You're doing it wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

If you're not playing as Batannia and using a shield wall of Wildlings with a row of spread out Fians behind them then you're playing the game wrong. I've literally taken every stick of butter by force.

If your char name isn't Éomer, your kingdom name isn't Rohan and you don't have an army composed only of Tier 6 cavalry, you are playing the game wrong.

4xmz2fM.jpg

3jIHls1.jpg

If you're not playing as Batannia and using a shield wall of Wildlings with a row of spread out Fians behind them then you're playing the game wrong. I've literally taken every stick of butter by force.
Can you elaborate on this in little more details? What is so special in that Battanian shield wall?

I am curious because my kingdom is Battania culture and the tactic you describe is similar to mine (however I do not use exclusively Wildlings).
On the other hand I used to support the shield wall by elite cavalry and horse archers. I am also curious about fian champions, what is so special about them? I have also Kuzait marksmans and Palatine guards in my archer group.

I am not sure that is correct. In case you are heavily outnumbered archers can get slaughtered. I think it depends on the actual situation.
The enemies shield wall can also move slowly to archers and defend the arrows by shields. You are probably more experienced but I am convinced that I have won battles where without a circle formation or SW I would not win.

Edit: this is reply to AnandaShanti

Last edited:
Shieldwalls are kind of pointless since cavalry can just glitch through them. The best anti cavalry troops are archers, ironically, because they can turn round and shoot the horses after they've ridden through your line and are on their comically long return arc.
My experience with cavalry is when they hit the shield wall they can stuck if you have archers after the SW and cavalry after the archers. They stuck in the middle of multiple troops and many times get killed.

Can you elaborate on this in little more details? What is so special in that Battanian shield wall?

I am curious because my kingdom is Battania culture and the tactic you describe is similar to mine (however I do not use exclusively Wildlings).
On the other hand I used to support the shield wall by elite cavalry and horse archers. I am also curious about fian champions, what is so special about them? I have also Kuzait marksmans and Palatine guards in my archer group.

What's special about it is that most opposing forces don't even make it to the shield wall. The Wildlings in a shield wall formation draw most enemy fire and are able to absorb quite a bit of damage with their nice large oval shields allowing the Fians to wreck havoc unimpeded. By the team any enemy makes it close to the shield wall of Wildlings they are often riddled with arrows, making them soft targets for the wall of javelins they eat.

If your char name isn't Éomer, your kingdom name isn't Rohan and you don't have an army composed only of Tier 6 cavalry, you are playing the game wrong.

4xmz2fM.jpg

3jIHls1.jpg
You better be using some horse archers unless you want to lose all your guys to a bunch of Veteran Falxmen.

Shieldwalls are kind of pointless since cavalry can just glitch through them. The best anti cavalry troops are archers, ironically, because they can turn round and shoot the horses after they've ridden through your line and are on their comically long return arc.
I find troops with swinging polearms to be a nastier counter. Being able to just OHKO anything is the best way to take on cavalry, provided they don't have any ranged equipment on them.

Do you folks have any idea of the carnage that results from putting falxmen in a separate line behind the shieldwall and absorbing a cavalry charge? Not a single vlandian lived to spread the news.

Do you folks have any idea of the carnage that results from putting falxmen in a separate line behind the shieldwall and absorbing a cavalry charge? Not a single vlandian lived to spread the news.
Yeah, but that's why cavalry should never charge into shieldwall. But AI keeps doing this. I think all these winning strategies are about the 'hacking' the lack of tactical AI. With little skill you discover those holes and can defeat NPC anytime. It would need some 'real' AI which is actually able to adopt it's strategy to various scenarios.

I am also curious about fian champions, what is so special about them? I have also Kuzait marksmans and Palatine guards in my archer group.
They have like twice the archery skill and bows that hit as hard as crossbows. They shoot further and faster than any other archer in the game.

Back
Top Bottom