Dear Taleworlds

Users who are viewing this thread

We have decreased it from 60 to 40 not so long ago. We also made it so that server would accept players after game started even if there isn't many on queue. These changes helped but not for too long. It is clear that there are other issues making people stop playing the mode completely. In addition to this, low amount of players make the mode less enjoyable. Even more so for some of the maps. So team preferred it to be a bit better experience although it meant less games while we focus on fixing the real issues.
Hey man thanks so much for being active on the forums its really great.

About other issues asked in this thread, I will post here as soon as there is something to share. I already talked to some people trying to have them addressed soon.

I am sorry to say but there was nothing I can share. There are no changes to previous statements for now.

I do think a good matchmaker is definitely important.

It does suck for a beginner when you get destroyed before your first swing in by extremely experienced players who are chasing easy points. I was late to Warband multiplayer, so I rage quit a few times. I mean, I was sooo good at single player I thought MP would be a breeze.

But I do agree with OP on everything else.

I learned to deal with the delays and do get a lot of kills, but I don't enjoy it.

Captain Mode is kind of enjoyable, but could be so much more. Just have one flag, and get the men to fight more defensively. Right now it takes 8 seconds for a squad to get destroyed. There is no time to flank, and even holding a choke point gives you no advantage.

I want head to head fights to last, but if you get behind the enemy then it should be a quick slaughter.

This game can offer sooo much, but right now I feel like we have to wait for the modders to fix things.

i agree with the other responses, tweaking matchmaking or introducing a ranked mode at this point is just rearranging deck chairs. very few people are going to want to tryhard ranked for a broken game. also i don't think siege should be part of matchmaking at all, it's always been the most casual gamemode and should be custom servers only. edit: or just change it to be hop in/out matchmaking. i know ideally siege should be 40v40 or whatever but if 2 people want to 1v1 on the server to get it started why prohibit that?

i do have one question though, will there be crossplay when this releases on consoles?

as an aside some of the management decisions you've described here are extremely disappointing, it's never a good sign when those teams retreat into a bubble and refuse to listen to the community. i can understand it when a game is extremely successful but these days you have what, less than 1,000 concurrent players on MP? probably closer to 500? even if you completely ignore the forums you sold at least 2 million copies of this game - there should be a hell of a lot more people online. that should be setting off alarm bells but as far as i can tell management doesn't seem to care at all.

Last edited:
Matchmaking system ISN'T broken. There is simply a LACK OF players.

Couple things to do here:
- Add more servers. Only having East Coast servers is making 2/3rds of the NA community (Central, West, and others like me in Hawaii) have **** ping and causes us to not really enjoy playing all that much. 120+ ping with the Swing and Block delay pretty much means we need to see into the future to block someone with 40 ping and below. Makes it reaaaalll hard. I love this game. I want to play this game with good connection xD

- If you do not want to add more servers, bring in player owned servers. Perhaps Awn.gg or Bluefang or someone will partner with the company so you also benefit from players buying servers. I know games like Squad do this kind of thing. They partnered with Awn.gg so both Awn and OWI make money off players having servers run by partnered companies. Its something to think about

- Advertise the game. Bring in new people. Think about doing weekly updates that address the community (NOT JUST SINGLEPLAYER).. Because lets be honest.. Multiplayer is what is going to keep the game going 5, 10, 15 years from now. Look at Warband. No one plays singleplayer and talks about it. Its 100% multiplayer. I completely understand wanting to get singleplayer correct, because this is a huge sequel from the first game, but you really really need to balance and tweak multiplayer as well. Or at least keep a dialogue with that side of the community so we don't run around like headless chickens crying for dad. We are children, take care of us. It sucks, and I wish people would stop crying, but it is what it is.
-- As a side note to this point, to the Community.. stop being toxic. I'm looking at you. You know who you are. Do not make the Devs NOT want to help you, and the game, because you are being children. Build a community that enjoys having new players, promotes fun gameplay, and encourages new mechanics that we have not seen. Bannerlord is it's own game. It is not a DLC to Warband. Recognize that.

South American servers and Siege server for Asia would be a must. Blocking delay indeed is an issue as well.

Beside this, I hope you will advertise the game in Asia, the difference in terms of number of players with Europe is a thing, especially when you see the potential number of players Asia could provide.

