Warband Revival League Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Suggestion to the admin or admins deciding tournament format:

While divisions are fine, we're on a state on the scene where we shouldn't split, but stack as many teams as we can on the same playground, specially in the months to come. It's not only bad for a tournament with prize pool were people is smart enough to half-stack and pick 'division B' but also for the current scene state. You can always provide incentive with a progressive system which could also include divisions, but that connect later on through Knockout Stage where top 16 is involved, and match ups for Div C and B scale difficulty gradually based on placements on divisions ladder.

It's just not good to split the community, but also award someone who didn't earn it while dragging down bottom of division A, B and C.

You could keep divisions and connect all the teams into a wider Knockout Stage, as said, Would've liked to play teams in the last tournament but we were split into 2 completely different tournaments and this division system wouldn't feel any different if some teams as seen, could easily be A but choose B instead to fight for some welcomed prize.

(Hope you consider this or at least reply with some reasoning)

to be clear, and I am directing this to both you and Alyss, we did not decide to make a senate team after seeing the prize. Matt and I were planning on making this team since we first heard about the tournament some weeks ago because we wanted to play with the Senate again. we told Habi a while ago that we wouldn’t be playing in his team for this tournament unless it had a major prize. the prize isn’t major so we kept going with the Senate team. i fully intend to play the Senate players equally with the ‘stack’ you’re referring to, since the only reason I make Senate teams is because I like playing with my friends.

I also do not see how our team is remotely close to being stacked:
Inf - Gibby, Puff, Cobra, Hrod, CTH
Archer - Matt, Mandingo, Snacc
Cav - Ciiges, Slade, Mandingo, Hrod

to be clear, and I am directing this to both you and Alyss, we did not decide to make a senate team after seeing the prize. Matt and I were planning on making this team since we first heard about the tournament some weeks ago because we wanted to play with the Senate again. we told Habi a while ago that we wouldn’t be playing in his team for this tournament unless it had a major prize. the prize isn’t major so we kept going with the Senate team. i fully intend to play the Senate players equally with the ‘stack’ you’re referring to, since the only reason I make Senate teams is because I like playing with my friends.

depending on the teams i think urs might be div A xd

These players would stomp Div B. And definetly can contest Div A if the best individuals perform at their peak while the rest, who are experienced enough, perform decent enough(no disrespect intended).

I know, it's clear that you and your friends would've played together anyway, but I don't see why you would go into B, same way other ppl may choose B or C.

I really disagree with you & @Triari here while respecting your points, and I think people chooses a lower division because it secures winning most of the matches without trying with such a roster, while earning a prize.
It splits the community nowdays imo, because there's many teams(ESP included), who don't have time nor the commitment to play more than once or twice a week. That being said it's going to be very hard for teams like us(who are gonna play on A unless that some ****show where every decent-not best team is sent to B makes us apply for it instead) to contest a prize or be recognised as winners.
It's been proved in tournaments like WIS that a medium or div B team can contest div A teams and even win against them, we were all 'mid' at some point. I find lame that bottom of A and B are set up in a spot where they either tryhard to overcome the same difference than B and C winners easily avoid by being set in lower level matches. If they want a prize or be acknowledged as winners, they should prove their worth and at least reach top 3, which could be totally fine if gradual difficulty matches by placement are set up since start of the tournament.

These players would stomp Div B. And definetly can contest Div A if the best individuals perform at their peak while the rest, who are experienced enough, perform decent enough(no disrespect intended).

I know, it's clear that you and your friends would've played together anyway, but I don't see why you would go into B, same way other ppl may choose B or C.

I really disagree with you & @Triari here while respecting your points, and I think people chooses a lower division because it secures winning most of the matches without trying with such a roster, while earning a prize.
It splits the community nowdays imo, because there's many teams(ESP included), who don't have time nor the commitment to play more than once or twice a week. That being said it's going to be very hard for teams like us(who are gonna play on A unless that some ****show where every decent-not best team is sent to B makes us apply for it instead) to contest a prize or be recognised as winners.
It's been proved in tournaments like WIS that a medium or div B team can contest div A teams and even win against them, we were all 'mid' at some point. I find lame that bottom of A and B are set up in a spot where they either tryhard to overcome the same difference than B and C winners easily avoid by being set in lower level matches. If they want a prize or be acknowledged as winners, they should prove their worth and at least reach top 3, which could be totally fine if gradual difficulty matches by placement are set up since start of the tournament.

our WIS roster was very similar to this one and we came bottom of group B with it.
Gibby, Puff, Cobra, Hrod, Rey
Yona, Pepper
Rey, Gibby, Walter, SirAlecks, Mandingo, Hippo

the div a/b decision shouldn't be based on names alone but should try to account for how hard a team is going to try as well.

