I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Btw, I completely agree with you re Total War. Its battles look just silly next to Bannerlord's where you can see the cause of every bit of damage for every soldier, as opposed to two battle groups waving their weapons in the general direction of each other and soldiers falling dead for no apparent reason.
In shogun 2 there was sinc animations all over the place. And my PC was able to field 4k units in one battle. In bl i cant go even with 1000

In shogun 2 there was sinc animations all over the place. And my PC was able to field 4k units in one battle. In bl i cant go even with 1000
Haven't played Total War since the first one way back. What I described I recently saw in a Let's Play (I believe it was Total War: Warhammer 2). Can't comment on other games in the franchise.
Also, dude, where have you been the last couple of pages where they were persuading me this type of battle can't be done and hasn't been done in any other game?

There is a big difference between model polygon amount and texture resolution of each soldier in both games. The way you calculate the movement and damage of each entity is different too: Total War uses "formations" as unit entity, with a pool and a damage over time value, while Bannerlord calculate the movement, the damage of each blow and the health of each single soldier.

I played Total War Attila lot and I cannot tell it's better or worse as Bannerlord. But Bannerlord gives a completely different dimension of the battlefield. I love to see the mixture of the infantry line with Darkhans, Ulfhednars, Palatine Guards, veterans and recruits and so on. It's completely different experience as total war. Wish I could micromanage more the units (forge swords axes for them, buy armor ...).

I also played Kingdom come lot and it has it's limits. There are no proper battles. Yet, the quest system/story line is far more complex. 1st person hunting is an amazing experience (you can cook it and eat it). The one to one fights and one to many are also interesting. But again Bannerlord gives completely new dimension to combats and battles.

I wish I could forge my 6 favorite games into one :smile: (Bannerlord, Civilization, Caesar, Total War, Kingdom come, Down of man)
That would be The Game :smile:

Total war is a completely different style of battle. But there are mechanics in TW that BL should have by now and doesn't. Like a decent morale system, stamina, tactics that actually work, moving the whole army in formation, sieges that actually work. Probably more stuff in the campaign map too. These are things that BL could have without losing the M&B style of combat. They are also things which are well within the realm of possibility.

Total war is a completely different style of battle. But there are mechanics in TW that BL should have by now and doesn't. Like a decent morale system, stamina, tactics that actually work, moving the whole army in formation, sieges that actually work. Probably more stuff in the campaign map too. These are things that BL could have without losing the M&B style of combat. They are also things which are well within the realm of possibility.
I agree with that. The games need big improvements in that ways. I would add AI commanding (both in siege and field battles) because it wouldnt be good if we have a deeper tactic system and the AI cant handle with it.

That's because in total war games you can't control individual soldiers, you can control groups so the engine doesn't calculate your every singe troop it calculates groups. In bannerlord the engine calculates every single troop. and AI in total war is non-existent. So like every 10 troops in Bannerlord equals to 1 group in Total War

Those units are still not acually fighting. Meaning if you were to mod yourself into one unit on the field you would realize your just playing a few animations over and over and so are the other units. They are not calculated sword swings, blocks or any of those critical fighting stipulations whatsoever. I love and play TW to this day but your comparing apples to oranges

I manage a team at an ad agency working on several projects across the board at a time. So i'd like to say I can smell some neglect when it comes to management.

Callin bull****. If you manage ANY form of development you wouldn't be so quick to create an account JUST to **** on the team. I've been working as a professional developer for almost 4 years. 2 of those years I have been developing games and doing small contract jobs for local indi studios. That's not an epic amount of time, and im by NO means an expert...but I know enough to empathize with a dev team fighting a VERY complicated system, in a custom in house engine, with a recently expanded team. People want to wave off the "It's in EA" argument, but that's because it's the one point they can't beat. YOU knew when you bought the game it was going to be beta, the devs have been VERY clear on this front, to me that nullifies your complaints that there are features missing. I've been paying very close attention, and I haven't caught TW in a lie yet.

