Crazy smithing?

Users who are viewing this thread

I sold a javelin for 30,000 and I barely have any smith experience. Stuff like this needs to go asap. I honestly wish the devs good luck with this smith feature. I don't see how it will fit into the economy.

I also think TW needs to make smith unlocking not random. It makes it tedious if your only trying to craft 1 handed weapons and you keep unlocking dagger knife handles. This makes little sense.

Last edited:
I sold a javelin for 30,000 and I barely have any smith experience. Stuff like this needs to go asap. I honestly wish the devs good luck with this smith feature. I don't see how it will fit into the economy.

I also think TW needs to make smith unlocking not random. It makes it tedious if your only trying to craft 1 handed weapons and you keep unlocking dagger knife handles. This makes little sense.
I disagree. If you don't like Smithing, don't smith, its that simple. Nerfing in EA is silly sauce.

I disagree. If you don't like Smithing, don't smith, its that simple. Nerfing in EA is silly sauce.
We do like smithing. That's why we want it to be balanced and don't have negative effects on gameplay.
If you like it that way just because of easy money, there's even easier way using console.

But I agree that in EA it can wait before more urgent matters.

Leaving an something that is completely unbalanced like this in the game as is makes zero sense on TW part. It's far far far too easy to destroy the game economy with smithing with little effort and little materials. It doesn't improve the game or make it fun for the player, in fact it trivializes money.which will make most players bored very quickly.

Leaving an something that is completely unbalanced like this in the game as is makes zero sense on TW part. It's far far far too easy to destroy the game economy with smithing with little effort and little materials. It doesn't improve the game or make it fun for the player, in fact it trivializes money.which will make most players bored very quickly.
I disagree, if you don't like smithing, don't smith, it really is that simple.

I like smithing, but I don't like how it totally screws up the economy. So it's not as simple as not using it, it needs serious balance tweaks.
It doesn't screw up the economy if you:
1. Do not Smith
2. If you do Smith, Do not sell

Smithing should be the last item on the Development Backlog imo

Personally, I really enjoy it as is.

It doesn't screw up the economy if you:
1. Do not Smith
2. If you do Smith, Do not sell

Smithing should be the last item on the Development Backlog imo

Personally, I really enjoy it as is.
You're right in that you can avoid it and it's up to you to exploit it or no, but the thing is, that it being there prevents many players from understanding how game is balanced/imbalanced in other areas of economy.

If you know you can sell a javelin and solve all your problems and you do it, you then don't look for other ways to solve your financial problems, so you don't know if there are other, legitimate ways for you to get big loads of money to support your troops and garrisons.

Me myself am a clear example. I have top tier troops in my town and both castles and also nice quality troops with me. Expenditures are sometimes hitting -5-6Kper day. Now that's huge money to lose but I sell one sword and all my problems are solved for a long time.

Kingdoms constantly declare war on me, but if I can gift a sword to attacker and make peace immediately. So now I don't look for other solutions.

While it's good because I can peacefully try other aspects of game, dig more into trading (for fun, not because of profit) and for the ability to raise my trading skill to get some neat perk I am waiting, it prevents me to seek for other, more creative ways to solve my problems.

I really think smithing SHOULD be reworked and I'm pretty sure it will. It makes anything else economic wise in the game redundant too easily and therefore broken. It's pure cheating and even though you can opt not to use it, it should be the other way around.

But I'm also a little bit afraid of how it's gonna work because apparently smithing xp and likeliness of discovering new recipes is tied to the smithed item's value and if they just outright nerf value, smithing could become another boring uber grind. I did a run without doing javelins unless I wanted one and I think the pace we can lvl it up is almost fine. There's still some ridiculous mid tier weapons (star falchion, per example) that give way too much xp for their materials' worth. I would also like to see some more elaborate ways of getting new recipes instead of simple randomness, specially when we have a bunch of different cultures with different weapons and the way we discover the recipes doesn't reflect any of it.

Back
Top Bottom