In Progress My power supply blew out when playing bannerlord, after fixing my computer, I can't run bannerlord.

Users who are viewing this thread

So my power supply blew out when playing bannerlord, after I replaced the power supply, I was unable to launch bannerlord. I even reinstalled it and it won't run. The launcher appears in the task bar and then it just dissapears and nothing happens?

Does the rest of your applications and operating system work normally?

What about your other Steam games? You may need to consider a clean install of Windows after something like that.

Might be the save file is corrupted. Delete it and try to load again. If it loads and and then crashed when you try to start new game or save it, then go to your save files AFTER you launch the game (just start the new game and don't save and don't access LOAD tab) just launch the game, then locate the save files and delete them.

Also, what version of game you run? in Latest patches they fixed corrupted save problem

I can play other steam games and non steam games just fine, its just bannerlord that I can't launch.
Before reinstalling, I tried to update the game, the update wouldn't go through because of "corrupted disk".

I can play other steam games and non steam games just fine, its just bannerlord that I can't launch.
Before reinstalling, I tried to update the game, the update wouldn't go through because of "corrupted disk".

I would try uninstalling again, making sure that the local Bannerlord folder is deleted, clearing your steam download cache, then rebooting and trying to install once more.

Try backing up and deleting the C:\Users\YourNameHere\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder. Folders like these can persist after an uninstall and can be the cause of problems if they contain corrupted data.

If the game boots normally, copy and paste the save folder back where it should be and see if you can load your saves.

Try backing up and deleting the C:\Users\YourNameHere\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder

If the game boots normally, copy and paste the save folder back where it should be and see if you can load your saves.
If he has steam cloud on though, even if he deletes save files they reappear as soon as he launches the game. So he needs to delete them AFTER he launches the game before accessing load/save sections

If he has steam cloud on though, even if he deletes save files they reappear as soon as he launches the game. So he needs to delete them AFTER he launches the game before accessing load/save sections

Yep, although I doubt it's the save files which are causing issue. Most likely a broken config since the game won't even boot. Save file issue would show itself in the menu when trying to load, but it's easier to just remove the entire folder than go and pick out individual config files that could be the problem.

Yep, although I doubt it's the save files which are causing issue. Most likely a broken config since the game won't even boot. Save file issue would show itself in the menu when trying to load, but it's easier to just remove the entire folder than go and pick out individual config files that could be the problem.
Ah, yes. That's true

Nope, the power supply is not related to any software problems, it doesn´t uses drivers or stuff like this. As long as the pc is running the power supply is fine.
I know it doesn't use drivers or anything, but there's a possibility of it causing some inadvertent issues. And I only provided a suggestion, didn't state that he had to do it.

So my power supply blew out when playing bannerlord, after I replaced the power supply, I was unable to launch bannerlord. I even reinstalled it and it won't run. The launcher appears in the task bar and then it just dissapears and nothing happens?

If the psu were the issue your pc would shut off. When uninstalling try finding and getting rid of the mnb files not in your steam folder. There’s a folder in /programdata as well as /users that stores settings.

If you’re still getting corrupted disk errors then it’s probably your storage going. Do you have an ssd or hdd? Do you have a pagefile set?

Additionally it could be a mod folder issue. Even if you've uninstalled all mods and reinstalled the game, NMM/Vortex can leave behind a folder in C:\Users\YourNameHere\Documents\Nexus Mod Manager\Bannerlord. I had a problem booting Fallout 4 in the same scenario as you until I deleted that NMM folder.

Back
Top Bottom