Could there be more transparency and communication, yes.
Is there mismanagement slowing things down, I almost guarantee it.
Does that mean that the game is dead and TW failed us, not even close.
Im super sick of seeing all the negativity on the forums. TW has done a lot. Im impatient too, I want new features now, but just give the devs time. I have confidence that things will start rolling.

No, thanks, leave it be in Total War please. I love Total war series, but stamina is one of the few things I hate with all my heart. The necessity to switch "Run" on and off constantly until you reach enemy formations is sooo frustrating for me I can't even find words to describe my anger. I'm glad that Bannerlord doesn't have that sh***.

Callin bull****. If you manage ANY form of development you wouldn't be so quick to create an account JUST to **** on the team. I've been working as a professional developer for almost 4 years. 2 of those years I have been developing games and doing small contract jobs for local indi studios. That's not an epic amount of time, and im by NO means an expert...but I know enough to empathize with a dev team fighting a VERY complicated system, in a custom in house engine, with a recently expanded team. People want to wave off the "It's in EA" argument, but that's because it's the one point they can't beat. YOU knew when you bought the game it was going to be beta, the devs have been VERY clear on this front, to me that nullifies your complaints that there are features missing. I've been paying very close attention, and I haven't caught TW in a lie yet.

Could there be more transparency and communication, yes.
Is there mismanagement slowing things down, I almost guarantee it.
Does that mean that the game is dead and TW failed us, not even close.
Im super sick of seeing all the negativity on the forums. TW has done a lot. Im impatient too, I want new features now, but just give the devs time. I have confidence that things will start rolling.

This.

Dude in Total War not all of those 4k unit have their own ai. Groups have ai, maybe some of the animations and calculating how much damage is done could be load on cpu other than that there is nowhere near ai as 1000 battles in bannerlord.

Even polygon count doesn't have a huge impact on gpu as if you zoomed out most of those polygons arent rendered.

Also the Total War games don´t have 3 auto slot saves. That´s what I call focussing on the real problems! Who cares about broken AI or known bugs for weeks? I´m so exicted to test all of those 3 auto save slots and they even reduced the size like 80%!

vGsRlq.jpg

That´s what I call focussing on the real problems! Who cares about broken AI or known bugs for weeks? I´m so exicted to test all of those 3 auto save slots and they even reduced the size like 80%!

In one sense, you are right. I mean, we do need to keep working on crushing those bugs and that is definitely a priority for us, but you do realise that we have different people working on different parts of the game right?

Also, those extra auto save slots helped reduce the chances of people running into a campaign/save breaking bug and being unable to do anything about it so yes, we did want to highlight that.

In one sense, you are right. I mean, we do need to keep working on crushing those bugs and that is definitely a priority for us, but you do realise that we have different people working on different parts of the game right?

You have no credit left right now in my opinion. "You" need to deliver. I don´t expect much from the next update. There is no announcement on fixing bugs or improving the game.

If "your" way is to go with more save slots to fix all this broken stuff, ok.

Yea, it´s not like we are 1 week into EA but 3 weeks without any update and 4 months into EA.

“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year

8 months "left" according to "your own" statement. And right now you advertise 3 auto save slots while the game has a lot of issues (auto save isn´t even one of them). And duh said the next update will be released "in the near future" (like one week ago), so what can we expect? 5 auto save slots and 90% size reduction?

“We intend to use a range of different methods to gather player feedback and data throughout the early access period. These include engaging with users directly on our official forum and our Steam forum, requesting specific feedback through questionnaires, hosting and participating in multiplayer events alongside our community, and using analytics tools to gather data.”

You also forget about this part?

Just check all of those threads in this forum or in the Steam forum.

Last edited:
No, thanks, leave it be in Total War please. I love Total war series, but stamina is one of the few things I hate with all my heart. The necessity to switch "Run" on and off constantly until you reach enemy formations is sooo frustrating for me I can't even find words to describe my anger. I'm glad that Bannerlord doesn't have that sh***.

Charging without stamina is a broken mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom