Will you lose all hope if the next patch isnt HUGELY oriented towards MP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

You came in here saying that mp is fine and it doesn't have issues like this part from you says everything you know about MP side of this game, also you said that they should focus on sp more if you want them to focus on sp just go back to your forum and comment there and you're suggesting we should play some mordhau, what mordhau has to do with anything here???

Actually, what I said was

" Don't care about multiplayer tbh... Single Player has always been my primary interest since the original M&B. I hope they release the content they showed off and fix up all the mechanics and bugs to make the game play-worthy again. Multiplayer is just Mordhau without the gore and funny voices."

And at this current point, I still feel like Multiplayer in Bannerlord is just Mordhau without the gore and funny voices. Someone didn't like that, decided to cry because it hurt their feelings.

I don't think I said MP is fine, I said its not that interesting, but it's playable, compared to Single Player which is the "meat" of the game... and it gets rather dull quickly due to the lack of content, broken quests, bugs, bare-bones mechanics and lack of polish. I've played Multiplayer a few times, have about 100 or so hours in-game. Yes I'd say about 90 of those 100 or so hours is in SP, because that is how boring multiplayer is for me unfortunately... no ranking system, no rewards, no character to upgrade/customise. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but Bannerlord's Multiplayer is dull atm and I look forward to it's re-design and improvement in the future... but for now I would like SP to be focused on, before this game starts getting dust before it's even out of the cover!

I've spent hundreds of hours on M&B, as well as Warband and F&S primarily on single player and without mods, because they were all very interesting and fun for their time. But I did play napoleonic Wars cause it was pretty fun for a little while. Point is... Multiplayer may be the focus for you atm, maybe you just don't care about the primary game, it's lore and characters... but I do and I'm sure many others do too... which is why I continue my opinion that Multiplayer should not be the primary thing worked on atm... If they can work on both at the same time, great! but if they have to pick which one has more progress than Single Player things should come first in my opinion.

"you're suggesting we should play some mordhau, what mordhau has to do with anything here???"

Yes, I suggested that you and all the other Multiplayer fanatics go play Mordhau until Taleworlds are finished fixing up your beloved multiplayer, since your acting like you have fire ants in your pants and crying on the forums that they probably don't even pay much attention to lolz.

Couldn't agree more, saying you think multiplayer is not worth the time of the devs, on the multiplayer section is completely stupid.

Oof... this one reads the conversation at it's end, without even bothering to check if what was said is true... It's almost like a Youtube Comment without watching the video.

Actually, what I said was

" Don't care about multiplayer tbh... Single Player has always been my primary interest since the original M&B. I hope they release the content they showed off and fix up all the mechanics and bugs to make the game play-worthy again. Multiplayer is just Mordhau without the gore and funny voices."

And at this current point, I still feel like Multiplayer in Bannerlord is just Mordhau without the gore and funny voices. Someone didn't like that, decided to cry because it hurt their feelings.

I don't think I said MP is fine, I said its not that interesting, but it's playable, compared to Single Player which is the "meat" of the game... and it gets rather dull quickly due to the lack of content, broken quests, bugs, bare-bones mechanics and lack of polish. I've played Multiplayer a few times, have about 100 or so hours in-game. Yes I'd say about 90 of those 100 or so hours is in SP, because that is how boring multiplayer is for me unfortunately... no ranking system, no rewards, no character to upgrade/customise. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but Bannerlord's Multiplayer is dull atm and I look forward to it's re-design and improvement in the future... but for now I would like SP to be focused on, before this game starts getting dust before it's even out of the cover!

I've spent hundreds of hours on M&B, as well as Warband and F&S primarily on single player and without mods, because they were all very interesting and fun for their time. But I did play napoleonic Wars cause it was pretty fun for a little while. Point is... Multiplayer may be the focus for you atm, maybe you just don't care about the primary game, it's lore and characters... but I do and I'm sure many others do too... which is why I continue my opinion that Multiplayer should not be the primary thing worked on atm... If they can work on both at the same time, great! but if they have to pick which one has more progress than Single Player things should come first in my opinion.

"you're suggesting we should play some mordhau, what mordhau has to do with anything here???"

Yes, I suggested that you and all the other Multiplayer fanatics go play Mordhau until Taleworlds are finished fixing up your beloved multiplayer, since your acting like you have fire ants in your pants and crying on the forums that they probably don't even pay much attention to lolz.
you're still talking about single player, let me tell you something NOBODY HERE CARES ABOUT SP MY GUY JUST GO BACK TO YOUR CAVE

you're still talking about single player, let me tell you something NOBODY HERE CARES ABOUT SP MY GUY JUST GO BACK TO YOUR CAVE

I was responding to you and carefully explaining what I meant. I guess you just wanted to throw poo and swing from trees in anger..? nevermind I guess.

I was responding to you and carefully explaining what I meant. I guess you just wanted to throw poo and swing from trees in anger..? nevermind I guess.
No I'm trying to say that this is multiplayer thread not a singleplayer that's all

Oof... this one reads the conversation at it's end, without even bothering to check if what was said is true... It's almost like a Youtube Comment without watching the video.

In case you ever want to come play mp and these vicious little creatures are turning you away...

The meat of the game is the battle scene.

It may seem far more polished in sp and you have the option to auto-resolve and skip it altogether so you may not face it as much but in mp even very tiny details in how we interact in the battle scene become exaggerated. The ui/ux in the lobby is not finished and while one could get used to it, it’s really not optimal and feels rougher than sandpaper for toilet paper. It’s not even “simple but gets it done”, it’s literally unfinished. Also there are some pretty major networking issues.

Sp’s campaign map ui is probably less rough than mp’s and that’s really saying a lot since even the damn hot keys are broken. It’s not unplayable but it’s definitely a lot worse off than sp.

They have two teams working on sp and mp evidently but an mp update will always benefit sp, and sadly it’s not the case the other way around. Like others have said, mp is where the real replay value of the game lies, mods or no mods, and the sp folks should get behind the mp community on this. Tweaking the workshop income can wait really. Mp needs a little love.

Last edited:
Single player is fine, and a great way to pass some time and make yourself feel like an uber hero, but MP is where the big boys play. Defeating AI is a good way of making yourself feel big, but fighting real live players who all crave the e-peen like you do is different.

Single player is where you learn the basics of blocking and hitting, and they toss you a bit of an adventure to make it interesting to you. Sure, it's sand box, but the point is to kick ass and dominate. It's not that hard to do, but at Taleworlds gives you a variety of ways to do it. Have you ever heard of anyone losing Single Player?

But once you become a big boi, and finally grow some balls or uteri, then it's time to test your skills against the real world. And they are not nice about it. With your first block or slash, veterans will know you are a noob and find easy ways to destroy you.

And the sad thing is, even if you are the most skilled gamer in the world, your character will not do what you tell him to do. Experienced players will know to kick\slash, or, more obviously, go cav or ranged. But you, silly noob that you are, will be thinking that the infantry are the backbone of the army and try to fight in a manly and heroic way. But you'll find that your carefully timed swings are out of sync, your stabs are pointless, and your blocks feel random. And you will be destroyed by the vets, no matter how good your innate skills are. Because melee combat has a lot of stupid **** like stances and left foot forward and dumb ass **** like that. But cav is just run and point, and range is just point and release.

So apparently Taleworlds made this ridiculous combat thingy for noobs, but all it does is make it worse for them. Poor noobs getting the feel of the game, then getting their head cut off cuz their right foot was ahead of their left foot, or vice versa. No wonder they all cower behind shields. Why fight if you don't know what your char is gonna do? Just skip the fights, and smack from behind until you can afford a decent archer or cav.

I keep saying this in every post like this - but the #1 thing Multiplayer needs right now is stable servers and privately hosted custom servers. I completely understand that there's plenty of problems with the combat in the game right now, but at the end of the day, you need to have stable servers in order for any multiplayer game to work. See even if they made the combat flawless and everyone was happy with it, the game would still be in the same poor state it is in if the servers consistently crash when they have a high number of players. This is unacceptable and having stable servers should be a foundational requirement for any game that wants to go into multiplayer.

