Working past midnight

Users who are viewing this thread

Just an observation and i wanted to say thank you. As fun as it is to be hyper critical of everything happening or not happening. It's pretty obvious that the TW crew is working hard.

Steamdb shows a new internal testing as of 20ish mins ago.
Googled what time it is in turkey and its past midnight.

They may not talk to us as much as we want but they're clearly working some crazy hours.

I agree. Give them credit when credit is due. I'm really looking forward to 1.4.3 (1.5.0?).

"Who doesn't have head, has legs".....they messed it up, it is quite obvious they need to work harder now.
they are just doing what they are supposed to be doing, no more, no less....it's a business, it is not voluntary work:smile:

"Who doesn't have head, has legs".....they messed it up, it is quite obvious they need to work harder now.
they are just doing what they are supposed to be doing, no more, no less....it's a business, it is not voluntary work:smile:
If you are working past midnight it actually is voluntary work.

Just an observation and i wanted to say thank you. As fun as it is to be hyper critical of everything happening or not happening. It's pretty obvious that the TW crew is working hard.

Steamdb shows a new internal testing as of 20ish mins ago.
Googled what time it is in turkey and its past midnight.

They may not talk to us as much as we want but they're clearly working some crazy hours.
not sure if thats not one of their problems, i saw azhak work till way past midnight. There were a lot of screw ups that are caused by this.

Like no patch for the last three weeks? Or "Duh" telling us the next patch (whenever it comes) will be similar scale like the last one? Or the bugs, that were report 8 weeks ago (formation/trade) are still not fixed? Or the perks? Shall we talk about the AI?

Yep, working hard....TW is working hard on counting the money they made. Their game is a success.

Their management is like "Good job, who cares about all the issues, we make money!"

I hope that some serious gaming sites will do another review of this game. No new customer should be fooled by TW.

And if you do a review of this mess, it should be like 3/10 not 7/10. But all those Steam reviews do their job like "I will drink from you skull" or "finally havesting season" with 1-2 hours play time....I did the same mistake. But I fixed it. I thought TW was doing a good job and I enjoyed my first 50 hours until I noticed that this is just a tech alpha. That´s why they are reworking the code AGAIN. That´s why all the stuff they´ve shown in their dev blogs 1-2 years ago is not in the game. It´s a scam....but a good one!

And threads like this will make the scam even better.

Last edited:
Yep, working hard....TW is working hard on counting the money they made. Their game is a success.

Their management is like "Good job, who cares about all the issues, we make money!"

I hope that some serious gaming sites will do another review of this game. No new customer should be fooled by TW.

in what way is this game a success? Its off to a good start, but I wouldnt call it a success yet.

It has sold a lot of copies, so I would say yes.

It´s not a good game from player perspective but they earned their money and do even earn more. It has a least sold like 300.000+ copies (without Epic game store release.)

And with the good reviews (how the hell) on Steam and with the discount (screw early adopters) it will even sell more.

That´s what I call a success.

Like no patch for the last three weeks? Or "Duh" telling us the next patch (whenever it comes) will be similar scale like the last one? Or the bugs, that were report 8 weeks ago (formation/trade) are still not fixed? Or the perks? Shall we talk about the AI?

And if you do a review of this mess, it should be like 3/10 not 7/10. But all those Steam reviews do their job like "I will drink from you skull" or "finally havesting season" with 1-2 hours play time....I did the same mistake. But I fixed it. I thought TW was doing a good job and I enjoyed my first 50 hours until I noticed that this is just a tech alpha. That´s why they are reworking the code AGAIN. That´s why all the stuff they´ve shown in their dev blogs 1-2 years ago is not in the game. It´s a scam....but a good one!

And threads like this will make the scam even better.
Have you considered that some people just aren't as negative as you are?

People who are hyper critical here have likely never set out to create anything, (be it art, software ect) in their lives, yet sit around on the couch all day and demand others work harder and harder to create complex software. Even when they explain the code needs maintenance (you know, so they can actually continue to work on it, as they've demanded every single day on the forums) people STILL complain. I sincerely hope these people never set out on any creative endeavor, I'd hate for them to run into people like themselves.

Yeah, maybe in China,OR you messed up REALLY bad:wink:

I didn't mean they don't get paid but that working past midnight probably isn't part of their contract.

The game has sold more than 2 million copies atleast, so yes think they can manage to pay for overtime.

I don't know for sure what kind of contract they have, but all software developers that I know (and I know a few in the US and in Italy) are not paid by the hour, but on a salary. Which means that they will get paid exactly the same if they work past midnight or if they work 9 to 5. As far as I know the only way you will be paid by the hour for that kind of job is if you are an independent contractor.

not sure if thats not one of their problems, i saw azhak work till way past midnight. There were a lot of screw ups that are caused by this.

Indeed, that is not a sustainable way to work. You can do it once or twice for a special deadline, but if you do it over and over eventually you are going to burn out.

Actually it appears to be 5+ million now: https://steamspy.com/app/261550
But lets say Steamspy is off with a 25% margin (which seems unlikely) that's still 4 million just on Steam.

@MArdA TaleWorlds has stated that those numbers are completely inaccurate, and I am inclined to believe that. The number of sales will probably not be double than the maximum number of players this game had at the beginning, and that's an overestimation. The maximum number of players according to steamdb is around 250k if memory serves, if 5 million people bought the game we would see numbers higher than that.

I don't know for sure what kind of contract they have, but all software developers that I know (and I know a few in the US and in Italy) are not paid by the hour, but on a salary. Which means that they will get paid exactly the same if they work past midnight or if they work 9 to 5. As far as I know the only way you will be paid by the hour for that kind of job is if you are an independent contractor.
You are missing the point.

Back
Top Bottom