it gets thrown out into the wild with the next patch, much to the dismay of people who want the game to be good.

Examples: '
  • The complete and out of nowhere neutering of the Khuzait Spearmen right before the multiplayer beta ended.
  • The removal of small shield from the Battanian Savage randomly in the middle of beta.
  • The random reintroduction of block delay a month into early access.
  • The Perks in Beta were all in the same row. Splitting them into 2 rows completely borked much of the balance that had slowly been built during the multiplayer beta, making the whole thing essentially worthless. All the new perks were put in with 0 input from the players who were supposed to be testing the game, It was just a giant "Surprise!" right before the game launched into early access. Had the perks been less private, things like the current jav hell could have been prevented.

The sad part about that last sentence is that I seem to remember people complaining about javelins before that patch, yet TW decided giving everyone javelins would somehow be a good idea.

Cencoring comments is funny Taleworlds.
I wish i could got answers from what i wroted about it.What was the reason?I didnt got a warning or a PM about it.
What is gained from deleting comments that writes about what is coming as a new patch?

When even Tw doesnt have answers about it, censoring is the right choise i guess. :unsure:

<snip>
?‍♂️
What a bunch of ill informed comments from someone who has no idea what is going on.

It is clear that your 'informant' was one of the people who were new to join the play tests, probably with a link they shouldn't have received, and had absolutely no idea how the process worked, what was being tested and how.

The crush through mechanic was introduced to show how it would roughly work and feedback was asked before effort was put into tweaking it. It is obviously being adjusted.

There were also MANY other changes, like combat parameters and kicking, that went through multiple iterations with feedback from players based on what the community wants.

Calling this 'what is coming next patch' with some randomly acquired incomplete information is just a waste of everyone's time.

?‍♂️
What a bunch of ill informed comments from someone who has no idea what is going on.

It is clear that your 'informant' was one of the people who were new to join the play tests, probably with a link they shouldn't have received, and had absolutely no idea how the process worked, what was being tested and how.

The crush through mechanic was introduced to show how it would roughly work and feedback was asked before effort was put into tweaking it. It is obviously being adjusted.

There were also MANY other changes, like combat parameters and kicking, that went through multiple iterations with feedback from players based on what the community wants.

Calling this 'what is coming next patch' with some randomly acquired incomplete information is just a waste of everyone's time.
Your so right and speaking on receiving correct links don't be afraid to send me the new one It seems i may of missed it or got left out idk whats happening with that but don't be afraid to fix it any time.

?‍♂️

Have you thought that these kinds of misunderstanding would not happen if perhaps there was a bit of transparency? Just giving my two cents.

Have you thought that these kinds of misunderstanding would not happen if perhaps there was a bit of transparency? Just giving my two cents.
Gonna have to agree on this one. If you can take the time to hop on the forums to tell someone their misinformation is wrong, you got time to give information.

Someone making ill informed comments could be quickly remedied by knowing what's going on.

Sigh.
I am a huge fan of Dota and for years as a player I always questioned valve's and ice frog's stance but now I am understanding how it is way more productive.

Anyway, we are finalizing our new features and changes. They will be be detailed soon in another big post.

The changes on the game will be an ongoing process, much so during the early access period. No change/patch is final, we will address issuess one by one and slowly improve the game. No single patch will be the one patch to fix them all, so don't expect that. It is a process.

During this period we will keep iterating with the feedback we get and we are trying to increase the patch frequency.

For now I am done with this thread. I will see you guys after our next big post.

Sigh.
I am a huge fan of Dota and for years as a player I always questioned valve's and ice frog's stance but now I am understanding how it is way more productive.

Anyway, we are finalizing our new features and changes. They will be be detailed soon in another big post.

The changes on the game will be an ongoing process, much so during the early access period. No change/patch is final, we will address issuess one by one and slowly improve the game. No single patch will be the one patch to fix them all, so don't expect that. It is a process.

During this period we will keep iterating with the feedback we get and we are trying to increase the patch frequency.

For now I am done with this thread. I will see you guys after our next big post.
AVRC the new OSFrog? :grin:

tenor.gif

When heavy weapons like 2 Handed weapons are blocked by lighter equipment some of the damage still goes through.

That is what we are aiming for.

"was put into tweaking it. It is obviously being adjusted."

so if it will be 90% or 30% this does mean that it will be introduced in the next patch.
Sure everyone wanted crush through menavlions, 2h axes, heavy armored 2h archers that crush through everyone.
Its hella fun to play crush through empire archer or fian that crush throughts ?
My favorite will be sturgian berserker ? (From what i heard from my "informant" it is truely new experience that everyone will be fall in love )
What a brilliant desing of choice.
Thanks for the confirmation of this issue.
see you Soon™

edit:

Rollback of "the block delay™" is not a change it was the idea of someone while taking a shower randomly and decides its a good idea and it gets thrown out into the wild again and again.I really forget the count of it how many times it got re-introduced and rollbacked since beta?

Kicking is nerfed but not fixed if you can still kick throw or do other exploits again and again like DM showed in the combat test.

Last edited:
As a mainly infantry player those changes do not sound too promising to me.
But from Avrc's current and past comments, big changes seem to come with the next to patches.

Right now, we can only compare to what we currently have in the game.
Maybe the things Avrc is talking work better in the broader picture, rather than as a single aspect.
I guess the next patch will come in the first half of the next week and I hope that we can talk about it more, rather than speculating.

Back
Top Bottom