I really hope the next multiplayer patches fix this quickly. The devs have said some of this has been fixed but in reality, it isn't even close (the clans who participated in Sunday night siege tonight understand this - every single server crashed either during the warmup or mid-match). I don't care if the combat needs work right now - I never expected it to be perfect on release. What needs to happen is some damn server maintenance or maybe switching the provider in order for us to have stable servers where we don't have to worry about crashes.

This should be Taleworld's #1 priority for multiplayer. Fix the servers so we can have a stable game, then worry about all the combat balancing issues that need to be fixed.

How many tests do we need to see that horses are way too strong, and Rabble riding chargers with a horn bow seems off?

I think you don’t really understand me friend. I am not against you. See TW stated that picking up any gear is a their design choice, so flat out removing it won’t happen. They never said they won’t adjust it though.

so how do you adjust things like this. How much less riding proficiency is balanced if a non-cavalry unit uses a horse? How much less bow proficiency for non archer units? How much weaker should cav and archers be in melee? How much slower should archers be able to run without being too weak against kick slashes which btw. Already dominate the gameplay?

I hope you get my point? This logic goes on for things like combat speeds and we know that Gab gave Taleworlds new numbers to Test but who knows how those numbers actually work out.

I think you don’t really understand me friend. I am not against you. See TW stated that picking up any gear is a their design choice, so flat out removing it won’t happen. They never said they won’t adjust it though.

so how do you adjust things like this. How much less riding proficiency is balanced if a non-cavalry unit uses a horse? How much less bow proficiency for non archer units? How much weaker should cav and archers be in melee? How much slower should archers be able to run without being too weak against kick slashes which btw. Already dominate the gameplay?

I hope you get my point? This logic goes on for things like combat speeds and we know that Gab gave Taleworlds new numbers to Test but who knows how those numbers actually work out.
Most of the classes should NOT be able to use horses or bow. Last time I saw a Battanian savage riding a horse using a bow he picked on the floor lmao.

I have already lost all hope.

Not a single new map since months, nothing changes about classes even if nearly no one like it, nothing in combat system, still those **** servers that bring you back in the MM after every single battle... (fun when you arrive for the last skirmish round...)

There were only MP during beta and there weren't any kind of great improvement even if all players warned TW.

But yeayeah we're going to have new badges soon !! Thanks TW!!

I don't think anymore MP is going to be good a day... Maybe I'm wrong and maybe we'll just have to wait another 3 years to enjoy the game we brought.

Last edited:
As Rocky as the EA has been - if TW can nail Bannerlord in time for full release the game will bounce back. We will see if they can accomplish that - I have high hopes for a lot of the changes they are saying they are going to address soon but we will see.

As Rocky as the EA has been - if TW can nail Bannerlord in time for full release the game will bounce back. We will see if they can accomplish that - I have high hopes for a lot of the changes they are saying they are going to address soon but we will see.

It surely won't be finished in time. I hope TW does it like allways and takes the time to finish it, even if people will complain of course. Its still better than getting a completely unfinished game, even if it means waiting even longer.

It surely won't be finished in time. I hope TW does it like allways and takes the time to finish it, even if people will complain of course. Its still better than getting a completely unfinished game, even if it means waiting even longer.
Ah we will see. I feel much of MP's issues could in theory be fixed quite quickly. Combat changes (we know they are coming), server fixes (must be being looked at), finally balancing and map changes (again must be on the agenda). I know it seems lke a lot right now but I think TW can pull it off. SP wise they are started to finish performance fixes and now are looking at new content.

In my eyes within a year we could be looking at a very different bannerlord... but we will see.

All the characters in the multiplayer have a 100 throwing skill value.

All the character have a 50 one-handed and two-handed skills. (Meaning archer and infantry have both the same skills in sword fighting even though infantry is supposed to be better at it and archer better at its own skill which is archery)

The vlandian crossbowmen who are supposedly specialized in crossbows, have also the same amount of skill in bow. Same for the khuzait who are supposed to be master of the bow, also have the same skills in mastering the crossbow.
We are aware of this and working to address this issue.
We are testing many combinations of perks and equipment to improve the Troops, expect some adjustments after the Combat changes go live.

Let's all hope that they'll release modding tools. Native MP wasn't a big deal for previous titles neither. Give the tools and leave the fixation of MP to modders.

Back
Top Bottom