Resolved im banned of my own dedicated server on my pc

Users who are viewing this thread

Meneldur

Sergeant Knight
Edit 1 it was running on local area network only so far:

So my questions are : how can that happen?
What can i do? > where is my Logs\ban_list.txt file? Is it somehow hidden? in logs i find simply a documentation of lately logins..

this is my dedicated server files starting with the part below the party tempelates...:

Ready!
Input: read_command_file Battle_Time.txt
Input: set_pass_admin
New admin password is set.
Input: set_server_name xxxSERVERNAME
New server name is set.
Input: set_mission coop_battle
Next mission template is set to: 49 - coop_battle
Input: set_max_players 32 32
Number of players and private players are set.
Input: set_num_bots_voteable 20
Bots upper limit for votes is 20.
Input: set_map multi_scene_1
Next map is set to: 491 - multi_scene_1
Input: add_factions fac_kingdom_1 fac_kingdom_1
Added new faction for team 1: 15 - fac_kingdom_1
Added new faction for team 2: 15 - fac_kingdom_1
Input: add_factions fac_kingdom_2 fac_kingdom_2
Added new faction for team 1: 16 - fac_kingdom_2
Added new faction for team 2: 16 - fac_kingdom_2
Input: add_factions fac_kingdom_3 fac_kingdom_3
Added new faction for team 1: 17 - fac_kingdom_3
Added new faction for team 2: 17 - fac_kingdom_3
Input: add_factions fac_kingdom_4 fac_kingdom_4
Added new faction for team 1: 18 - fac_kingdom_4
Added new faction for team 2: 18 - fac_kingdom_4
Input: add_factions fac_kingdom_5 fac_kingdom_5
Added new faction for team 1: 19 - fac_kingdom_5
Added new faction for team 2: 19 - fac_kingdom_5
Input: add_factions fac_kingdom_6 fac_kingdom_6
Added new faction for team 1: 20 - fac_kingdom_6
Added new faction for team 2: 20 - fac_kingdom_6
Input: set_randomize_factions 1
Randomize factions is enabled.
Input: set_team_point_limit 10
Team point limit is 10.
Input: set_upload_limit 100000000
Upload limit is set.
Input: set_port 7240
Port is set.
Input: set_steam_port 7241
Steam port is set.
Input: set_server_log_folder Logs
Server log folder is set to: Logs
Input: set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
Server ban list file is set to: Logs\ban_list.txt
Input: start
Starting mission...
Command file is read.
Input:

edit1
i commented the list out so it looks like that now:
set_server_log_folder Logs
#set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
start
im still banned....
Edit 2 i tried un+reinstall of dedicated server files asswell now >no change

i realy need to know where that:
Input: set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
Server ban list file is set to: Logs\ban_list.txt
is stored at please! in my logs is no ban_list

Edit3 is there any problem with steam? I use non-steamversion of Warband? But it worked for months

Last edited:
im not banned of other servers.. just my own local network. Last succesfull log in i remember AND find in logs is evenning of 27th may
wednesday
Edit1 can u tell me where ban_list.txt is located? due i do not find anything about on my pc logs folder / file...

Edit2 im running an older version both server and client on my pc so the start of my dedicated server exe casts this:
Starting new log file.
Version: 1.153
Initializing....
Processing Ini File {
Module_name = Calradia

Last edited:
No sry still banned
edit 1: may i guess this got something to do with steam since i use steam version of bannerlord but non steam version of warband ? but even that worked since a month or longer

why do i run a server and have no insight nor control about ban and unban? This realy not fun..
edit2) "So if you have access to your serverbox files you can edit the banlog.txt file to remove the banned clients!" from tompaw0w out of an similar NW topic>
>And please dont get me wrong in this but i wanna know/ wanna get control of this, no matter if that is my current problem or not.

Edit1)
i have tried to do the same thing on a another pc. I just put my warband and the dedicated server files on it. Tried to join my own "Local area network" in there... Same result. Im banned of that server. Shouldnt it be a different one??
im trying to test a mod. .... .... .... ... ... ... ....... .....

Edit2) my serial key is all clean btw...^^

Last edited:
Heya, This is also happening with me.
Any computer that tries to join a Dedicated server which sits on the same network says "You are banned from this server".

Still no fixes?

I haven't figured out a solution to this issue, but I do have a workaround.

For whatever reason, it's impossible to join a game being hosted on the same network, dedicated server or not. This is true even for a dedicated server being hosted on the same computer.

You can still host a dedicated server, port forward, and have it be accessible to friends on different networks at different locations. In order to be able to play with those friends--to connect to your own server--the only workaround I've found is to host a dedicated server on a separate computer and port forward like normal; then on the computer running my game, I use a VPN to trick the game into thinking I'm on another network.

I use Nord (nordvpn.com) to do this, it's very simple--just install the windows application, run it, and click on any country. You should be able to connect to your server as normal. Unfortunately Nord isn't free; this might work with other VPN's but I haven't tested any so I'm not sure. For LAN parties, everyone can use the same Nord account to connect to a dedicated server being run on a separate computer.

Hope this helps!

I have the same issue.
Thanks for the work around, problem is that I don't have another free computer to run the server on.
Could we get some kind feedback on what the progress is on the issue.
There is an upcoming warband tournament coming, I want to have my training server up so we can prepare for it <3

The team working on Bannerlord and we have some stuff that has much more priority. This fix/investigation might even start after the tournament. Thanks why I can't give a timeframe.

I too cannot access my lan server. On both computers, i host on one and try joining and it says i am banned. tried other way round still banned. It used to work but for some reason i cannot join my local network game.

Disabling IPv6 for me does not work. This really needs to be fixed. The reason why I bought this game was to have fun in multiplayer with my own server over lan. Very disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom