Taleworlds needs to hold themselves accountable and admit that many key decisions regarding multiplayer have backfired.

Users who are viewing this thread

greed no matter what happens this game will be popular. if the devs mess it up then modder will recreate a system which is more similar to warband and honestly i guess that mod will be much more popular than native haha

but why would they do that, it wouldnt make sense. im sure theyll come up with nice things
The popularity of MP mods is very dependent on popularity of Native MP. A mod that addresses the issues a lot of the community has with the game might be able to pull the Warband veterans that are still interested and the rare completely new player that didn't just drop MP after playing the Native experience, but without that large Native playerbase to siphon players from any mod will likely be unable to match the peak population from Warband MP.

Yeah true. I do think the game might still be the way we want it to be due to mods, but then again, population will suffer greatly. I am sure TW are aware of this :razz:

It's almost as if Warband had this exact same problem in the beta, and we got it fixed by raising skill requirements to ride horses, removing bolts/arrows from non-ranged classes between rounds, and adjusting proficiencies so that off-class weapons were not very effective. You don't see people running hybrid loadouts in Warband anymore. Yet here we are, 10 years later, repeating old mistakes. We have skill requirements on horses & ranged weapons in SP, they just need to be enabled for MP and skills for various classes need to be adjusted so that foot troops can't mount (heavy) horses and infantry/cavalry can't pick up bows.
If only ranged skills were actually inpactfull in SP....

Not arguing it's not good, just arguing it's very different as a spectator sport. All of those sports have evolved over time, both in their play and their coverage, to best represent what makes the sport good. MnB has not yet.

I mean you’re right it’s not as developed and super new but still. Idk watching some videos it is pretty clear what makes it good as a sport and it’s entertaining with a lot more depth than is given credit. I mean it’s like the esport and less Eurocentric version of hema. I think with a few changes it would def be possible for 1 player to be able to teamwipe another in a high-level skirmish match. Who will get the first ace on YouTube?

Check out @Jufasto and his videos if you haven’t https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...layer-compilation-videos.426278/#post-9479211

I mean you’re right it’s not as developed and super new but still. Idk watching some videos it is pretty clear what makes it good as a sport and it’s entertaining with a lot more depth than is given credit. I mean it’s like the esport and less Eurocentric version of hema. I think with a few changes it would def be possible for 1 player to be able to teamwipe another in a high-level skirmish match. Who will get the first ace on YouTube?

Check out @Jufasto and his videos if you haven’t https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...layer-compilation-videos.426278/#post-9479211
Oh, hey! Thank you very much for advertising me :smile: I appreciate it :oops:

I have played and casted competitive matches for years now so I recognise some of the flaws in the style. Player POV is a lot better, interested to see what spectator tools come when available.

Back
Top Bottom