- Advertise the game. Bring in new people. Think about doing weekly updates that address the community (NOT JUST SINGLEPLAYER).. Because lets be honest.. Multiplayer is what is going to keep the game going 5, 10, 15 years from now. Look at Warband. No one plays singleplayer and talks about it. Its 100% multiplayer. I completely understand wanting to get singleplayer correct, because this is a huge sequel from the first game, but you really really need to balance and tweak multiplayer as well. Or at least keep a dialogue with that side of the community so we don't run around like headless chickens crying for dad. We are children, take care of us. It sucks, and I wish people would stop crying, but it is what it is.
-- As a side note to this point, to the Community.. stop being toxic. I'm looking at you. You know who you are. Do not make the Devs NOT want to help you, and the game, because you are being children. Build a community that enjoys having new players, promotes fun gameplay, and encourages new mechanics that we have not seen. Bannerlord is it's own game. It is not a DLC to Warband. Recognize that.

Advertisement at this stage is not a good idea because the more people that play it in this state the smaller potential playerbase there will be in the future. The game is bad right now and even the game's most staunch defenders do not deny the myriad problems it has. When mildly interested players play a game with so many flaws they aren't captivated and kept around as future players, they're turned away and made less likely to try it again in the future when (hopefully) the game is better. Imo the best thing that can happen is for the MP to die, for the necessary improvements to be made and for a revival to be attempted at full release. I do not think a constant, slow stream of updates from this point will help anything. Fundamental changes are needed and the rapid decline of the playerbase has proved that.

Advertisement at this stage is not a good idea because the more people that play it in this state the smaller potential playerbase there will be in the future. The game is bad right now and even the game's most staunch defenders do not deny the myriad problems it has. When mildly interested players play a game with so many flaws they aren't captivated and kept around as future players, they're turned away and made less likely to try it again in the future when (hopefully) the game is better. Imo the best thing that can happen is for the MP to die, for the necessary improvements to be made and for a revival to be attempted at full release. I do not think a constant, slow stream of updates from this point will help anything. Fundamental changes are needed and the rapid decline of the playerbase has proved that.

I honestly think putting the multiplayer back into a closed beta isn’t even the worst idea. That way Taleworlds can quietly work on reversing a couple of the biggest design decisions that have failed out of the public eye. The community that still plays is plenty small for a closed beta and we would be able to help them test things in a more controlled environment. Once everyone is satisfied bring it back in a giant “multiplayer update” with a lot of fan fair and much better vibes. The casual player is more than willing to forget how bad it used to be if it suddenly comes back in a much better state.

I think TW should just shut down multiplayer until they fix everything people mutter about. But I don't think they will change the combat system, block delay swing delay, or class system. Love it or hate it, this is Bannerlord's combat system, maybe they will lower the delay but they won't remove it. I mean they didn't change it since the beta I don't think they will change it after this time. Personally I agree they should remove the delays, I love class system. Attack delay makes sense since your character makes a move to attack stronger or block delay but is it fun? No.

Edit: What I said about shutting down is a complete non-sense. They should just go beta again

I think TW should just shut down multiplayer until they fix everything people mutter about. But I don't think they will change the combat system, block delay swing delay, or class system. Love it or hate it, this is Bannerlord's combat system, maybe they will lower the delay but they won't remove it. I mean they didn't change it since the beta I don't think they will change it after this time. Personally I agree they should remove the delays, I love class system. Attack delay makes sense since your character makes a move to attack stronger or block delay but is it fun? No.

Edit: What I said about shutting down is a complete non-sense. They should just go beta again

A lot of those fixes are supposedly coming in the next patch, no eta, but still, the next patch might fix many many things, enough to make it way more enjoyable.

A lot of those fixes are supposedly coming in the next patch, no eta, but still, the next patch might fix many many things, enough to make it way more enjoyable.
Good, I played warband multiplayer like 200 hours, played multiplayer like 1 match in Bannerlord (after the beta because I didn't have an option to play single or multi) because there are freaking aserai skirmishers destroying every freaking troop with their goddamn throwing weapons... I mean why would anyone play a class if that class doesn't have a throwing weapon. Throwing weapons are way too op imo. And in singleplayer it's worse. A goddamn sea raider throwing a weapon while I'm riding my horse at full speed going sideways and he can manage to hit me with his throwing weapon and it one shots me while I'm wearing a pretty decent armor.

Back
Top Bottom