The 2 greatest duelists in NA square off; Narmin vs. Forsaken where styles collide for the winner of the first 2020 tournament! Incredible matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread

It feels like they made a gentlemans agreement to always facehug but never kick.

Neither of them are kickers by style, although they both seem to have started doing it more often. You see when Forsaken lands his kick he uses the kick slash, Narmin landed 3 kicks but didn't follow through with the kickslash.

Problem trying to kick against either of them really is if you miss there's a high chance you'll get punished badly, and Narmin moves a lot so there's a good chance you'll miss.

Problem trying to kick against either of them really is if you miss there's a high chance you'll get punished badly, and Narmin moves a lot so there's a good chance you'll miss.
You don't know anything about the current kicking mechanic. It is possible to use a defensive kick, block, and then even follow up a hit if you do the timing right. Kicks are almost impossible to punish at the moment.

If you aren't using them all the time, then it means you simply haven't learned how. "Style" is irrelevant here.

You don't know anything about the current kicking mechanic. It is possible to use a defensive kick, block, and then even follow up a hit if you do the timing right. Kicks are almost impossible to punish at the moment.

If you aren't using them all the time, then it means you simply haven't learned how. "Style" is irrelevant here.
Exactly. For the kicker to be punished he has to mess up pretty badly

even 70 ping with block delay feels insanely hard to block anything

it's strange because there is supposedly a ping compensation system in Bannerlord that is meant to offset ping disadvantage. instead, it's far harder to play with higher ping in Bannerlord than it was in Warband. that system is a total failure.

it's strange because there is supposedly a ping compensation system in Bannerlord that is meant to offset ping disadvantage. instead, it's far harder to play with higher ping in Bannerlord than it was in Warband. that system is a total failure.
bruh you surely know nothing about duel then! this system is the best

Neither of them are kickers by style, although they both seem to have started doing it more often. You see when Forsaken lands his kick he uses the kick slash, Narmin landed 3 kicks but didn't follow through with the kickslash.

you shouldnt call it a kickslash... Bannerlord never intended for kicks to be a thing, and they only exist now in the form of a momentum glitch... In warband "kickslashing" actually existed

In addition to this, from viewing Narmin's point of view and comparing it to a spectator point of view you can see he was doing some crazy micro adjustments and other feints, but due to the casualization of Bannerlord mechanics in the form of locking up the speed of which the upper body can move from camera movements... (Making the game feel very stiff and slow) These movements pan out to nothing as Narmin didn't fully understand how much worse the combat camera of Bannerlord is.. Narmin's point of view here (Worth a Watch, chaotic ending!):

Last edited:

This is awesome stuff thanks for recording and sharing. Is it possible to switch povs between players? I like the spectator view but I’d also like to see the player’s pov sometimes. I didn’t really get everything until I watched narmin’s pov a few times. Was there a way in warband to record a session so that you could load up a recording afterwards?

The difference here is that it looks broken as hell from an insider point of view.

Top hit for warband duel returns this:

The animations look jerky to me and I couldn’t tell something was blocked without a sound. Bannerlord’s animations are smoother so it’s easier to follow what happened. What is it exactly that looks broken? It’s hard for me to see but I saw a few hits where it didn’t look like the blade came anywhere near a hitbox but a hit still registered. Did I see wrong or is this what it is?

even 70 ping with block delay feels insanely hard to block anything

Yes. I have 70 ping and I can’t tell you how many times I get the correct block loaded in and wait but then I see a hit register on my screen. I think I’m slow for sure but going into eu or oc server it’s literally impossible to play. Players with 20 ping or so are beyond challenging.

You can kick while blocking, too. For example, hold block up, release and kick then immediately block up. It will appear that you kick while blocking up the entire time.

Yes, if you input an attack during a kick (that lands) you get a free hit on faster weapons. But the fact remains that while kicking you are completely stationary (can't turn to aim, either). Yes kicks are very powerful and everyone should use them, but if you miss your kick you absolutely can be punished.

Top hit for warband duel returns this:

The animations look jerky to me and I couldn’t tell something was blocked without a sound. Bannerlord’s animations are smoother so it’s easier to follow what happened. What is it exactly that looks broken? It’s hard for me to see but I saw a few hits where it didn’t look like the blade came anywhere near a hitbox but a hit still registered. Did I see wrong or is this what it is?
In addition to making the hitboxes as perfect as they can be, I was hoping they'd make aesthetic changes to combat animation, so that it would look sleeker and more presentable, while retaining the combat's intensity and unimpeded freedom of interaction. Instead, duels in Bannerlord look no less "derpy" and puppet-like, and the mechanical changes to combat (i.e. not just aesthetic) make the speed of it look much less intense. There's also something about the attacking and blocking that doesn't look or sound as impactful, like they're fighting with matchsticks.

Back
Top Bottom