SP - UI UI. Suggestion:Family Tree,Badges for NPC , Tactical camera like VC and other.

Users who are viewing this thread

UI
1)add the family tree where your family will be located (if you can interact with the brother further in the story, then for him too).
l9rvpmr.jpg
Iew4WNd.png
2)add badges next to the person showing who he is, if he is a merchant - a bag of gold, if he is on a mission - a flag, if he is a governor - a key, if a vassal - a sword, if he is captured - a lattice, if it is left in the settlement ; - a house if he escaped from captivity and sits in a tavern; - a running person, if he is in your party - the party icon on the global map.
ODZbGR4.jpg
3)add the ability to block food in the inventory so that the party doesn't eat it; it is impossible to speculate food(this function is for food only).
select food and press the button.
QJuvPpg.jpg
click on the lock icon and we have a new inventory with blocked food (we can sell).
GpOR4fk.jpg
4)add the number of allowed number of workshops in the menu.
N9UQtKG.jpg
5)make it possible to delete notifications appearing on the global map on the right with the right mouse button, without hovering over the cross.
6)make the encyclopedia remember where we left off and not throw us to the top of the page. For example, after I looked at the companion in the middle of the page and left this page on the main page of all companions, I want to stay in the middle of the page, and not at the beginning.
7)when we enter the encyclopedia, I want us to be able to write right away without clicking on the search bar.
8 )make it possible to turn the warriors and move the camera in the encyclopedia to see what weapons they have.
9)make it possible to scroll through the pages of the encyclopedia using the buttons on the keyboard (backspace) and buttons on the mouse.
10)make a tactical camera like in a viking conquest!!!!!!!!!!!!! I explain, this is how I want it to look:
nH8DU19.jpg
The interface should be minimal, only formations.To make it more convenient, you need to assign a button near WASD (no backspace, it is too far away, during the fight even a second is important).I think the Q button is suitable.

Of course, it would be nice if the player himself could zoom out and zoom in the camera at his discretion in the settings.

Please comment, your opinion is important to me, report errors in the text, if any. ask questions.

Last edited:
You might wanna expand on that suggestion, it's not very descriptive. I presume you mean the tab that shows up when you press the backspace button?
I explain, this is how I want it to look:
nH8DU19.jpg
The interface should be minimal, only formations.To make it more convenient, you need to assign a button near WASD (no backspace, it is too far away, during the fight even a second is important).I think the Q button is suitable.

1) We thought about adding a family tree, both in clan screen and the encyclopedia, but in the end, because the player can choose their family members as heirs and start playing as them, the system got too complicated and it got scrapped(using a tree for lord relations but we used it in the unit page because in that context, it's simpler)

2) A hero who is a governor and a merchant(high trade skill I'm assuming) and a vassal and in a settlement would have 4 icons. Personally that's Too many imo and we don't really have that much real estate in other places we show a lord's name(settlement overlay etc.)

3) This relates to other game design elements and it's not just a UI change. Requires changes in the game design and balance(since other AI parties can do the same) Your UI suggestion looks good but it's more related to the game design. I'll relay this idea to the design team.

4-5-8 ) These are doable and I'll bring it up internally.

6) Because of technical reasons, this is not an easy change to implement but I understand your frustration.

7-9) Things like these(typing right away when an input area comes up, being able to use Enter to close query popups etc.) are planned but I don't have an eta.

10) Players can already zoom out the camera both in settings and in game(numpad + and -) keys. I'm guessing you meant you want it to go further. *cough* CombatCameraDistance in BannerlordConfig *cough*

Thank you for your suggestions and taking the time and effort to compile these :xf-smile:

Last edited:
1) We thought about adding a family tree, both in clan screen and the encyclopedia, but in the end, because the player can choose their family members as heirs and start playing as them, the system got too complicated and it got scrapped(using a tree for lord relations but we used it in the unit page because in that context, it's simpler)

2) A hero who is a governor and a merchant(high trade skill I'm assuming) and a vassal and in a settlement would have 4 icons. Personally that's Too many imo and we don't really have that much real estate in other places we show a lord's name(settlement overlay etc.)

3) This relates to other game design elements and it's not just a UI change. Requires changes in the game design and balance(since can other AI parties do the same) Your UI suggestion look good but it's more related to the game design. I'll relay this idea to them.

6) Because of technical reasons, this is not an easy change to implement but I understand your frustration.

7-9) Things like these(typing right away when an input area comes up, being able to use Enter to close query popups et.) are planned but I don't have an eta.

10) Players can already zoom out the camera both in settings and in game(numpad + and -) keys. I'm guessing you meant you want it to go further. *cough* CombatCameraDistance in BannerlordConfig *cough*

Thank you for your suggestions and taking the time and effort to compile these :xf-smile:
Thanks for the answer . I correctly understood that the family tree will be added to the clan’s menu?

3) This relates to other game design elements and it's not just a UI change. Requires changes in the game design and balance(since other AI parties can do the same) Your UI suggestion looks good but it's more related to the game design. I'll relay this idea to the design team.

7-9) Things like these(typing right away when an input area comes up, being able to use Enter to close query popups etc.) are planned but I don't have an eta.

I forgot to add this to thread(sorry). 10) it is necessary for My formation suggestions, there the main emphasis is on the combat system, but the UI is also involved (you can scroll through the spoilers to understand the main idea without losing a lot of time). Without this system, a tactical camera is not needed. (although I really want these 2 things in the game)

hey @emrozdemir . I'm wondering when some of my suggestions will appear in the game?
I understand this can be tricky:
3)add the ability to block food in the inventory so that the party doesn't eat it; it is impossible to speculate food(this function is for food only).
select food and press the button.
But these proposals, what is difficult? Especially № 5, it's funny because many games have it, but in BL a few months later it still doesn't ...
2)add badges next to the person showing who he is, if he is a merchant - a bag of gold, if he is on a mission - a flag, if he is a governor - a key, if a vassal - a sword, if he is captured - a lattice, if it is left in the settlement ; - a house if he escaped from captivity and sits in a tavern; - a running person, if he is in your party - the party icon on the global map.
5)make it possible to delete notifications appearing on the global map on the right with the right mouse button, without hovering over the cross.

Back
Top Bottom