I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

"Fast paced siege battles are the intention"

The 5 minute sieges are horrendous, there's no reason to have all these battle commands. If this is TW's vision I'll stick with Warband mods until some heavy modding comes along.

Yeah hearing this was really sad. The dumbing down of field skirmishes is really sad too. At this point I'm thinking TW should stop whatever contentless patch they're working on and devote all their attention to mod tools.

Once those are released, they can go back to their 3 bugfixes every month whilst we enjoy some good content

One thing is complaining, another is genuine concern over the current situation.

4 months in out of 12.

At the current progress rate, we are going to have to add a 0 to that 12 months before we get a finished game.

Hopefully there will be a change in the trend, but it's hard to believe that in 8 months we'll truly get what had been promised in the EA.

Just move away from the game for a year and/or wait for mods.
Otherwise you just burn out on the piece of crap we got now and won't be able to enjoy it anymore when it
(most likely made by the modding community) is enjoyable in... dunno, 1-2 years?

And Callum already confirmed that they are more going for the "action"

It´s an action game with some strategy sprinkled in someone said

I wasn't speaking on behalf of the company when I said that my take on Mount & Blade games, in general, is that they are more action RPG than strategy (which is arguably true). But that's not to say that I think siege battles should be over in 3 minutes either. I would personally prefer more drawn out engagements for both sieges and large field battles.

Is this the main thing that comes up on top when you order your issues/fixes before doing a PR banner for social media?

We have a small team dedicated to social media and it really isn't much effort for them to make visuals for those posts. And while the autosave slot spotlight might not have concerned you, it did help to address issues for other players and we wanted to make sure they knew about it.

And while the autosave slot spotlight might not have concerned you, it did help to address issues for other players and we wanted to make sure they knew about it.
I'm not sure if this answers my question. So that's a yes then? It was the main thing that comes up on top when you order your fixes based on their priority. Meaning that, currently, the rest of the fixes are not as much as important than new save slots for players?

I'm not sure if this answers my question. So that's a yes then? It was the main thing that comes up on top when you order your fixes based on their priority. Meaning that, currently, the rest of the fixes are not as much as important than new save slots for players?
That's not what he said...maybe the other fixes aren't as easily presentable in a simple manner. :unsure:

We post lots of things to social media, I'm not sure what your issue with this one specific post is.

We post lots of things to social media, I'm not sure what your issue with this one specific post is.
Still, this is not answering my question though.
And yes I do see that you guys are sharing stuff - but I don't care about YouTube shout-outs.
Last game-update/fix related post is this saveslot one and the previous one is from June 24th where you spotlighted the feature of having dropdowns and collapsable tabs in the game.

My question is straightforward, I think. Was saveslot increase the main thing that comes up on top when you order your fixes based on their priority before PR banner preparation. Meaning that, currently, the rest of the fixes are not as much as important than new save slots for players (even though it's not concerned me)?

And yes I do see that you guys are sharing stuff - but I don't care about YouTube shout-outs.
Last game-update/fix related post is this saveslot one and the previous one is from June 24th where you spotlighted the feature of having dropdowns and collapsable tabs in the game.

My question is straightforward, I think. Was saveslot increase the main thing that comes up on top when you order your fixes based on their priority before PR banner preparation. Meaning that, currently, the rest of the fixes are not as much as important than new save slots for players (even though it's not concerned me)?

In this question you assume they can only publish the best news. I think they can publish mediocre news too, or even unimportant ones.

Considering I didn't prepare or see any list that ranks all of our fixes, updates and changes to date based on some unknown scoring system, or have any involvement in that social media post, then I can't answer that question.

If you have any suggestions for future posts or feedback on what would have been a more appropriate post in place of that one, then please feel free to share it and I will be more than happy pass it on to the social media team.

In this question you assume they can only publish the best news. I think they can publish mediocre news too, or even unimportant ones.

Also most patch notes don't convert well to social media posts.

Combat parametres changes are very important but don't lend themselves to a nice one-shot tagline for new players...

i see what you are leaning towards - but I wouldn't try to read too much into it.

Last edited:

Seriously man?

Get over yourself and stop acting like your a Lawyer questioning War Criminals at the Hague. "Is it your testimony Mr. Taleworlds that you willingly listed a drop down auto-save feature as a premier highlight over far more pertinent fixes for your video game?! I demand THE TRUTH!!!"

GTFOH.

I dont think its really about that one post, we're all just frustrated that the refactor is taking a long time. I know my eyes have been glued to this forum waiting for an update. We just need patience and trust that the refactor will really make things better down the line.

Considering I didn't prepare or see any list that ranks all of our fixes, updates and changes to date based on some unknown scoring system, or have any involvement in that social media post, then I can't answer that question.
I thought as a Community Manager, PR related stuff were under your control. That's why I was redirecting my question to you.

My suggestion would be sharing game updates in social media based on your internal scoring system/importance - because I thought you do that already. Or another choice would be posting patch notes as patch notes, without breaking them down into pieces. Because I personally don't think anyone would be "Oh my god, they added more save slots, I need to buy this game immediately". For example game still doesn't have banners. But don't make a post about this after adding banners into game. This won't make much sense to non-familiar people. It will even be funny because they will say "So wait, they added banners to Bannerlord after months?" Make videos about game, showcase maps/graphics, combat, dynamics etc. You can even show funny bugs if you want. I think you guys can use social media more efficiently than this - which can increase your sales as well.

Combat parametres changes are very important but don't lend themselves to a nice one-shot tagline for new players...
You keep saying this but you are mistaken. They can also create brilliant social media videos or banners about that as well. Game is called Mount&Blade Bannerlord, not Buttonlord or Savegamelord. People are more interested in seeing fixes in the combat, trade, perks, sieges, scenes etc than collapsable dropdowns.

You keep saying this but you are mistaken. They can also create brilliant social media videos or banners about that as well. Game is called Mount&Blade Bannerlord, not Buttonlord or Savegamelord. People are more interested in seeing fixes in the combat, trade, perks, sieges, scenes etc than collapsable dropdowns.

We are because we know about this stuff and care about it. I doubt most people on the facebook page even realise what block-delay is (or care).

At my own software company we just realised a bunch of new and very important fixes; but our social media post is about the office fish - so you know this isn't just Taleworlds :razz:

We are because we know about this stuff and care about it. I doubt most people on the facebook page even realise what block-delay is (or care).
And you think those people that don't care about combat or main features of the game are eager to clap/congratulate when they see a game company was able to introduce collapsable tabs in their own engine-game in 2020 or being able to add 3 new slots to minimize sadness after their crashes? I think not. They can use social media better than this.

But I personally don't care much about what they showcase in their blogs/posts unless I see it in my game with my very own eyes. Because if you look at 3 years old video where they showcased the battles, you can see armies have banners and sieges are pretty smooth/playable without any issues or mentally ill soldiers.

I think you guys should delete the game and come back after like 4 months. If nothing big changed you can grumble truly. I deleted the game, and will install it on August 13. then delete it again and download it January 2021 then delete it again and download it on June 2021.

Back
Top Bottom