Team Name: Magnificent Men
Team Tag: Magnificent_Name
Contact 1: me
Contact 2: Maxxxio
Banner:
887EC8013B0E84DE708D056D4D032CCE9A943CA0

Roster:
ONeil - ID
Fietta - ID
Varadin - ID
Tomayus - ID
Watly - ID
huN - ID
Krzyzak - ID
Squertmen - ID
Maxxxio - ID
Samu - ID
Preferred Division: A

Last edited:
our WIS roster was very similar to this one and we came bottom of group B with it.
Gibby, Puff, Cobra, Hrod, Rey
Yona, Pepper
Rey, Gibby, Walter, SirAlecks, Mandingo, Hippo

the div a/b decision shouldn't be based on names alone but should try to account for how hard a team is going to try as well.

You finished in that spot because you played awful besides the roster you had, that can happen in any division to any team specially when rusty. The fact that your opponents(some of them) also added great players when sign ups were closed after seeding didn't help, same with the bad calls from your matches which I don't think would happen now given the people that you have + the calling experience by some of you.

Also I think the current roster is way stronger individually + the same players that were more inexperienced there, don't hold that ground now.

People in your team mentioned you're really excited about collecting some t-shirts, which is fine by me, just earn them properly, prizes in this format don't make sense as I exposed. I don't mind ppl half stacking and to be placed on B, but they should cross paths with A at some point, otherwise low-As are basicly screwed.

You finished in that spot because you played awful besides the roster you had, that can happen in any division to any team specially when rusty. The fact that your opponents(some of them) also added great players when sign ups were closed after seeding didn't help, same with the bad calls from your matches which I don't think would happen now given the people that you have + the calling experience by some of you.

Also I think the current roster is way stronger individually + the same players that were more inexperienced there, don't hold that ground now.

People in your team mentioned you're really excited about collecting some t-shirts, which is fine by me, just earn them properly, prizes in this format don't make sense as I exposed. I don't mind ppl half stacking and to be placed on B, but they should cross paths with A at some point, otherwise low-As are basicly screwed.

we finished in that spot because you can't judge a team's strength just by the names on the roster

if the concern is low-As not getting a chance then div A should be made smaller and div B bigger. even in WNL8 div A was too big and there was a clear divide between the top and bottom in it.

we finished in that spot because you can't judge a team's strength just by the names on the roster

if the concern is low-As not getting a chance then div A should be made smaller and div B bigger. even in WNL8 div A was too big and there was a clear divide between the top and bottom in it.

You just described why a seeding system where you determine a winner and give t shirts without crossing paths with divisions isn't good. Whoever earns them has to really earn them in my eyes. Otherwise the system gives incentive to some while ****ting on others. You underperformed to get that spot, your team strenght was properly judged, admins just didn't predict your bad performance + multiple additions to match your team strenght by other teams.

I think I explained my concern by now. My issue is people being awarded a win and a prize with an easier path than others based on some seeding that can and has been unnacurate on other ocassions. Top 3 should get prizes and everyone should get a chance to reach it.

I agree that it's not stacked, but we're talking 2020 warband, the chances of stacked teams is very slim. No offence to FTW, but your team is more than capable of beating that team which is usually placed in division A.

I doubt great teams such as FT and Unity will play, so what do you define as division A in 2020 warband? Your team is definitely division A no matter how you look at it.

Team Name: España
Team Tag: ESP
Contact 1: Charlini - (Taleworlds & Steam)
Banner:
uIpbn.png
Roster:
Charlini - 3998932 // 680786
Dume - 1745137
DarkLight - 509154 // 1554215
Sparta - 662238
Traeeseron - 689069
Asediado - 1597988
Magenstor - 1611088
SirAlecks - 1837008
Scarta - 3144152
Zilent - 1407672
Preferred Division: A, unless that 'Div Winner' and T-shirts are freely given to each division and good teams end up in B :fruity:

Team Name: España
Team Tag: ESP
Contact 1: Charlini - (Taleworlds & Steam)
Banner:
uIpbn.png
Roster:
Charlini - 3998932 // 680786
Dume - 1745137
DarkLight - 509154 // 1554215
Sparta - 662238
Traeeseron - 689069
Asediado - 1597988
Magenstor - 1611088
SirAlecks - 1837008
Scarta - 3144152
Zilent - 1407672
Preferred Division: A, unless that 'Div Winner' and T-shirts are freely given to each division and good teams end up in B :fruity:

Thanks for signing up and thanks for the feedback! We are trying to find a solution that makes everyone happy and would appreciate some patience with that issue.

Ciiges is no longer with us so hopefully that satisfies the MINDLESS LOW IQ MOB

deciding where to put the prize shirts is a hard call, cuz obviously the teams which get the top 3 places in div A are the top teams in the tournament, but incentive prizes for lower level teams are a good idea as well.

the biggest issue is that most teams in each div don't have a chance of getting a shirt cuz of the skill differences within each division. weaker div A teams get bodied by top level div A teams and don't really have a chance of winning the prize. if you make div A smaller (4 teams????) so that all of them have a realistic chance of winning then it's fairer to have prizes in other divisions as well.

Back
Top Bottom