Users who are viewing this thread

trio1989

Recruit
Please launch fixes to the seige engine as my troops wont even go up the ladders on seige towers and wall ladders also when they bust through the outer gate hardly any troops attack the inner door also people are getting stuck in all sorts of places

Please launch fixes to the seige engine as my troops wont even go up the ladders on seige towers and wall ladders also when they bust through the outer gate hardly any troops attack the inner door also people are getting stuck in all sorts of places
Why cant we have A small ram that Can go throu the inner door

Last edited:
If the game wouldn´t decide that during a siege 3 wars had to be declared and 5 factions had to leave your kingdome, it won´t be such a problem to smash in the walls of every town/castle I lay a siege on. With holes in the wall, all the passfinding issues are not so serious.

But as long as every siege is a save/reload-festival if you don´t want to lose half your kingdom until the walls are down, it would be nice if ladders and siege towers would work properly.

+1 this is IMO the most gamebreaking issue. About half of my sieges as attacker with ladders/towers end in stalemate due to pathfinding issues.

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue. I am sure it will be fixed as soon as possible. In the meantime, can you please give the name of the settlements and a visual of the bug. I am sure it would speed up the fixing process.

Every single castle we hit, infantry will only use one of two ladders at a ladder point (usually the left one) and 19/20 will only use the middle ladder on a siege tower. After a minute or two of that, they stop going up all together

A big problem that I have in 1.4.1 is that the Ai would rather use siege ladders than the open gate that has been smashed through. So they die one by one as they climb up the ladder instead of walking through an open door and just taking the castle...

If the game wouldn´t decide that during a siege 3 wars had to be declared and 5 factions had to leave your kingdome, it won´t be such a problem to smash in the walls of every town/castle I lay a siege on. With holes in the wall, all the passfinding issues are not so serious.

But as long as every siege is a save/reload-festival if you don´t want to lose half your kingdom until the walls are down, it would be nice if ladders and siege towers would work properly.

First of all, having TWO holes in the wall the pathing problems with two siege towers will look like something normal =D The AI becomes so torn by the choice, your army keeps running from one hole to another and back.

Anyway, people keep spending years in sieges, but that's not how it works in Bannerlord. You only need a ram. Then you get inside, walk around the front door blob of defenders and kill them in the back. I have conquered Calradia twice in Bannerlord without a single siege machines minigame =D

First of all, having TWO holes in the wall the pathing problems with two siege towers will look like something normal =D The AI becomes so torn by the choice, your army keeps running from one hole to another and back.

Didn´t have such problems with two holes. I just hit auto-deploy and my melee-troops divide into two bigger stacks and they gather near the holes. I usually lead one of the groups and after a few minutes of brawling with the defenders, the other group meanwhile bashed through the other gap and closes in from the other side and then both groups attacking the enemies guarding the front door right at the moment when it gets smashed in from a third, smaller group. The pathfinding problems, including fps-drops usually happen, when the battle is almost over, depending on the layout of the town/castle, when the enemy is either allready fleeing ore the last defenders are sitting somewhere in the towers or on the walls.

Didn´t have such problems with two holes. I just hit auto-deploy and my melee-troops divide into two bigger stacks and they gather near the holes. I usually lead one of the groups and after a few minutes of brawling with the defenders, the other group meanwhile bashed through the other gap and closes in from the other side and then both groups attacking the enemies guarding the front door right at the moment when it gets smashed in from a third, smaller group. The pathfinding problems, including fps-drops usually happen, when the battle is almost over, depending on the layout of the town/castle, when the enemy is either allready fleeing ore the last defenders are sitting somewhere in the towers or on the walls.

Maybe it was fixed. It's been some time since I tried punching holes in the walls. Back then AI did divide into two groups, and when fighting started in both breaches, one group suddenly turned and ran all the way to the first breach, and in some time the whole lot ran back to the second breach.

After that I never even tried sieges. Build a ram, attack, breach the gates, cut everyone inside in the most profoundly stupid way. Town is yours in one day. Not weeks.

Maybe it was fixed. It's been some time since I tried punching holes in the walls. Back then AI did divide into two groups, and when fighting started in both breaches, one group suddenly turned and ran all the way to the first breach, and in some time the whole lot ran back to the second breach.

After that I never even tried sieges. Build a ram, attack, breach the gates, cut everyone inside in the most profoundly stupid way. Town is yours in one day. Not weeks.
When only using a ram, how big are your losses then? How do you prevend your troops from using ladders, while the ram is on it´s way to the gatehouse? Some castles have a loooong way up to the gatehouse, when you don´t have siege towers and the defenders can concentrate on the ram... don´t they just shoot it to pieces?

I'd call the losses quite tolerable. Considering how bad the troops are at climbing the ladders, especially. And until the ram does its job, I usually snipe down a couple dozens archers, and my archer-heavy army gets some too.
In general I try to have at least x2 advantage when sieging, and in such cases I usually lose about 1/4, sometimes up to 1/3 (wounded included). Of course, sometimes things go terrinbly wrong, but in general a good two hander or polearm to the back of the front door guard quickly ramps up the killcount and makes enemy lose morale and run.
I very much hope that one day we'll see a proper attack and defense behaviour from the troops. Right now the way the attackers run as a huge snake across the keep instead of spreading out.. Or the defenders' positioning... Or the way everyone runs to some place they want to be so badly, that they don't stop to attack the enemies on their way, maybe throwing a hit while running by, not more.. All of this is so mind boggling, that I don't feel bad using my backstab tactics =D

I'd call the losses quite tolerable. Considering how bad the troops are at climbing the ladders, especially. And until the ram does its job, I usually snipe down a couple dozens archers, and my archer-heavy army gets some too.
In general I try to have at least x2 advantage when sieging, and in such cases I usually lose about 1/4, sometimes up to 1/3 (wounded included). Of course, sometimes things go terrinbly wrong, but in general a good two hander or polearm to the back of the front door guard quickly ramps up the killcount and makes enemy lose morale and run.
I very much hope that one day we'll see a proper attack and defense behaviour from the troops. Right now the way the attackers run as a huge snake across the keep instead of spreading out.. Or the defenders' positioning... Or the way everyone runs to some place they want to be so badly, that they don't stop to attack the enemies on their way, maybe throwing a hit while running by, not more.. All of this is so mind boggling, that I don't feel bad using my backstab tactics =D
Hm... OK, so some of the time you gain by sparing trebuches, you lose on the other hand to refill your losses after every siege. I rather lose less of my well trained troops against militia.
Spending more time for a siege has even some more benefits (at least for my playstile) : You don´t have to chase enemy armies, they come for you. And, off course, trebuchets thin out defenders and meanwhile enemy militia (sometimes) even suffers starving at a noticable amount.
Just using rams might come in handy when your kingdom has enough clans allready and the forces are at least nearly equal in strength. I´m in my second playthrough atm and when at war I can´t afford ANY losses (only 4 KI-factions left and I´m heaviely outnumbered) , except those that are really necessary to bring even heavier losses to the enemy (and city-garrisons/militia AREN´t heavy losses). Later on, when the game is a tie and further on when the sieges become more repetitive and the "snowball rolls for you" , I most likely will do the ram-only way, too. At that point I stopped my first playthrough, because 1.4 came out and i started a new campaign.

Last edited:
Hm... OK, so some of the time you gain by sparing trebuches, you lose on the other hand to refill your losses after every siege. I rather lose less of my well trained troops against militia.
Spending more time for a siege has even some more benefits (at least for my playstile) : You don´t have to chase enemy armies, they come for you. And, off course, trebuchets thin out defenders and meanwhile enemy militia (sometimes) even suffers starving at a noticable amount.
Just using rams might come in handy when your kingdom has enough clans allready and the forces are at least nearly equal in strength. I´m in my second playthrough atm and when at war I can´t afford ANY losses (only 4 KI-factions left and I´m heaviely outnumbered) , except those that are really necessary to bring even heavier losses to the enemy (and city-garrisons/militia AREN´t heavy losses). Later on, when the game is a tie and further on when the sieges become more repetitive and the "snowball rolls for you" , I most likely will do the ram-only way, too. At that point I stopped my first playthrough, because 1.4 came out and i started a new campaign.
To each their own. Refilling losses takes no noticeable time to me. 2/3 of the losses are wounded, and they pretty much get back in line by the time I get to another town and finish building camp and the ram. Also, most of the time it is the lords in my army that take the front lines in battle, so my own army rarely suffers anything noticeable.
I would gladly spend more time on siege minigame, but it is badly designed, reserve action for trebs is infuriating me, why can't I build them in reserve and then put forward? And somehow those trebs fire like 3 times a day, and it takes forever to breach the wall. Also, you can't aim them at the wall ignoring the defensive machines. Not to mention insane amounts of time it takes to breach walls. You said it yourself - a million things happen while you siege one town... And breaking through the breach is often much harder than through the door.. At least when I tried it, the defenders stood much closer and there wasn't a way to squeeze inside.My losses were much higher. So I found what suited me and I used this successfully since the first siege in my newest playthrough.
I don't get it, but in Warband taking castles and towns was the simplest task, a duck hunt game.. And yet taking over the whole country was a daunting task. Sieges take more effort and casualties in Bannerlord, but the much larger map gets conquered so much faster..

Pathfinding at a few of the Stugian castles are particular bad.
30 min into siege at siege of Kranirog and this has been going on for 15 min now
Broken sieges

Please fix asap it ruining the game imo

Back
Top Bottom